UEFA Champions League 1st Knockout Draw Thread

If im a defender i would rather be up against Villa than Drogba thats the way i look at it. Drogba is arguably the best striker in the world in a 4-3-3 formation leading the line on his own batteling the 2 centre backs and he comes out on top more than often.

If you read the fact about Drogba/Villa you'd realise what I was saying.

Xavi is better than Lampard. Everyone knows that. Only bias players seem to think otherwise, and even though you're not a Chelsea fan you seem to not like Barcelona much.

Drogba is a beast when on form. No question. But when he's not on form, he's average at best. In recent weeks, he's looked poor and everyone's been able to deal with him.

David Villa is never not on form. He's always a threat, and even if he's having a bad game, he will probably score anyway. He's a constant threat, is very quick can score with both feet and his head. Can set up as well as score, and can play down the channels not just through the middle. I guess it comes with preference to your strikers. I prefer a striker to be nimble quick and a lethal finisher. You must prefer a striker to be powerful.

It's all opinion and preference, but IMO it's pretty clear Xavi and Villa > Drogba and Lampard.

I see what you're saying, that's all true. You can't criticise Drogba for his recent form though, malaria. Lampard actually scores goals, Xavi simply passes the ball around, then makes a wonder-pass which makes a chance. I think Xavi is better than Lampard but Lampard is more rounded. Villa in England? Fail. Yeah he can head but he's short. Villa is incredible though. I hate Chelsea almost as much as I hate Spurs or Man U but they're a great team, out of form though.

Last edited:
Yeah they are just as important to each team, but I don' think theres an argument, Xavi and Iniesta are better then Lampardand Drogba. Or if you want to do it singley, Xavi < Lampard, Villa < Drogba.

I wouldn't swap Lampard for Xavi or Drogba for Villa and im sure a Barca fan would say the same but the other way around.

youve still not offered any explanation as to why xavi is better youve just simply said he is, you also cant really talk about bias when your a man united fan so chelsea players arnt exactly gunna be your favourites

i do like barca i think theyre a good team i just really dont think theyre as amazing as everyone seems to think and all the media seem to think, they draw arsenal and everyone just thinks well thts arsenal out then but i dont think its gunna be as easy as everyone thinks.

and completely non biased drogba is better than villa
I'd say that technically Xavi is better than Lamps, he's also more creative. However Lamps is the better athlete and is more determined and passionate.

I'd say that technically Xavi is better than Lamps, he's also more creative. However Lamps is the better athlete and is more determined and passionate.

I would say thats the other way round tbh as Xavi is the captain of barcelona and they wouldn't just hand that out easily as it requires a lot of passion for the club

I would say thats the other way round tbh as Xavi is the captain of barcelona and they wouldn't just hand that out easily as it requires a lot of passion for the club
I see Xavi as more of a perfectionist than a passionate, determind player. I see your point though.

You don't get anyone more determined and passionate than Terry, not sure who's captain now. Xavi was in Barca's academy, that plays a role in his captaincy.

You don't get anyone more determined and passionate than Terry, not sure who's captain now

I wasn't commenting on terry though, I was commenting on lampard and xavi. Terry is very passionate for club and country though

However passionate terry is makes no difference to lampard though, if anything it will help inspire him

Puyol is Barca captain, if captaincy is about passion then Eboue or Chamakh might be Arsenal's captains

Last edited:
How has this managed to become a Chelsea v Barca line up's/ Xavi v Lampard/ Drogba v Villa :S

How has this managed to become a Chelsea v Barca line up's/ Xavi v Lampard/ Drogba v Villa :S

I have no idea tbh, just went on this thread about ten minutes ago and that's what everyone was commenting on.

How Can you like that comment CJACKO? Your one of the main culprits of talking about your beloved Chelsea..Tbh this thread serves not much use anymore,its turned into 'lets see how we can pick holes in Barca' Thread. Nothing to do with the draw.

What about Spurs and Milan? Is it not going to be close?

How Can you like that comment CJACKO? Your one of the main culprits of talking about your beloved Chelsea..Tbh this thread serves not much use anymore,its turned into 'lets see how we can pick holes in Barca' Thread. Nothing to do with the draw.

Yer your point is??

You liked a comment saying 'How has this thread turned into Chelsea vs Barca Thread' When one not souly you but one of the reasons is you , I accept my part fully , And this is the last comment ill make

What about Spurs and Milan? Is it not going to be close?

I think they will both be very open games, and if we can come back from the San Siro with no more that a one goal defecite (maybe 2) then I think we would have a very good chance.