UEFA Praise Arsenal

Calum

Reaction score
Arsenal have been held up as a shining example by Uefa as European football's governing body prepares to implement tough new financial restrictions. From the 2011-12 season, clubs must break even over a rolling three-year period or risk a possible ban from Uefa European competitions.
Uefa compared Arsenal's approach to that of clubs with super-rich owners.
"What model waits for a knight rider on a horse and then rides away?" said Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger's meticulous and sensible approach to spending has helped the north Londoners strengthen their finances over the last 10 years, as some of their rivals' own position has weakened.

Having moved to the Emirates Stadium in 2006, Arsenal now turn over more than £300m a year (including revenue from property sales) and made a pre-tax profit of £35m in 2009.
"Ten years ago Arsenal reported less income than Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle," Infantino added. "Now it is more than those clubs and in 2009 more than double Newcastle's.
"This shows what is possible with good management and careful investment."
In recent years, the Premier League has seen an influx of wealthy foreign businessmen acquiring control of clubs and embarking on lavish spending on players.

Its to long to post the whole article so read the rest HERE

Its easy to praise Arsenals strategy but it wouldnt be a sucess if it wasnt for Wenger as he has a super eye for talent and has saved the club a lot of money on transfer fees.
But credit where its due, Arsenal shows everybody else how it should be done :)

This is one thing Wenger has to be respected for. On FM his financial control would be virtually full.

But to be honest, as an Arsenal fan, you'd much rather lose money and win trophies wouldn't you?

As much as Im for us having good finicial control, I do think theres time were we need to splash out on a good player with experience.

But to be honest, as an Arsenal fan, you'd much rather have money and win trophies wouldn't you?

slighty edited what you said as thats what i would like

As much as Im for us having good finicial control, I do think theres time were we need to splash out on a good player with experience.

Such as a goalkeeper,if you dont get a good keeper in january i see them struggling in the second half of the season

But to be honest, as an Arsenal fan, you'd much rather lose money and win trophies wouldn't you?

Surely it's better to have financial control to allow sensible, long term investment allowing them to compete for a long, long time? Arsenal will greatly benefit from the financial fair play rules too, I really admire their business model.

This. But they have done well, but miss that edge to get them over the finishing line. That, one 30 million player.

Such as a goalkeeper,if you dont get a good keeper in january i see them struggling in the second half of the season

Fabianski and Ches are just fine we dont need a goalie

slighty edited what you said as thats what i would like

That's not what I'm saying though is it?

There comes a point when money will have to be spent, to keep up with the Man City's of the world. And to spend big money on a player of the top drawer, and not average players like Chamakh, who because he was a free signing, is a 'bargain'. Which before you state he's scored x amount of goals, with the amount of chances he gets, I reckon CJ would get a better tally...

Yeah, well Fabianski has been good this season to be fair, only 'mistake' hes made was against Newcastle.

If we want to win something we do need to buy experience. When we was winning back in 2003-4 we had alot of experience, Henry, Pires, Ljunberg. Although we never payed through the teeth for them, at there peak they was all worth 20 Mil plus.

Obviously has been doing them the world of good. Winning plenty of stuff.

To be honest, the only reason 5 years with no trophy bothers me, is because people keep talking about it :\. If people didn't make such a big deal out of it, I would actually be content knowing that every year we have a chance of winning the league. OK some years we fizzle out prematurely but still its good to watch Arsenal every season. Personally, ofcourse I'm not satisfied, I want more for my club but I can manage with no trophies for a while.

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

I wouldn't rather lose money and win trophies. Losing money causing instability, no thanks.

So as a fan, I would rather we trust in Wenger. Wenger has possibily too much faith in our youngster, so he doesn't want to hinder their growth by making big signing. Also he sees it as a waste of money to sign someone when we already have youngster which in his eyes will be as good as this prospective player within a year or 2.

Rather be were Arsenal are than were Liverpool are

To be fair, they've a won a trophy since you last won one. And with the new owners they now have financial stability. It's stupid comments like that, that kickstart arguments.

Rather be were Arsenal are than were Liverpool are

At the moment, yes. Think of the bigger picture tho.

We've won more stuff then you overall, and out of Liverpool & Arsenal we were the last team to actually win something. You're good at the start of a season, and maintain that during the season, when it comes to the end you fall apart due to your lack of experience, that wouldn't happen if you spent money on players who won't crumble, who knows that way you may win stuff and maintain a steady finance? It's obviously worth a shot isn't it?