Underdogs have their day tactic by Raikan007 442 Modern Creator

Raikan, please excuse me but you title this as an underdog tactic yet you have a quality team.

For example you have Fernando Llorente who's value is 9,5mil, the team I play with, de Graafschap, in the Dutch competition (eredivisie) is one of the divisions underdogs who has a starting transfer budget of about 700K and after selling the "best" players that will come to about 4mil (euro's) (thats half Llorente's worth!) with an avarage salary of 8K (euro's).
****...even Ajax or PSV would welcome players like Llorente with open arms...and those are 2 of the top teams in the Netherlands.

No intention to attack or discredit you here, but their appears to be a major gap between what in the UK (premier division) is seen as underdog and other competitions.
With my basic soccer knowledge only the German, Italian, Spanish and Brazilian top leagues can be compared with the premier league and the quality players those attrack and contain.

I am sure that this tactic will work with players of the quality that you use here, but does it work for the (real) underdogs who do not have the finances and have to do with (way) lower quality players (meaning its a tactic that actually works for the players but depends on a managers/players skill as to touchline-, pre-match instructions, match preparation, training schedules and signing the right players)?

Raikan, please excuse me but you title this as an underdog tactic yet you have a quality team.

For example you have Fernando Llorente who's value is 9,5mil, the team I play with, de Graafschap, in the Dutch competition (eredivisie) is one of the divisions underdogs who has a starting transfer budget of about 700K and after selling the "best" players that will come to about 4mil (euro's) (thats half Llorente's worth!) with an avarage salary of 8K (euro's).
****...even Ajax or PSV would welcome players like Llorente with open arms...and those are 2 of the top teams in the Netherlands.

No intention to attack or discredit you here, but their appears to be a major gap between what in the UK (premier division) is seen as underdog and other competitions.
With my basic soccer knowledge only the German, Italian, Spanish and Brazilian top leagues can be compared with the premier league and the quality players those attrack and contain.

I am sure that this tactic will work with players of the quality that you use here, but does it work for the (real) underdogs who do not have the finances and have to do with (way) lower quality players (meaning its a tactic that actually works for the players but depends on a managers/players skill as to touchline-, pre-match instructions, match preparation, training schedules and signing the right players)?
he might have them players now but he dint start with them if you read his west ham story you will see he has tweeked this tac over a long time try it he would not say it would work unless he has tryed it with a under dog team trust me the guy knows what he is talking about

I know that Raikan knows what he's talking about, but that does not change the fact that their is a major quality gap between premier league level teams and other teams.

West Ham for example could be compared with Ajax, PSV and Feijenoord in the Netherlands and those are the top teams in the Netherlands...but...Raikan is playing with West Ham and sees them as underdogs (correct me if I am wrong Raikan).

West Ham for example has Kevin Nolan at the start of the game, worth (in my game) €3.3mil with a salary of €58K p/w...that is about what I have in total with de Graafschap, yet de Graafschap is competing directly with Ajax, PSv and Feijenoord in their division.

That is why I ask if his tactic works for players and is based on the manager skills rather than being yet an other tactic in wich the quality of the players determine the succes of the tactic and by so the succes of the manager.

thay are underdog in the pl just cos nolan is on 58k just means the owners are paying over the odds all tac come down to how good the manager is unless you use the ones that have the 3st just try it see how you get on

the reason why it is called underdog is because it was not made using Rea/Barca/Chelsea/United/Arsenal/Bayern etc.. I did not always have the players I have now mate :)

it is a counter attacking tactic used to exploit teams who are normally better than you who CONTROL the game..

the title may be a tad misleading.. but the intention remains, it is for lower premier division teams who are not meant to win most games.. get what I mean?

I know that Raikan knows what he's talking about, but that does not change the fact that their is a major quality gap between premier league level teams and other teams.

West Ham for example could be compared with Ajax, PSV and Feijenoord in the Netherlands and those are the top teams in the Netherlands...but...Raikan is playing with West Ham and sees them as underdogs (correct me if I am wrong Raikan).

West Ham for example has Kevin Nolan at the start of the game, worth (in my game) €3.3mil with a salary of €58K p/w...that is about what I have in total with de Graafschap, yet de Graafschap is competing directly with Ajax, PSv and Feijenoord in their division.

That is why I ask if his tactic works for players and is based on the manager skills rather than being yet an other tactic in wich the quality of the players determine the succes of the tactic and by so the succes of the manager.

West Ham were touted to finish 15th in the league at the start on the LFC update.. newly promoted into the Premier League which makes them UNDERDOGS.. its not my fault the owners want to spend that much on a ****** player like Nolan :) the prices are fluctuated in the main leagues as the reputation is that much higher.. the clubs rep are higher than the other bigger teams in the smaller divisions!

I finished 13th in the first season (which was shocking as none of my usual tactics and a lot of other ones worked) then I decided to make a NEW tactic from scratch that fits my players and my style for the 2nd season and I finished in 4th position with sort of the same type of players, except for a few like Llorente who was released and I was shocked when he decided to join me..

on the same note, if you look around the forums, you will see that mostly everyone who has Llorente struggles to get him to score or play well, I just got a PM today:

I am playing as liverpool and i cant get Llorente to perform and i'm tired of signing the same players every time so please could you suggest some cheapish players for me.

so getting him to perform as well as he did was an achievement as well as finishing in 4th position with a team that was meant to finish 14th in the 2nd season!

using not ONE exploit at all as well! so yeah, it is an underdog tactic compared to the City/United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Tottenham etc in the LEAGUE I AM PLAYING IN!

I hope you get my point, trust me, I do get yours :)

have you tried it?

hi mate thinking about trying this out, i was going to manage A.madrid, do u think it would work?

hi mate thinking about trying this out, i was going to manage A.madrid, do u think it would work?

I dont see why not, Falcao is perfect for this, Turan is a good winger as well! give it a go :) hopefully it works for you

I understand Raikan and I get the picture...Dutch football simply sucks compared to English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Brazilian.

I will take a look at this tactic of yours (I might learn a thing or 2 out of it) but I don't think I will use it as for some reason I do not like / are unable to play with attacking wingers.

Just for laughs and to show the difference of quality:

View attachment 273681Llorente in my game.
View attachment 273682Rydell Poepon, the best striker in my club (and is seen as 1 of the better Dutch strikers in the Dutch competition in the game) which I sell for €2,9mil...he knows where the goal is but is unable to score (even when its 1on1 with the goaly he need luck to score).
View attachment 273685Agustin Torassa (2nd nationality is Italian btw), the replacement striker €40k and €2200 pw to replace Poepon. He is the best functional and scoring striker that is willing to sign for my club and which I can afford. I can find other good strikers, but those will cost me millions in transfers or thousands (like Llorente) in salary.

From my understanding both West Ham and de Graafschap play at the same level (underdogs in their own division competing for European matches), yet the quality of players contains a major gap as you can see (I have to overhaul my whole team with a budget of maximum 4mil after selling all the club's "best" players).

That is why I asked if the tactic is based on the managers skill or not and why I do not see West Ham as underdog.

But I will take a look at this tactic, maybe I can use it as 2nd or 3rd tactic to put my oppenents off balance :p

just remember bud, ITS ALL RELATIVE! meaning the gap is pretty much the same between me and the top boys and you and the top boys, yes I may have better players, but you are playing against much worse players every game in comparison to the players I play against each week..!

if you were to play in the EPL with your team, you would be crushed.. if I were to play my team in the Eredivisie, I would most likely win it! but the gap is the same.. The EPL is actually even harder than any other league because of this!

Not sure what else you getting at though...

I'd just like to weigh in with my 2 cents worth. My experience using quite a few of Raikan's tactics are that you will always over achieve, no matter what level your team is at. It will not be ridiculous over achieving like you can get using some ME exploitive tactics. The point being, you will over achieve using this tactic with whichever team you manage :). I am sure of it even without trying the tactic so definitely give it a try.

I'd just like to weigh in with my 2 cents worth. My experience using quite a few of Raikan's tactics are that you will always over achieve, no matter what level your team is at. It will not be ridiculous over achieving like you can get using some ME exploitive tactics. The point being, you will over achieve using this tactic with whichever team you manage :). I am sure of it even without trying the tactic so definitely give it a try.

cheers Shiraz, that pretty much hit the nail on the head!

If you read the disclaimer I put in the OP, I said it might not win you every game, or drill teams 5:0 etc.. its a real football tactic, style I have developed and if you are the weaker team you might lose..

this is hopefully going to win you these games not by cheating but by playing a certain approach :)

cheers Shiraz, that pretty much hit the nail on the head!

If you read the disclaimer I put in the OP, I said it might not win you every game, or drill teams 5:0 etc.. its a real football tactic, style I have developed and if you are the weaker team you might lose..

this is hopefully going to win you these games not by cheating but by playing a certain approach :)
dont worry about it mate just think he wanted a good moan

hi do u think this tactic would be good for Everton looking to do save with them and i need a good tactic which will get them champions league football

hi do u think this tactic would be good for Everton looking to do save with them and i need a good tactic which will get them champions league football

I hope it might bud :) Jelavic and a retrained Fellaini would do great upfront!

i could sell Fellaini to bring in extra transfer funds for a striker who would u recommend

i could sell Fellaini to bring in extra transfer funds for a striker who would u recommend

I would keep him if possible, however, if you could get more than £20m then I would consider it..

Kleber - Porto
Sigporsson - Ajax
Yarmolenko - Kiev
Brown Ideye - Kiev