Phil Jones in CD Cover is a beast.. I have an Argentinian regen and they barely leak any goals

For my Man City team, I have Hummels and Kompany. However, I always try to find a defender with covering, and a defender with stopping. Not sure about how others view this but I feel this is a good pairing/option to have as one can go to the ball whilst the other can cover the space.

Last edited:
Victorino and Howedes. They were utterly awful in my first season with Schalke but I kept faith and now I've got beat defence in the league with 9 clean sheets in 15 games.

Mbiwa + Dede
Samba + Otamendi was pretty solid for me too..

I'd say it depends on what you want from a defense pair. If you are Barca then you want players who can help with the passing and attack against weaker opponents but can stay solid and not concede against Madrid. If you are Blackpool then you just want a man mountain who can head, tackle, win the one on ones and CORNER GLITCH. Man mountains all the way for me.

Paulinho and Azizi..two of my regens with Celtic. Conceded 14 goals all season :D

Otamendi and Varane. No contest. Its the most reliable back two i've ever had. World class stats, rarely get booked out, barely ever get injured, consistent solid performances throught many seasons.