UEFA Champions League 1st Knockout Draw Thread

I think they will both be very open games, and if we can come back from the San Siro with no more that a one goal defecite (maybe 2) then I think we would have a very good chance.

Spurs are the lords of the turnaround.

that was my fault, it did start out arsenal v barca but then went into chelsea lol.

and as for tottenham v ac milan tottenham will rape them just as theyll rape most teams this year tbh, put the inter games home and away and tottenham would be through, for me tottenham are the dark horses of this competition and can beat anyone over 2 legs

Isn't there any unpredictable fixture apart from Arsenal v Barca?

Inter vs Bayern will be a good tight game, of corse a replay of last years final.

I'm inclined to agree. On our day we can beat any team at home*, so it's a case of damage limitation whilst playing the away leg.

*except Manchester United

everyone saying Arsenal are out are going on like Arsenal are a rubbish team yeah Barca thrashed them last season and are arguebly the best in the world but that doesnt mean Arsenal stand no chance to beat them. For Example this season who would of guessed Hercules would beat Barca 2-0 at the nou camp aye ??

Sorry, but Barcelona IS the best team at the moment. Of course in football anything can happen, but out of 10 games, Barcelona would win 8-9 games. They beat MOURINHO´s Real Madrid 5-0. I repeat 5-0!!! Its the first time in the history of Mourinho as a coach that he lost by a 4 or more goal margin. Hercules Game was a total Fluke.

What about Spurs and Milan? Is it not going to be close?

I can see a lot of goals being scored across 2 ties, Milan will concede a lot cause Spurs are strong on the flanks and well we all know milan have been crying out for decent Fullbacks for years. However Spurs centreback crisis will give Ibra the upperhand so i can see milan scoring a lot too :D.

I want spurs to win this tie, however i can see Football winning overall

If you offered me a 1 goal deficit from the first leg at the San Siro, I'd gladly accept it right now.

I think we can put a few past them in London.

The Arsenal v Barca draw will be quite a fun one to watch. If the good Arsenal show up, fit and uninjured like last year which everyone seems to forget, it will be a great game of football since they both love the possession game.

Forget about posession against Barcelona. There is no way a team can beat team with the same style. The only way to BEAT them, is like INTER and HERCULES did. ALL DEFEND, and score when u can, fast counter attacks. Any team that tried to outplay them, lost.

If you offered me a 1 goal deficit from the first leg at the San Siro, I'd gladly accept it right now.

I think we can put a few past them in London.

I personally think Lennon and Bale are gonna have a field day at the Lane

Well Lennon will be up against Antonini and potentially Robinho, so I'm not sure about that battle, but Milan really are lacking a quality right-back to deal with Bale.

Sorry, but Barcelona IS the best team at the moment. Of course in football anything can happen, but out of 10 games, Barcelona would win 8-9 games. They beat MOURINHO´s Real Madrid 5-0. I repeat 5-0!!! Its the first time in the history of Mourinho as a coach that he lost by a 4 or more goal margin. Hercules Game was a total Fluke.
Same could be said for the Real game.

Same could be said for the Real game.

If u say that, u have no idea of football. Did u see the match? TOTAL dominance. The game ended 5-0, could have easily scored 2-3 goals more. At 60th min, it was already 4-0, and u could see, that Barcelona dropped a couple of gears. Againsta Hercules, also total posession, unlucky to not score, and Hercules scored on the few occasions they had. Again, Hercules had a 10% of winning that game, and so they did. Against Madrid it was pure Rape.

I honestly think Arsenal have a good chance. We drew 2-2 at the Emirates and Messi was marked out of the game brilliantly by Alex Song. We missed TV5 and Gallas and had to play Mikael Silvestre at Camp Nou. Song was injured for the return leg, so couldn't mark Messi (Denilson is hardly up to it..) who ended up scoring four goals. Fabregas missed out, we've seen how much difference he can make in Arsenal sides. Nasri has been quite frankly awesome this season and we have two keepers who can actually do something vaguely useful in goal, not that any of the 4 goals were particularly Almunia's fault... Obviously they're a fantastic side but there's no point in saying it's over before it's even begun.

Barcelona have won. SNM

But I can see spurs struggling against AC. I'm going to the match at the lane, so it better be entertaining.

Barcelona have won. SNM

But I can see spurs struggling against AC. I'm going to the match at the lane, so it better be entertaining.

That's such a silly thing to say. Barcelona have won 2 months before they've even played, anything can happen between now and then.

That's such a silly thing to say. Barcelona have won 2 months before they've even played, anything can happen between now and then.

U are right. Those 2 games are still to be played, and we all know that anything can happen in football. I dont think anybody is really claiming that Arsenal already LOST the leg. Most are only suggesting that Barcelona are Heavy favourites, and has better players.

Just the fact that the three finalists of the Balon D´Or are Barcelona players may suggest that.

Personally, If Arsenal stick to their gameplan, a victory for the Gunners is less than probable. The few times I saw Barcelona loosing (e.g. Hercules, Inter Milan, Seville), the opponent used a strong physical defense, with low posession and lethal counterattacks. ****, even Etoo played as a wingback. And I dont see Arsenal playing like that. If we go to statistics, how many times did Arsenal loose to an opponent in terms of posession? Not many, as a matter of fact very few. That means, they have a gameplan, a philosophy of how to play the game, and have been doing so for a very long time. Its quite hard to change that and be effective in just two games.

Having said this, Arsene Wenger needs to change something for these two games. Specially at Camp Nou. Will he do it? Does he want to? I don´t know, but for all the Gunners fans around the globe, I hope so.

Last edited:
Good to see Arsenal have been drawn against Lionel Messi. (6)