UEFA Champions League 1st Knockout Draw Thread

That's ridiculous.

Xavi >>> Wilshere
Iniesta > Fabregas
It's pretty clear they are better all over the park.
Why would you compare Xavi to Wilshere and Fabregas to Iniesta? Surely it would be the other way round? Anyway doesn't change the outcome, they're still practically better all over the pitch. Only disputables are:

Is Alves defensively better than Sagna? Not sure
Is Xavi better than Cesc? Probably just by a bit.

We could win but the probable outcome is a loss and even if we do, it wont be because I team was better on paper lol.

Last edited:
Oh the shame of using Chelsea as an example :S
Cech >>>>>> Valdes
Cole >>>>>>>> Abidal
Terry < Pique
Alex > Puyol I'd have to say
Ivanovic > Alves Defensively
Essien > Mascherano
Lampard ? Xavi
Ramires <<<<<< Iniesta
Anelka >>>>>>>> Pedro
Drogba > Villa
Malouda <<< Messi

I see Arsenal as a very different team to Barca; UNSUCCESSFUL, AGGRESSIVE, FRUSTRATED.

Thats Mad. Villa is alot better then Drogba. Anelka is past his day and Pedro would run rings around him. Xavi is alot better then Lampard. Mascherano is better then Essien IMO. And cech? Is he really that much better then Alves? I'd say its extremely close.

Why would you compare Xavi to Wilshere and Fabregas to Iniesta? Surely it would be the other way round? Anyway doesn't change the outcome, they're still practically better all over the pitch. Only disputables are:

Is Alves defensively better than Sagna? Not sure
Is Xavi better than Cesc? Probably just by a bit.

We could win but the probable outcome is a loss and even if we do, it wont be because I team was better on paper lol.

I'm talking about in all aspects of their game.

Alves is a better right full back than Sagna because he is able to defend to a good standard and is excellent offensively. He also is perfect for the way Barcelona play.

Xavi is miles ahead of Cesc Fabregas. Xavi is definitely one of the top 3 midfielders in the world right now, and has been for a long time, but he's just been very underrated due to Barcelona/Spain's lack of success before recent years. There's a reason Barcelona and Spain struggle when he's not playing no matter who else is on the pitch.

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

Thats Mad. Villa is alot better then Drogba. Anelka is past his day and Pedro would run rings around him. Xavi is alot better then Lampard. Mascherano is better then Essien IMO. And cech? Is he really that much better then Alves? I'd say its extremely close.

The only one I'd probably agree on is Essien being better than Mascherano. Apart from that, it's all Barcelona imo..

I'm talking about in all aspects of their game.

Alves is a better right full back than Sagna because he is able to defend to a good standard and is excellent offensively. He also is perfect for the way Barcelona play.

Xavi is miles ahead of Cesc Fabregas. Xavi is definitely one of the top 3 midfielders in the world right now, and has been for a long time, but he's just been very underrated due to Barcelona/Spain's lack of success before recent years. There's a reason Barcelona and Spain struggle when he's not playing no matter who else is on the pitch.

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

The only one I'd probably agree on is Essien being better than Mascherano. Apart from that, it's all Barcelona imo..
Well the question I asked is if Alves is defensively better than Sagna and I still think that's disputable.

I really don't know how you can say Xavi is miles ahead of Fabregas but oh well, your opinion. I see Cesc as one of the best midfielders in the world too.

How can you say that you have Xavi in your top 3 midfielders and then say Lamps is better than Xavi, so Lamps is in your top 2??

Mascherano's better at the defensive side of the game, and Essien the offensive side.

Saw a few people saying Fabregas is better then Xavi.

For me, Xavi is the best midfielder in the world.

And why does Xavi start for Spain whilst Fabregas sits on the bench?

Xavi > everyone.

Well the question I asked is if Alves is defensively better than Sagna and I still think that's disputable.

I really don't know how you can say Xavi is miles ahead of Fabregas but oh well, your opinion. I see Cesc as one of the best midfielders in the world too.

How can you say that you have Xavi in your top 3 midfielders and then say Lamps is better than Xavi, so Lamps is in your top 2??

Never said Lampard was better than Xavi. Xavi is miles better than Lampard. Top 3 midfielders in the world for me are;

Wesley Sneijder, Andres Iniesta, Xavi. Not sure of the order, but they are the Top 3.

Oh the shame of using Chelsea as an example :S
Cech >>>>>> Valdes
Cole >>>>>>>> Abidal
Terry < Pique
Alex > Puyol I'd have to say
Ivanovic > Alves Defensively
Essien > Mascherano
Lampard ? Xavi
Ramires <<<<<< Iniesta
Anelka >>>>>>>> Pedro
Drogba > Villa
Malouda <<< Messi

I see Arsenal as a very different team to Barca; UNSUCCESSFUL, AGGRESSIVE, FRUSTRATED.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Chelsea are a great team but Barcelona are on a different level. You can argue that Cech is better than Valdes, Cole is better than Abidal. But Puyol is better than Alex, and I would have Alves over Ivanovic any day of the week. Xavi is clearly a better player than Iniesta and same goes with Pedro. Drogba and Villa are both great strikers but Villa just nicks it for me.

Mascherano's better at the defensive side of the game, and Essien the offensive side.

Mascherano can't attack at all though. Essien can defend well, just not as well as Mascherano. Hence why I say Essien > Mascherano. But I guess they're different type of players, so it's up for debate.

Nice to see a Chelsea-Barca player debate going on here lol. For me we have a better keeper, Left back, Essien is better than Mascherano but he dosen't even start for Barca. The difference is Chelsea bully Barca that is why we have a pretty good record against them. I would rather play Barca over 2 legs than a side managed by Mourinho.

Never said Lampard was better than Xavi. Xavi is miles better than Lampard.

yeah xavi does 100 passes a game or whatever but lampard gets 20 - 25 goals every season and is just as influential as xavi imo. im not saying lampard is the best in the world but i know which one id prefer in my team

and as for people saying villa is better than drogba theres just no words for tht, drogbas the best all round striker in the world only a fit and in form torres comes anywhere near him.

yeah xavi does 100 passes a game or whatever but lampard gets 20 - 25 goals every season and is just as influential as xavi imo. im not saying lampard is the best in the world but i know which one id prefer in my team

and as for people saying villa is better than drogba theres just no words for tht, drogbas the best all round striker in the world only a fit and in form torres comes anywhere near him.

You are the man lol, totally agree.

No chance.

Xavi > Lampard without doubt. When fully fit and on form, Drogba is a beast. But David Villa is never not on form. Constantly scoring goals whether the team is playing well or not. Probably the only striker in the world that scores goals no matter what.

I'd rather have last year's Drogba than Villa to be honest. Just because of the physical strength.

No chance.

Xavi > Lampard without doubt. When fully fit and on form, Drogba is a beast. But David Villa is never not on form. Constantly scoring goals whether the team is playing well or not. Probably the only striker in the world that scores goals no matter what.

yeah good point about xavi, youve won tht argument.
and basically what youre saying is drogba in form is better than villa but when hes out of form villas better. wow another brilliant point i just cant argue with that

yeah good point about xavi, youve won tht argument.
and basically what youre saying is drogba in form is better than villa but when hes out of form villas better. wow another brilliant point i just cant argue with that

If you read the fact about Drogba/Villa you'd realise what I was saying.

Xavi is better than Lampard. Everyone knows that. Only bias players seem to think otherwise, and even though you're not a Chelsea fan you seem to not like Barcelona much.

Drogba is a beast when on form. No question. But when he's not on form, he's average at best. In recent weeks, he's looked poor and everyone's been able to deal with him.

David Villa is never not on form. He's always a threat, and even if he's having a bad game, he will probably score anyway. He's a constant threat, is very quick can score with both feet and his head. Can set up as well as score, and can play down the channels not just through the middle. I guess it comes with preference to your strikers. I prefer a striker to be nimble quick and a lethal finisher. You must prefer a striker to be powerful.

It's all opinion and preference, but IMO it's pretty clear Xavi and Villa > Drogba and Lampard.

If you read the fact about Drogba/Villa you'd realise what I was saying.

Xavi is better than Lampard. Everyone knows that. Only bias players seem to think otherwise, and even though you're not a Chelsea fan you seem to not like Barcelona much.

Drogba is a beast when on form. No question. But when he's not on form, he's average at best. In recent weeks, he's looked poor and everyone's been able to deal with him.

David Villa is never not on form. He's always a threat, and even if he's having a bad game, he will probably score anyway. He's a constant threat, is very quick can score with both feet and his head. Can set up as well as score, and can play down the channels not just through the middle. I guess it comes with preference to your strikers. I prefer a striker to be nimble quick and a lethal finisher. You must prefer a striker to be powerful.

It's all opinion and preference, but IMO it's pretty clear Xavi and Villa > Drogba and Lampard.

To be fair Drogba has been playing with malaria the last few months. I don't think you can rate the pair against each other because Lampard and Drogba are as important to Chelsea as Xavi and Villa are to Barca if you get my drift.

youve still not offered any explanation as to why xavi is better youve just simply said he is, you also cant really talk about bias when your a man united fan so chelsea players arnt exactly gunna be your favourites

i do like barca i think theyre a good team i just really dont think theyre as amazing as everyone seems to think and all the media seem to think, they draw arsenal and everyone just thinks well thts arsenal out then but i dont think its gunna be as easy as everyone thinks.

and completely non biased drogba is better than villa

To be fair Drogba has been playing with malaria the last few months. I don't think you can rate the pair against each other because Lampard and Drogba are as important to Chelsea as Xavi and Villa are to Barca if you get my drift.

Yeah they are just as important to each team, but I don' think theres an argument, Xavi and Iniesta are better then Lampardand Drogba. Or if you want to do it singley, Xavi < Lampard, Villa < Drogba.