Chrissy, this formation is exactly the same as i tried to do sometime, but u're much better tactician than me, so ur tac working flawless and my never saw the daylight ;).

fantastic results with Bayer, good work m8!

Every time I rage quit FM14.2 someone posts a good looking tactic!!

Tried on Ajax save. 8 straight wins so far :)

Tried it with my AC Milan game, first season.

Not going to well..

View attachment 460824
If you have a bad result, team meeting. DOn't be passive. Likewise, get a good assistant
motivating stat quite high, and have him do your team talks.

If you are NOT the favourite amend the D-Line. Accept that Milan will not be the favourite every match.
Let me know how you get on dude.

Every time I rage quit FM14.2 someone posts a good looking tactic!!

Tried on Ajax save. 8 straight wins so far :)

Glad to hear it, keep me posted dude.
Your FM12 "exploits" tips helped me out, back in the day, when I was ready for binning it lol.

Chrissy, this formation is exactly the same as i tried to do sometime, but u're much better tactician than me, so ur tac working flawless and my never saw the daylight ;).

fantastic results with Bayer, good work m8!

Have good results across the board with this. Destroying teams with Berwick Rangers in Scotland in
League two. Including higher division opposition in the cups.

As for being a better tactician. Thats not true. Iv'e credited yourself with the D-Line instruction
in the opening post. In both the reuslts I have posted below, the D-Line was moved to "Much higher UP"
against "better" opposition. Its keey to the tactics success. Thats from YOU!

ckwYJK7.png

B6VXAyM.png

4 matches - 4 wins - score 10-1. Seems good..
One thing - of the 10 goals - only 1 is scored in the first 45 mins... Anybody with the same?

Have to say - only about 85% fluid.

4 matches - 4 wins - score 10-1. Seems good..
One thing - of the 10 goals - only 1 is scored in the first 45 mins... Anybody with the same?

Have to say - only about 85% fluid.

Dude that is early doors. I am pleased for you getting great results, but see how it is after its fully fluid.
I find the goals being scored is alot down to what Teamtalk you give. It could be your halftime
teamtalks are excellent but your initial ones are uninspiring.
That has been the case for myself in the past dude.

With constant frustration with my own tactics on 14.2, this tactic is doing fantastic for me.

Thanks!

Dude that is early doors. I am pleased for you getting great results, but see how it is after its fully fluid.
I find the goals being scored is alot down to what Teamtalk you give. It could be your halftime
teamtalks are excellent but your initial ones are uninspiring.
That has been the case for myself in the past dude.
Think you have a good point. They are often not "inspired" at the start, but at halftime - Hairdryer - they step it up.

Draw away against City. I am Happy :D

For lower league sides, where the defence's are mince. I am finding "Much higher defensive" D-line works well.
Home and Away.

Last edited:
Why against bigger teams why you push higher up on attacking? Surely they would just run in behind?

Why against bigger teams why you push higher up on attacking? Surely they would just run in behind?

Against bigger teams you need to restrict the space they operate in.
The whole concept of pressure doesn't work if they have time on the ball.
Against smaller teams you want to ecourage them to come out and open up more. therefore
you will be able to find more unprotected space when attakcing them.
In real life and in FM14 if you play a deep line againts a much better side they will just have you camped in your
box, restricted to counter attacking.

It all depends on the opponents and your players. If you're pushing up with a slow defence against quick forwards you will be in trouble. I understand the thought process but it's not always the case.

I like this alot ,very similiar to a formation i still play based on your earlier version. I would sa having one of yhe forward on Defend helps put pressure on any anchor men or DLPs as well. :)

It all depends on the opponents and your players. If you're pushing up with a slow defence against quick forwards you will be in trouble. I understand the thought process but it's not always the case.

Your forcing the team to hit it long. Its a forced pass they otherwise wouldn't make.
Unless your defence is out of position you'll basically win back possession.
Yes fast forwards will occasionally get the ball but thats reliant on the pass initially being
accurate, which it generally isn't.
Its fear that stops folks trying it. Give it a go. I wouldn't state it unless it worked. :)
Its not perfect but trust me, its much better than sitting deep and getting pumped

I like this alot ,very similiar to a formation i still play based on your earlier version. I would sa having one of yhe forward on Defend helps put pressure on any anchor men or DLPs as well. :)

I'll give that a try, cheers.