I like the monthly updates and the layout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sit down at the table. With me is Tiago Monteiro (DoF) and Joao Afonso (Chief Scout).

'OK gentlemen, we needed 3 players. Update me'
Tiago starts: 'We looked, like you said to, at the lists of players transfer listed or with contracts expiring'
'And?' I hate all the small talk. It's obvious they're hiding something
'Well there's a top quality goalkeeper available on a free in the summer'. I stop Joao there. 'That's all well and good but Andrés leaves tomorrow and we don't have a backup apart from Fabiano - can you get this guy early?'
'I'll look into it'
Not the best of starts, but it is hard to get decent players at this level without paying serious money - money we don't have.
'OK, if you can't then find someone else'
'Striker-wise, we can't really find anyone - although Mitrovic is available on loan - could be a good player to use in the cup games'
'Get him.' I can't really pass up this opportunity can I?

There's a knock on the door. This can't be good - most of our team are wanted at this point.
Rui Barros, my trusted assistant manager, walks in. He doesn't look in a good way, and he's on the phone. He's shaking his head: 'I'll ask him but I doubt he'll say yes'. He lowers the phone. 'City want Alex Sandro...'
'How much?'
'£18m'
What I said in response to that is completely unprintable - I stare straight at Rui after my outburst (very dramatically my stare was :p ) 'Give me the phone'. He hands it over.
'£30m, take it or leave it'. I hang up. 'Is De Sciglio transfer listed at Bayern?'
'Yep, £2.2m' My PA just walked in, surprising us all.
'£2.2m? Snap him up now!'

Might not be too bad after all, Mitrovic, De Sciglio and this mystery goalie. I'm satisified as i walk out the door...

...And literally crash into Serge Gnabry - who to be honest I had forgotten was still here on loan.
'I want to lea-' I cut him short.
'Excellent idea. Goodbye' He looks shocked at my bluntness, but if he isn't willing to fight for his place then he can f*ck off. I turn back to the room; 'Sign a replacement loanee for Gnabry!' I walk off, smirking to myself

Never tried writing an actual fictional(ish) part to a story before, any feedback is welcome (Might help me write a better story for FM16)

View attachment 256266View attachment 256265
FCP seal double loan swoop!

Porto have today sensantionally captured the loan signings of 2 of Europe's best youngsters, Martin Odegaard and Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Both made big money moves early in their careers (Odegaard to Real IRL and Mitrovic to Juventus IG) but neither have managed to make an impact as of yet. Weight appears to have seen this as an opportunity to allow them to flourish alongside another youngster at Porto: Ruben Neves.

View attachment 256251View attachment 256250

View attachment 879612
FCP seal Rulli deal!
Porto have today added to the loan deals of Odegaard and Mitrovic with a permanent deal to sign one of the most under-rated (IRL) goalkeepers around. Rulli was out of contract in the summer but with original first choice Andrés moving to Napoli for £8.5m, Weight moved quickly to secure the services of Rulli for £6.5m

Unfortunately Mattia De Sciglio decided that moving to Barcelona was a better idea than moving to Porto -_-
Although, City refused to meet my £30m asking price for Alex Sandro

Busy month this one - 8 games! (And we haven't even got Champions League games)

Premier League Game 14 - Penafiel (h)
View attachment 879654
Not our best performance ever, but still 3 points

Taca De Portugal Quarter Final - Benfica (h)
View attachment 879658
Comfortable win - a few second choice players played here but Benfica were full strength...
View attachment 879668
2nd tier side :D

Premier League Game 15 - Academica (h)
View attachment 879662
Another comfortable win, all we seem to be good at - never smashing anyone

League Cup 3rd Phase - Vit, Setúbal (h)
View attachment 879663
Easy win again - Rulli yet to concede

View attachment 879671

Premier League Game 16 - Estoril (a)
View attachment 879674
First away game this month - as comfortable as the rest

League Cup 3rd Phase - Arouca (h)
View attachment 879681
Easy. Dominant. Expected

View attachment 879683
Sad :(

Premier League Game 17 - Rio Ave (h)
View attachment 879687

Premier League game 18 - Leixoes (a)
View attachment 879698

Flawless month! Last conceded a goal on 12th December...

View attachment 879706
If we don't win the league...

Next month is Dortmund away (and some domestic games)​

Last edited:
Sorry about the attachments for January (they're not showing up when i look at the thread). Will try and sort it out for the next update

February

View attachment 255489
6 games this month - including the 1st leg against Dortmund

Premier League Game 19 - Sporting Lisbon [A]
View attachment 255499
Not at our best, although the penalty decision was f*cking outrageous - how can the ref see if Neves handles it when he (the ref) is on the halfway line?!

League Cup 3rd Phase - P. Ferreira [A]

View attachment 255498
We only needed to not lose by 6 goals here and we'd go through - we did slightly better than that :p

We get Braga in the Semi Final
View attachment 255493

Premier League Game 20 - Maritimo [H]

View attachment 255497
Conceding 2 goals in 3 games is unacceptable (admittedly Rulli was out for both games) by our standards - still a win though as we edge closer to the title.

League Cup Semi Final - Braga [H]
View attachment 255496
Comfortable enough - Braga didn't have a shot on target and we should have won by a lot more
*Forgot to get the screenshot but we will play Estoril in the final - I expect to win that

Premier League Game 21 - Vit. Setúbal [H]
View attachment 255495
Final home game before a trip to Dortmund - but we do have a 10 day gap before then so I didn't rest anyone. 2 early Maicon goals got the win - we didn't really bother after that - bit of a concern when El Shaarawy took a knock but he's only out for 5 days so should be a fully fit squad (without Martinez) for the Dortmund game.

View attachment 255492

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 First Leg - Dortmund [A]
I've not really been that good at Porto or Inter with away games at top teams so i was a bit apprehensive going into this game - especially as they had just beaten Bayern 4-1...
View attachment 255494
We didn't play well - they were all over us and we got 2 lucky bounces which Borini pounced on. I can't see us blowing this lead in the second leg.

Elsewhere...

View attachment 255491
If Real Madrid get through... otherwise Bayern are the team to beat :(

*Forgot to take a screenshot of the table until after the first league game of March so...

Premier League Game 22 - Braga [A]
View attachment 255490
The performances seem to be getting a bit more nervy now - snatching at chances more (can't wait for Martinez's return)

The table:
View attachment 255488
Already guaranteed a top-half finish with 12 games left to play (for us and Benfica, 11 games for the rest)​

Got a bit carried away with the save - I'm near the end of the season now so I'll wait until the end and do a bumper post.

Quick Summary:
Into the CL Semi's - finishing the job against Dortmund, then knocking Barcelona out on away goals - We have Man United in the Semi Final
We won the league with 5 games to spare
Borini and Nani broke the Porto (and league) records for goals and assists (respectively) in a season.
Benfica sacked Joachim Low after we won the league - replaced by Leonardo Jardim
We're in with a chance of completing a quintuple (if you count the supertaca as a trophy)​

Almost a half season update...

View attachment 254770
Doing the update slightly before the end of the season as 2 of the last 3 games are cup finals...

Fixtures:
View attachment 254769
A lot of green in there (familiar feeling...) and we still have a game left in the league

View attachment 254768
With 1 game to go we are still having a worse season than last year, although avoiding defeat will make it a better season than then. Benfica will be upset to have finished nearly 20 points clear of 3rd, but still be a further 18 points behind Porto - shows that we really are a class apart.

2 games from the CL i want to show:
QF Second Leg against Barcelona (2-3 agg before the game)
View attachment 254767
I was really impressed with the boys in this - absolutely dominating one of the best teams in the world and only a heroic display by Ter Stegen stopped the score reflecting our dominance

SF Second Leg against Man Utd (1-1 agg before the game)
View attachment 254766
Well, Estadio de Dragao is a fortress - or as José would say: 'Minute 6 decided the game'. I've watched the highlight several times since the game and still can't work out what Wanyama got sent off for (Neither could José - he didn't get punished for his outburst after the game). I'm thankful for the refs howler, I didn't fancy being dominated for another 84 minutes. We just piled forwards after this and United held out until midway through the second half when the numerical advantage caught up to them and they collapsed.

In the final we have:
View attachment 254765
Real Madrid blew a 3-0 lead from the first leg to lose their Semi Final. :)

Player of the Season (So far, probably won't change though):
View attachment 254764
Borini was originally bought in to be backup to Martinez. Now the £2.3m i spent on him looks like a real bargain! He does only get it ahead of Nani because he has more than double the goals than Nani has assists: 43 goals (!) to 21 assists

Young Player of the season:
View attachment 254762
This award was much tougher to give out - but I've gone for Neves based on the fact he's played 55 games for us this season and been excellent in around 50 of them. Odegaard comes second but he only had a half season of an impact, Velazquez third - but he's being tipped to win PPLYPOTS (Premier League Young Player of the Season) so it's not all bad for him!

Now I may have got a bit ahead of myself - we haven't won the CL yet and I've already applied for several jobs... Next post will cover the 2 cup finals (and whether we did better than José) plus if i get another job (I will automatically turn down if we lose the CL final though).​

I lied :p

Sorry, gonna do a full post for the CL final :p

Anyway we won the Taca de Portugal - that's 4/5 trophies for the season
View attachment 254757
Comfortable as usual - a few first team regulars rested as the CL final is just 3 days later!
Herrera will miss it though :(

Little bit of buildup
View attachment 254756View attachment 254755
Liverpool are slight favourites, and i completely forgot about Aboubakar playing for them until i got the message. Time to show him he made a mistake in leaving!

P.S. The last time one of my teams played Liverpool? It finished 6-1 to me :p

Champions League Final - Porto vs Liverpool (Millennium Stadium)

View attachment 883211vsView attachment 883214

Liverpool vs FC Porto (Millennium Stadium, Cardiff)

Confirmed Teams:
View attachment 883222

For Liverpool: Only Skrtel misses out - resulting in 15 y/o regen Steve Nangle being on the bench. Usual 3-4-2-1 - only surprise is Origi on the right ahead of Markovic
For Porto: With the Taca de Portugal final 3 days earlier, we're forced to name a slightly weakened side. Odegaard and Herrera are injured, Alex Sandro and Quintero struggling for fitness

Kick-Off:
Liverpool kick off.

14 seconds:
Aboubakar receives the ball and sends an excellent through ball into Sterling's path. He hits it first time, but Rulli denies him.

7 minutes:
Liverpool go long and Coutinho is in behind the defence, he opts to square it for Aboubakar but Rulli reads it well and stops the pass. He then throws long and from the counter-attack Quintero nearly scores from 40 yards after spotting Begovic off his line

12 minutes: Andriy Yarmolenko goal, Liverpool 1-0 Porto
Liverpool's early dominance pays off, a throw in is worked to the other side where Origi swings the ball in - all the defenders leave it and Yarmolenko arrives to smash home.

16 minutes:
Liverpool resume their pretty passing pattern, keeping the ball for nearly 2 minutes before Sterling is played in but Rulli makes yet another save (MOTM so far)
20 minutes:
Henderson and Allen exchange passes before the latter flashes a shot across the face of the goal.

25 minutes - Liverpool change, Markovic for Origi (Injury to Origi)

25 minutes: Stephan El Shaarawy goal, Liverpool 1-1 Porto
We punish Liverpools uncertainty after the substitution as a throw in occurs while they're reorganising. It's quickly worked to Josué who plays it to El Shaarawy who has acres of space in the penalty area to pick his spot. Game on!

27 minutes:
We nearly take the lead! Nani shows great skill down the right and his cross is brilliant. Borini climbs above his man but his header is just too high.

36 minutes:
After a bit of a lull in the game, Coutinho takes the ball off of Allen before driving forwards 30 yards with it and hitting a daisy-cutter towards the bottom right corner before Rulli meets it at full stretch.

41 minutes:
Mbaye lets Yarmolenko turn him inside and out - great skill. Except the finish doesn't match it. Closer to the USA than the goal...

44 minutes:
We have a brilliant counter attack cut short by a blatant foul from Henderson. The free kick is whipped in by Nani, and Neves pounces on some defensive uncertainty to smash the ball against the post

HT: Liverpool 1-1 Porto
Liverpool have been on top for large spells but Rulli has been there for most of it. We struck when we got our chance.

Overall I'm not best pleased at the dominance Liverpool are having. Their attack-based formation is causing us all sorts of problems and Borini is struggling without much service, 3 on 1 isn't working in his favour - maybe Martinez could help that? Apart from that the team have been well-disciplined and we just need to hope Liverpool tire.

Porto kick off the second half - no changes at half time

51 minutes:

Aboubakar angles a superb pass out left, Coutinho cuts inside Danilo and curls a shot just wide of the far post.

53 minutes:
Our first chance of the half as Neves and Nani combine to work the ball to Borini just inside the penalty area. He skies it - not his best day today and I'll be subbing him off.

57 minutes: Porto change - Martinez for Borini
Lets hope Martinez can give the Liverpool defenders more to think about

61 minutes: Liverpool sub: Musa for Coutinho

Coutinho has been their best player...?

65 minutes:
Musa's pace takes him all the way to the byline but his cross evades everyone

65 minutes: Porto swap - Quintero for Josué

I need that creative spark.

66 minutes: Yellow card for Quintero
That was quick...

71 minutes: Liverpool sub - Douglas Costa for Musa
I don't know what Rodgers is thinking...

72 minutes: Diego Reyes goal, Liverpool 1-2 Porto
Quintero shows what we were missing, his corner is straight onto the head of Reyes and he can't miss. Can we hold on? (knowing my record in finals, probably not)

77 minutes:
Henderson smashes a free kick goalbound, Rulli flies across to make the stop.

81 minutes:
Neves goes down injured, Liverpool play on but Danilo makes a crucial intereception to stop Sterling going clean through on goal.

83 minutes:
Douglas Costa beats a couple of men on the right before sending a cross in that Aboubakar narrowly misses.

87 minutes:
We earn a brief respite as the ref gives us a free kick. Rulli launches the free kick upfield, Quintero turns his man and his shot flies narrowly over (that would've been game over).

90+1 minutes:
First of 4 added minutes and Liverpool are still patiently probing until the ball falls to Sterling who fires wide.

90+3 minutes:
The Porto fans start singing and dancing as Danilo surges upfield with the ball. Begovic comes rushing out of his goal to stop the pass reaching Martinez. He launches it upfield, Aboubakar wins the header and Yarmolenko is clean through...
but Rulli denies him
and....

FT: Liverpool 1-2 Porto
The ref blows the full time whistle
We've done it! Somehow we held on and I have my second CL triumph as a manager. 5 trophies out of a possible 5. Time to move on now. Telling the squad won't be easy so I let them bask in the glory of their (admittedly ***** attacking) performance.

*For some reason it won't let me insert the screenshot from after the game..., I'll try and sort that out.​

Dang! Why did Liverpool have to lose! :p 2 wins is great already though! :D

Well I cost £1.6m in compensation - i forgot to resign :D
I'll do a full post detailing my new club tomorrow - Don't spoil it Lewie :p

New Club - Overview and playing squad

In a somewhat controversial (although there will have to be several controversial moves in the save, and José has already done Chelsea, United and is currently at City :p ) I have moved to...
View attachment 254305
Borussia Dortmund

When i was at Bayern i pinched Reus and Hummels from them so they were weakened. They haven't really improved since then - in fact they've gone backwards, finishing 3rd, 4th and 5th in the last 3 seasons. The 5th place was what ultimately cost Dieter Hecking his job,

The squad:
View attachment 254304

Not too bad really, struggling to see how they finished 5th?

3 Problems i have identified so far:
1. Bayern Munich are still too strong so we need to avoid them at all costs (Europe wise)
2. The TB isn't great - only £7.5m, although I don't know what the expectations are yet
3. Thursday Night Football :(

In terms of key players I would say these are the 3 I need to keep:
Neven Subotic [DC]
View attachment 254303
Probably our best defender and on considerably lower wages than Leo Bonucci who i may look to move on.

Ilkay Gundogan [MC]
View attachment 254302
Somehow he is still here - my most versatile CM and the one i need to keep, could be a challenge with only EL football to tempt him with

Baldé Keita [AML]
View attachment 254301
Dortmund spent a fair amount of money to get this guy as a replacement for Reus. He is on a very high wage but is by far their best player and was the only one i was scared of when i played against them (as Porto). Better at AML but can play up front if i don't get a quality striker from somewhere (Facundo Ferrerya is currently their best natural striker...)

Hot prospects:
View attachment 254300View attachment 254299View attachment 254298
The regen will be a player i will look out for in the future (wherever I am), but him and Aydogan will probably go out on loan this season. Passlack is staying to be introduced fully into the first team.

History:
View attachment 254293
Only 1 CL triumph so far, my job is to change that.

Next post will be about the WC with Brazil - I will resign no matter what the outcome.​