UCL Partizan Belgrade v Arsenal Match Thread

WINNERS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Played Lukas. Should hopefully do him a world of good.

much more difficult game than people think i believe, but i reckon we'll be able to win this one, its one of those games where if we do win, it will be fairly comfortable (by 2+ goals)

^^)

Another save by Fabianski...

Almost pushed it in though :S

It's all over.

Great result considering:
we were under pressure,
it was a difficult atmosphere,
and we had a poor start

And Fabianski was in goal ;)

Last edited:
Brilliant crowd, they're still singing.

Nice touch from the Partizan players, staying on the pitch to applaud the fans.

Good win for us, going to a place like that is tough.

Good save from Fabianski.

Btw Joss Wolfgang Stark is the ref not the player that got sent off

Oops fail. Read it wrong
[/SIZE]

haha. Can see why you read it wrong, i'll edit

beat shaktar and we are all but through to the last 16

if you play like this against shaktar they will punish you

Hmm.

We weren't great, and conceding two pens is nowhere near good enough.

Don't think we were that bad though, their keeper plaid very well, and they really got stuck in with some rough challenges.

It also wasn't a first team, we created lots of chances, though admittedly down to 10 men. Think we can beat Shakhtar Donetsk.

LOL from BBC:

Stat time, courtesy of Infostrada Sports: "Six penalties were awarded in the Champions League matches this evening, the most since a record seven were awarded on September 13, 2000. The only other day with six or more penalties was March 14, 2000 (six)."

Half of them were awarded at the arsenal game, and September 13 is my birthday :)

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "When it was 1-1 it was a question of patience, but in the end we got an important win. I see Lukasz Fabianski every day and this is a good encouragement for him, he has a lot of talent. I don't know what will happen against Chelsea, we will see. Cesc Fabregas has a little chance of being fit."

Last edited:
Lol, that was the biggest dive for Arsenal's penalty by Chamakh.

From the highlights it looks like Arsenal should have been 3 or 4 up in the first half.

From the highlights it looks like Arsenal should have been 3 or 4 up in the first half.

Yeah, he goes down in the area, but there was contact..

And yeah, we perhaps should have been. Unlucky not to be though.

im glad Chamakh scored he is in my dreamteam and is possibly one for the chop next week so he redeemed himself a little bit today. Buzzing for Sunday now both teams got decent wins tonight.

Isn't a dive when there is no contact?

Isn't a dive when there is no contact?

That's what I think yeah.

If Chamakh went down when there was contact instead of taking a few more steps before hitting the deck it may have looked more convincing.

Then the highlights were absolutely one sided. the first 15 minutes was all partizan and Arsenal were lucky not to concede. Arsenal had a 15 minute stretch where they should of scored another after Arsharvin's goal which was absolutely against the run of play. It was a very even 1st half

Fabianski=MoM Although Djourou and Squillaci didn't help him

Then the highlights were absolutely one sided. the first 15 minutes was all partizan and Arsenal were lucky not to concede. Arsenal had a 15 minute stretch where they should of scored another after Arsharvin's goal which was absolutely against the run of play. It was a very even 1st half

Fabianski=MoM Although Djourou and Squillaci didn't help him

Not really, it was a shaky start yes, but their finishing was woeful, and the commentator got excited whenever they got the ball in our half, they didn't create any real opportunities, and i don't think Fabianski had to make a save. Actually he made one, from a weak shot from Cleo. Then Arshavin scored a good goal after a quick counter attack, and we dominated the next 18 minutes - had a shot cleared off the line, and denied several times by a keeper in form, it could easily have been 3/4-0 with a little bit more luck.

They got a dubious penalty decision, more against the run of play than our goal was, which they scored, and got back into the game, but again didn't create many more chances, and we kept possession but couldn't find a way behind their back line - they defended well, and again whenever we did get a shot away, their keeper was there.