Unexpected managers later in the game

Gary Neville managed Liverpool on one of my saves. Was quite funny considering Rio took over Man Utd xD

Ferdinands a youth coach at sevilla on mine...

Working with Youngsters: 9
XD

not late in the game but just before the start of the 2nd season which is 2011-2012 Arsene Wenger is the new Real Madrid manager. mainly because I became the arsenal manager and murinho was sacked for bad performance.

On an old save , Brazilian Ronaldo took over from Luke Young at Bolton.

Gary Nevill managed Man City to the Premier League title in his 3rd season as manager, after a stint at Yeovil. He left after 2 years to take over the England job after Southgate left following a dissapointing European Championship. Gary Neville then won the World Cup in 2018!

Benni McCarthy as manager of Liverpool in first season on management

John Carew was liverpool manager for a while on mine.. dont know why, but he was sacked eventually! Ryan Giggs also got sacked, from weymouth though, wich was pretty strange... very strange!

People say FM is realistic eh?!

2017/18 owen as wolves manager
and 2013 carlo ancelotti as england manager

Giggs as Everton manager
Hodgeson as England manager

Just loaded up an old file of mine to have a dekko.

2025: Nigel Reo-Coker managing AC Milan, Patrick Vieira managing RSC Lens, Paul Scholes managing England, Gianfranco Zola managing Chelsea and Alessandro Nesta managing Aston Villa.

I remember on my FM10 Tottenham save, Ledley King was managing Norwich, I can't remember exactly how he did, but he did get them promoted into the prem and I seem to remember them doing well in a cup

John Terry is Manager of Liverpool in mine :S
btw he got awesome stats

Javier Aguirre Manager of England oO)

Last edited:
In 2015/16 season I have been recruited by Melbourne Victory (Australia), from Woking Town (League 1), and find myself up against Ryan Giggs who is manager of the Newcastle Jets.

gerrard won the 2022 world cup with england. iniesta had a spell with stoke. indranik (sp?) took birmingham to a top 4 finish. ben mee is currently in charge of portsmouth, and there 2nd in the league.

Drogba won the U20 World Cup with Ghana, is now the main team's manager...

Ruud Van Nistelrooy-at psv in 2013, gary neville at fulham in the same year

Chris Hughton at Sunderland :'(, Crouch at Crystal Palace, Zigic at Preston, Pavlyuchenko at Watford, both Rio and Anton at League One clubs, Jimmy Bullard at Alfreton, Tony Mowbray at Juventus in 2018