View attachment 245820
Obviously Barca are a big club but here's the history screenshot anyway

View attachment 245819
Their recent history isn't as good, with only 7 trophies in the 5 seasons I've played so far (and 2 of those were super cups, with a club world cup as well). They've finished 2nd in Liga BBVA for the past 3 seasons running - only finishing a point ahead of 3rd placed Atletico last season.

Onto the squad:
View attachment 245818
Not in the best of shapes, Bravo is retiring at the end of his contract (end of the month) - PSG have already made 2 bids for Neymar and Chelsea have bid for Suarez. Top priorities are getting a backup keeper and sorting out the defence. Then I need to try and get a couple of midfielders in as MSN are all listed as the best backup to each other, with no-one else anywhere near their quality.

Atm I haven't been given my transfer budget but i have £725k p/w wages spare to move into budget if necessary.

If anyone has any suggestions for signings, I'm listening (honestly don't know who to get)​

Sorry for the long gap between updates, it's going to be like this over the summer as I am away a lot - therefore I am switching to half-season updates (and a summer transfer one, this)
View attachment 242920
Summer Transfers
Barca have a squad with a load of players that they've bought in just for the sake of weakening their rivals. So I had to sell them and sort out some more high quality replacements. On very little budget tbf...
View attachment 242916
Just the 3 players in, but they improve the side.
Iñigo Martinez is our new best defender and is HG in Spain (always a bonus). He will also be a good tutor to a decent regen who is our 4th choice CB, as Pique's determination is much lower than the regens.
Daniel Donisi is a decent Colombian regen i found at Napoli and he instantly becomes our first choice RW - we didn't have a natural RW when i joined.
View attachment 242909
Bilal Ould-Chikh has barely featured for Bayern but is still a good talent and will be a more than adequate backup across the midfield, and hopefully he can get more game time here.

No major outs, just those that I don't feel will get much game time this season.

View attachment 242919
We were seeded first so I hoped for a decent group which would help me focus on taking the title back in Spain.

View attachment 242908
Well... might not have been so bad if it wasn't for the fact that we play Real and Atletico before the two Man United games... Should get through this fairly easily though (even if Anderlecht have a wonderkid regen i'm tracking)

This is probably the first choice team for the season:
View attachment 242893

And this is what I think Real's first choice team will be - they still have Berardi, Illaremendi (who has actually turned out good) and Bernat on the bench...
View attachment 242892

Next update will be at the end of January (hopefully either today or tomorrow)​

View attachment 241731
Mid Season Update
Just a brief overview if you don't want to read all of it - We won, a lot :D (We didn't win on only one occasion this season so far...)

Fixtures
View attachment 241730
View attachment 241728
That's a lot of wins.... Really annoyed with the Monaco game otherwise it would be a completely 100% record for me. Already looking into jobs that could be available at the end of the season, Real Madrid and Liverpool look fairly likely to lose their managers.

Cup Draw
View attachment 241718
This is the toughest draw until the final - both Atletico and Real are on the other side of the draw

CL Draw
View attachment 241717
Long journey aside, this should be pretty easy - the only team that would have been easier was FC Copenhagen

In terms of player performances - it's safe to say it's pretty good :p

Top Scorer - Luis Suarez (26)
View attachment 241712

Most Assists + Highest Avg Rating - Daniel Dionisi (17 and 8.07)
View attachment 241713

Manager's Pick - Levin Oztunali
View attachment 241714

Surprise Player - Bilal Ould-Chikh
View attachment 241715

NB: Manager's Pick is my choice of most underrated player not in the top stats section for us (Oztunali is second highest assists). Surprise player is the player who has, well, surprised me the most.

EDIT: Forgot the table screenshot - at this point we were 8 points ahead of Real in 2nd and 17 points ahead of Valencia in 3rd

Transfer plans
Don't have too big a budget - some idiot before me put a clause of £6.5m in Levin Oztunali's transfer for when he plays 50 games for us, he was on 42 when I arrived :/
If I can, I want a backup striker and a backup RB

Is there anywhere in particular (that I can go to) that people would like me to go to next (providing I win the CL...)?

Last edited:
Shame Arsenal haven't won the CL, they might get relegated this season :eek:

How are forest doing?
Also you'll need to update the first page with the dortmund cl win. Just thought I'd like to remind you. Great job on this keep it up

I'll have a look at Forest when I get on the save, thanks for the reminder (again...)

How are forest doing?
Not good, fighting relegation in the championship (had a mini crash dump end of the Dortmund season and they lost the playoff final instead :/) Already sacked one manager this season...

View attachment 240686
End of season report
Another season done, but is it another CL trophy in the bag?

League first:
View attachment 240685
There were a few games after the Osasuna game, but that was when we won the league so I stopped trying then :p
Final Table:
View attachment 240684
Easy, 1 loss to Sevilla, 1 to Real and 1 to Getafe -_-

Also:
View attachment 240683View attachment 240682
These highlight our dominance pretty well, despite this we didn't have a single award winner :/

Cup:
View attachment 240681
Easy through to the final, i was tempted to rest some first-teamers (and i did) but I let most of them play as it was El Clasico
View attachment 240680
And we beat them, again.

CL: The big one
View attachment 240675
Had a bit of a scare against Liverpool, otherwise it was fairly simple. Through to the final to play Real, again.
View attachment 240674
And we beat them, again. :p This was a great game though, Suarez just needed to one more goal to break Messi's IG record. He didn't though so they share a record of 55 goals in a season.

I had a job interview just 2 days after and as soon as they approached me I couldn't say no. My favourite team came calling so I said yes (but not before putting a release clause in Dionisi's contract :p )

Next post will be me choosing the best XI i have managed thus far, then that's it until after my holiday :/​

As I promised, here is a first choice XI for the players I have managed thus far:
View attachment 240584
RW was the hardest position to choose by far, Robben, Markovic and Dionisi could all have been in the first choice XI - Robben got in because he was consistently brilliant for 2 and a bit seasons, despite being in his 30's

RW wasn't the only tough choice to make, so I made a second string XI as well :p
View attachment 240583

Honourable mentions to the following who didn't get in
Mauro Icardi (Inter)
Fabio Borini (Porto)
Lazar Markovic (Dortmund)
Paul Pogba (Bayern)
Levin Oztunali (Barca)
^ These are the one's from each of my 5 teams who i feel are the most unlucky to not have featured in either lineup.

Until next time guys.

View attachment 240579

As I promised, here is a first choice XI for the players I have managed thus far:

RW was the hardest position to choose by far, Robben, Markovic and Dionisi could all have been in the first choice XI - Robben got in because he was consistently brilliant for 2 and a bit seasons, despite being in his 30's.​

This is interesting, I just can't bring myself to rate Robben in this year's game.

Brought him to my spur's team in the 2nd season and he was terrible.

Could have been tactics though so cant completely bash the guy :p

This is interesting, I just can't bring myself to rate Robben in this year's game.

Brought him to my spur's team in the 2nd season and he was terrible.

Could have been tactics though so cant completely bash the guy :p
What role did you use him in? I found he worked best as a winger (s) with an If (a) on the other wing. I had him paired with either konoplyanka or depay if it helps. Or it could just have been the standard of the league, he did occasionally go missing in the big games...

Well, finally got Wi-Fi and I think Christmas may have come early :D Not only have I got wi-fi (so finally have access to the save) but when I get on the save I find a certain Mr. Jovic transfer listed for £2.2m :D
Whilst he obviously hasn't developed as well as he can, I feel that he can still become pretty good with more regular game time.

View attachment 235103
I'm still going :p - Transfer window update

Yeah, updates are a bit sporadic/non-existent atm, very busy

Transfers:
View attachment 235102
No prizes for guessing the big loss, only gave in as he wanted to leave for CL football and De Bruyne didn't want to play in the championship. Think I did well to get £60m for him from an initial bid of £33m :p PSG then went after Hazard - that was never going to happen unless it was a world record fee - the most they offered was £42m! They also wanted Zouma but refused to meet my £45m asking price - he's our best defender. Vallejo was bought in in case PSG did meet the asking price and is a solid backup option to Zouma and Musacchio. I couldn't resist the chance to bring in Dionisi, especially with both Lucas Moura and Iturbe moaning about something and wanting to leave. Munir provides a backup option (and a good one at that) to Hazard and is versatile. Coman is backup CAM and is used in a different tactic to De Bruyne. Aurier provides backup on both flanks and in the centre if we have an injury crisis. Amrabat was signed by my assistant (and tbf he is a decent choice in CM), Wilson was bought in as a HG player :p

These transfers mean my (probable) first choice team looks like this:

View attachment 235101

De Graaf is a great Dutch regen that Chelsea have - Here he is:
View attachment 235097
Definitely a rival for Dionisi as the best regen I've managed on this save (Man City have an insanely good CM regen who i wanted at Bayern, he would make the top 3 with these 2)

Having played the first 3 games, the league is pretty easy - hoping it will get tougher when the Europa League starts.
View attachment 235093
Early days but not sure who worries me most... in theory it should be City but they are struggling, next up are Liverpool but they're too inconsistent (a 4-1 win and a 5-1 win contrasted with a 4-0 loss to United). United themselves are probably the big threat but we comfortably beat them at Lampard Arena

The EL group:
View attachment 235092
Yeah, we'll top that :p

I have no idea when the next update will be, I hope to finish this season before I go on holiday though

OK, I am back from holiday and as I will be back to normality (hopefully) I will be reverting (If i even did them in the first place?) to 4 updates a season - October, January, April and EOS updates. The October one for the first season of Chelsea will be up soon

View attachment 229025
Chelsea FC - August-October Update

Fixtures
View attachment 229024
That's quite a few goals...

League Table
View attachment 229023
I think the only surprise is that it's only 6 points we lead by. Comfortably on top and we should win it.

Team Stats
View attachment 229022
Of course we dominate the stats, not a single goal conceded is very impressive in any league - let alone the BPL!

Europa League Group
View attachment 229021
Qualified already, this was to be expected and I would hope that we win the whole thing

COC Draw
View attachment 229020
This was the easiest draw we could get, only Man United of the other 7 teams in the draw even begin to worry me. We should win this cup as well.

Players of the Update
Eden Hazard and Romelu Lukaku
View attachment 229019View attachment 229018
Split between 2. Hazard has 11 goals and 11 assists already and is the 3rd highest avg. rating in our squad (Azpi is the surprise highest at nearly 9.00!). Lukaku has managed a pretty good 17 goals in 9 games, keeping Costa out of the team (sort of)
Worst Players of the Update
Kevin De Bruyne and Kingsley Coman
View attachment 229016View attachment 229017
Not De Bruyne's fault really, he got injured in the second game and hasn't yet returned to full fitness. Coman has had a lot more games because of the injury to De Bruyne but has failed to show any sort of quality - leading to him quickly losing his spot to De Graaf.

Next update - End of January transfer window​