Reaction score
Wednesday 16th February 2011
UEFA Champions League

19.45 Kickoff
Live on ITV1/STV
Emirates Stadium, London
200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
200px-FCB.svg.png

The Champions League makes a welcome return to our screens after a month away. This is where most people think the real Champions League Starts where the best 16 teams in Europe fight it out for a place in the final at Wembley.
When the draw was made mid-December this was the tie no Arsenal fan wanted after their annihilation of the gunners back in April 2010
they also should have been out of sight in the first leg if it wasn't for Almunia saving nearly everything and a Fabregas last minute penalty.
But it is the tie of the round where two fantastic teams who play fast free flowing football come head to head. There's Fabregas vs Xavi, Nasri/Wilshere vs Iniesta, Song vs Busquets Van Persie vs Villa and Messi vs Szczesny;).

Predicted Teams

Szczesny
Eboue Djourou Kosienly Clichy
Song Wilshere
Arshavin/Nasri Fabregas Walcott
Van Persie

Valdes
Alves Abidal/Milito Pique Maxwell/Abidal
Iniesta Busquets Xavi
Messi Villa Pedro

Score the last time these two met: 06/04/2010
FC Barcelona 4 Arsenal FC 1 (6-3 agg)
Messi 21, 37, 42, 87 Bendtner 18,

Predictions for the match? I'm not that confident but hope we can pull of a 2-0 win and hope that Szczesny plays the match of his life and saves every shot they throw at us. :)

Last edited:
Bit early, but hey, beat me to it :D

Both teams are arguably stronger this time round so could be a similar result. First leg: score draw. Second leg: home win.

hoping for the best, expecting the worst. :(

1-1

If the Arsenal defence of the Newcastle game plays then it could be a real raping ;) But I think Arsenal will make a game of it but will fall short. I'll go for 5-2 Barcelona on aggregate

doubt Arsenal can win, Barcelona haved looked invincible this season so unless Wenger takes a leaf out of Mourinho's book and plays a defensive tactic and on the counter, i doubt Arsenal will get anything out of the game

I would say throw every man back bar Rob Van Persie and exploit the space Barca leave behind and pray Messi, Xavi or Villa dont have one of their games

Last edited:
4-2 barcelona on aggregate, hope arsenal can do better, but the loss of TV could prove very costly

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

doubt Arsenal can win, Barcelona haved looked invincible this season so unless Wenger takes a leaf out of Mourinho's book and plays a defensive tactic and on the counter, i doubt Arsenal will get anything out of the game

I would say throw every man back bar Rob Van Persie and exploit the space Barca leave behind and pray Messi, Xavi or Villa dont have one of their games
ask betis and hercules if they are invincible...

Calum quick question, why do you always do the badge sizes differently?

Anyway I've got a bet on with my friend that we wont lose by more than 2 goals on aggregate. I can't make a prediction but I can say I think it will be respectable either way.

4-2 barcelona on aggregate, hope arsenal can do better, but the loss of TV could prove very costly

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Mike. every team has a bad game, i would say ask Real Madrid if they are invincible

Arsenal to get spanked again.
Seen it in the newspaper before, Interesting though, which Arsenal players would get into Barcelona 11? Fabregas would still probably only be benched. Other than him? None for me.

I really dont want to watch the game as it could be a shocker

we should play 5-4-1
With RVP and Theo out wide and Eboue and Clichyas WB's with Squillaci as a Sweeper
Szczesny
Squillaci
Djourou Kosienly​
Eboue Clichy
Song Fabregas​
RVP Walcott
Chamakh​

Last edited:
Mike. every team has a bad game, i would say ask Real Madrid if they are invincible
but they are clearly not invincible. and you could say the same about real, who clearly had a bad day, ose got it completely wrong tactically first half,

We'd never go defensive and even if we did we probably still lose. I don't understand Arsenal fans coming and wanting our team to play defensive, we don't have the personnel to do that anyway.

btw Barca have lost only one game in the La Liga and are in the Kings Cup Final

We'd never go defensive and even if we did we probably still lose. I don't understand Arsenal fans coming and wanting our team to play defensive, we don't have the personnel to do that anyway.

ye, no offence but you are probably going to lose, so why not have a go and see what happens especially at home. If you get beat then oh well you lost to arguably the best team in the world but at least you gave it an effort

btw Barca have lost only one game in the La Liga and are in the Kings Cup Final
i know barca's record, i just brought it up. still not invincible. Lets not already over hype them any more than necessary, they got knocked out last season playing better football than this season

but they are clearly not invincible. and you could say the same about real, who clearly had a bad day, ose got it completely wrong tactically first half,

they are not Invincible but bar those teams, they have not lost a game all season, they are running riot in the La Liga alongside Real Madrid who they are 8 points above mind you and are in the Kings Cup Final

they may not be invincible but i doubt they will lose

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

i know barca's record, i just brought it up. still not invincible. Lets not already over hype them any more than necessary, they got knocked out last season playing better football than this season

cos a man called Mourinho decided that the only way to beat them was to play defensively, i doubt Wenger will do that

Last edited:
ye, no offence but you are probably going to lose, so why not have a go and see what happens especially at home. If you get beat then oh well you lost to arguably the best team in the world but at least you gave it an effort
Personally I think we'd have a better chance of winning by attacking. Constantly allowing barca to run at you and sitting back is tantamount to suicide for most sides, let alone a side built around the philosophy of attacking football.

Arsenal will try at home, they will be truly spanked at the Nou Camp though.

Status
Not open for further replies.