Reaction score
This tactic is better ------>>> http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/173268-epic.html

*UNREAL*

Tactic has preset OI(Opposition Instructions) built into it so make sure you don't ask your Assistant Manager to set OI for you.

Download filters for all positions - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ee8fljn0ndhehuw/TFF_UNREAL_Filters_V11.pft

Few tips how to use filters(Under spoiler).
At first make sure you have good scouting knowledge for major football nations.

I would recommend you have full scouting knowledge for these nations: Spain, Portugal, England, Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Brazil.

In case you find it hard to find players through filters here's what you can do there's an option "easy match conditions" in filters menu and you can "easy" match conditions by 1 condition in most cases it will double pool of player you can chose from but always pay attention what parameter is missing and for how much. I would recommend have it no more than 1-2 points away.

This way you can also find young talents for your team.

*BASE TACTIC*

You start matches with this tactic.

IMPORTANT 1: By default in this tactic AMC has manual marking. He marks opposition player who play on MCR position and it works efficient ONLY against these formations(UNDER SPOILER). BUT IF YOU MEET ANY OTHER FORMATIONS THEN GO TO TACTIC MENY AND REMOVE MANUAL MARKING FROM AMC!

AM_2_MC_1sss.png
IMPORTANT 2: if during the match opposition player who play on MCR position has been substituted then you need to go to tactic menu and push "Confirm" button in order to keep manaul marking work. I'm sure that it's just annoying glitch but there's nothing can be done about.

Download the BASE tactic - TFF_UNREAL(_COUNTER_)_V10

counter_V8.jpg

*OVERLOAD VERSION*

Use this version after 1st half if you are losing or draw against teams you are supposed easily BUT you should always understand what you are doing! By switching for this tactic you get extra pressure and attacking power IN EXACHNGE of defense! Your decision about use it or not is extremely important! You should always measure strength of your team and strength of your opponents and the more right decisions you make the better your final results will be!

More detailed guide when use it or not and some tips you can find below.

IMPORTANT 1: By default in this tactic AMC has manual marking. He marks opposition player who play on MCR position and it works efficient ONLY against these formations(UNDER SPOILER). BUT IF YOU MEET ANY OTHER FORMATIONS THEN GO TO TACTIC MENU AND REMOVE MANUAL MARKING FROM AMC!

AM_2_MC_1sss.png
IMPORTANT 2: if during the match opposition player who play on MCR position has been substituted then you need to go to tactic menu and push "Confirm" button in order to keep manaul marking work. I'm sure that it's just annoying glitch but there's nothing can be done about.

Download OVERLOAD version - TFF_UNREAL(_OVERLOAD_)_V12

Overload_V10.jpg

*WASTE TIME VERSION*

Use this version in order to protect your lead and kill the game.

Of course it doesn't mean that you should use it immediately after you get 1 goal lead. If you start using it too early it could backfire you. I would recommend start thinking about using it after 65-75 min of the match or when you have 2 goals lead.

Download Waste Time version - TFF_UNREAL_(_Waste_Time_)_V8

Waste_Time_V3.jpg

VERY IMPORTANT 1:

First of all, if you're going to try this tactic then you need get Wing Backs who suite the tactic because without them you results will be nowhere as good as it can be.

Also it isn't enough to have only 1 player for WBL position and only 1 player for WBR, you must have at least 2 players for WBL position and 2 players for WBR position and additional player who can play WBL/WBR position in case of unlucky injures streak and "second" choice players for WBL/WBR position are no less important than main players because players on WBL/WBR contribute a lot to attack and defense and get tired heavily during the match so be ready to use subs for them when they condition down below 78%.

Also it's important that players on WBL/WBR positions have at least "Competent" for ML/MR position because they need play on ML/MR in Overload version and you will be using Overload version very often.

VERY IMPORTANT 2:

Be ready to use Overload and Waste Time versions! Using of these tactics will greatly buff your result! I use them almost every game! By using all 3 tactics it's possible to achieve crazy level of consistency!

Here's example how I use it. Let's say I'm strong favorite and play against weak team. I start the match with the base tactic and if I draw after 1st half then I change for Overload and usually after 15-25 min I score goal and change back to base version or waste time version.

BUT it doesn't mean that you always should switch for Overload version after 1st half when you draw. Your decision to use it or not depends from your strength and strength of your opponent.

For example, if you manage team like Man Utd you should switch for Overload version if you draw after 1st half against teams from bottom half of the table BUT such teams like Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham always should be respected and you should use Overload version against them only in cases when you are losing or draw is equal to lose for you.

Other example, if you manage teams like Hull or Crystal Palace you should almost never use Overload version if you draw after 1st half and only use it when you are losing.

As you can see the stronger team you manage the more often you can use Overload version when draw after 1st half.

VERY IMPORTANT 3:

As you can see for Overload version you need players who can play ML/MR positions but it shouldn't be problem for you because for WRL/WBR positions you need such type of players who almost always have "Competent" or "Accomplished" rating for ML/MR positions. Also you always can train your wing backs to play ML/MR if their rating isn't enough.

Here you can check players I use for WBL/WBR positions in my current save at West Ham(Under Spoiler).

WBL/ML – positions.
Sandro.jpg

Ghoulam.jpg

WBR/MR – positions
Mayke.jpg

Corchia.jpg

Currently I'm developing weak foot of Mattia De Sciglio and he will be either footed(Strong/Very Strong) and also I'll train him ML position so he can cover 4 positions: WBL/WBR/ML/MR! It will be just awesome :)

De_Sciglio.jpg

VERY IMPORTANT 4:

Guys, pay attention to recommendations about main foot of players and to recommendations about their attributes especially to minimal recommended level for Technique, it's very important because these numbers haven't been taken out thin air, they have been received during the testing.

For example, during the testing I found that if players who play on DCL/DCR positions have Technique less than minimal recommended level then most of the time they are not able to starts and support attacks and simply clears the ball to nowhere, it means that you lose sufficient numbers of attack you could have.

One more example, the strikers in this tactic during the match usually have a lot of opportunities to make one on one pass to their teammates and if they have Technique less than recommended then most of these opportunities are simple wasted because they don't have enough Technique to make such passes.

Almost all important attributes have been tested like this I slightly tweaked them and then watched how it affect players performance so I strongly suggest you not ignore it.

Does this tactic work if you don't have right players for it? Sure it works but your results will be worse than it could be if you had right players for it.

Does this tactic work in low league with players who simple can't have such level for Technical and Mental attributes? In this case there's nothing critical if they don't have it because your opponents also have similar level of attributes. You just need try to have attributes as much as possible to recommended levels.

RECOMMENDED TEAM SETUP:

- 2 players(1 main and 1 for rotation/backup) who can play WBL position and they must have at least "Competent" rating for ML position If they don't have it you always can train them ML position. They must be left footed.

- 2 players(1 main and 1 for rotation/backup) who can play WBR position and they must have at least "Competent" rating for MR position If they don't have it you always can train them MR position. They must be right footed.

- 1 player who can play WBR/WBL positions. He may have only "Competent" rating for these positions and you need him in case of unlucky injuries streak of main/rotation players for these positions. Also it's important that this player has at least "Reasonable" rating for his weak foot because he must be capable to play on right and left flank when needed.

- 3 players who can play Striker position: 2 main and 1 for rotation. Also it's possible to have additional player for this position, you need him in case of unlucky injuries streak of main/rotation players.

- 5 players who can play on Central Defender position: 3 main players and 2 for rotation. Few of them must be left footed in order to play DCL position and few must be right footed to play DCR position. Also it’s possible to have additional player for this position, you need him in case of unlucky injuries streak of main/rotation players.

- 2 players who can play AM position and one of them must have "Competent" rating for MC position.

- 2 players who can play MC position and one of them must have "Competent" rating for AM position and other must have "Competent" rating for DM position.

- 2 players who can play DM position and have "Competent" for MC position.

- 1 player who has at least "Competent" rating for AM/CM/DM positions. You need him in case of unlucky injuries streak of main/rotation players for these positions.

BRIEF DESCRITION OF POSITIONS:

WBL/WBR positions are the most important in this tactic because players who play on these positions must be competent in defense as full backs and contribute to the attack as wingers, it means they must have good level speed, technique, dribbling, crossing and the same time good level of defensive attributes such work rate, positioning, marking, tackling and anticipation. Here're few examples of ideal players for these positions: Fabio Coentrao, Dani Alves, David Alaba, Cesar Azpilicueta, Alex Sandro, Marcelo, Rafael.

DCL/DCR positions are also important positions in this tactic because players who play on these positions must be mix of Central Defender and Full Back, It means that they must have not only good attributes for Central Defender but also reasonable level of technique, passing, decisions and composure. Good examples are Thiago Silva, Sergio Ramos, Jan Vertonghen, Raphael Varane.

STCL/STCL - Players who play on these positions must be capable not only score goals but also creates them, it means that must have good level of technique, passing, decisions, creativity, dribbling. Good examples are Diego Costa, Robert Lewandowski, Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Luis Suarez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Edison Cavani, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Falcao.

IMPORTANT(PLEASE READ)

- WBL must be left footed. WBR must be right footed.

- Both Wing Backs get tired during matches because they contribute a lot to attack and defense so I would recommend to use subs for them.

- DCR must be right footed. DCL must be left footed

- If someone of your players has "Shoots From Distance" PPM then add "Shoot Less Often" PI to him.

- As you can see there're 3 tactics and it t requires to play about 11-12 friendly matches to get Tactics Familiarity at least 60%-80% fluid before the beginning of the first season but in the second season Tactics Familiarity will get fully fluid much faster because your team will be already familiar with tactics. It's important to have Tactics Familiarity fully fluid before the season starts because it gives you buff the same way as match preparation does. Ehh... It's very boring to play all these matches and I usually choose very weak opponents in order to guaranty big win and go "On Holiday" for 1 day before every match. It's very important to win friendly matches because you need "Superb" Morale for the first match of the season.

- There're many positions in this tactic have "Tackle Harder" PI actived so in order to avoid sending off you should pay attention to players who being booked during the match. You have two options to avoid sending off: 1) Remove "Tackle Harder" PI from that player. 2) Substitute him.

Few examples how I handle yellow cards in order to avoid sending off(UNDER SPOILER).

Removing "Tackle Harder" PI and even adding "Ease Off Tackles" PI doesn't give guaranty that player won't get second yellow or red card, it only reduces chances that happens. If you really want to avoid sending off you should substitute this player.

Here're few example how I handle this:

1) Let's say it is 60 min of the match and I lead by 2 goals and few of my players have been booked. Usually in cases like this I do nothing because 2 goals lead is solid advantage and even if I had player send off then I simple switch to Waste Time version and remove 1 striker and in 99% cases I win that match.

2) Other example, let's say I have tough game against strong opponent and it's only 25 min of the 1st half and my WBL has been booked. In cases like this I almost always immediately(or I can wait till end of the 1st half) substitute him because there's huge probability he'll get second yellow but if striker has been booked then I do nothing because probability of getting second yellow for striker is very low.

*PRE-SEASON TRANING*
train44_P.jpg

*DURING THE SEASON TRANING*

If you expect next match will be easy then use "Attacking Movement" for Match Training.
train44_A.jpg

If you expect next match will be tough then use "Defensive Positions" for Match Training.
train44.jpg

Also I have Individual Training Focus for all players!

Download filters for all positions - http://www.mediafire.com/download/g8gd89f2o2wy7s8/TFF_UNREAL_Filters_V10.pft

Few tips how to use filters(Under spoiler).
At first make sure you have good scouting knowledge for major football nations.

I would recommend you have full scouting knowledge for these nations: Spain, Portugal, England, Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Brazil.

In case you find it hard to find players through filters here's what you can do there's an option "easy match conditions" in filters menu and you can "easy" match conditions by 1 condition in most cases it will double pool of player you can chose from but always pay attention what parameter is missing and for how much. I would recommend have it no more than 1-2 points away.

This way you can also find young talents for your team.

Every attribute has range: minimal level(RED) and optimal level(GREEN). Players with "minimal" levels can be available for mid clubs such as Southampton, Granada, Hannover, Parma, FC Lorient and players with "optimal" levels can be available for top clubs such as Man Utd, Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus, FC Bayern so if you build top club then eventually you want that all your players have "optimal" levels for attributes.

STCL/STCR

Good PPMs: "Comes Deep To Get Ball", "Plays One-Twos", "Tries Killer Balls Often", "Moves Into Channels".

Bad PPMs: "Gets Forward Whenever Possible", "Likes To Try To Beat Offside Trap".

- Finishing 14 -- 16
- Off The Ball 14 -- 16
- Anticipating 14 -- 16
- Technique 13 -- 16
- Passing 13 -- 15
- Flair 11 -- 13
- First Touch 13 -- 15
- Dribbling 12 -- 14
- Decisions 13 -- 16
- Creativity 12 -- 15
- Acceleration 12 -- 14
- Pace 12 -- 14
- Agility 13 -- 15
- Strength 11 -- 14
- Heading 12 -- 14

AMC

Good PPMs: "Plays One-Twos", "Tries Killer Balls Often", "Moves Into Channels"

- Technique 14 -- 16
- Passing 14 -- 16
- Decisions 14 -- 16
- Teamwork 14 -- 16
- Work Rate 13 -- 15
- Passing 14 -- 16
- Creativity 14 -- 16
- Flair 13 -- 15
- Anticipating 13 -- 15
- Off The Ball 14 -- 16
- First Touch 14 -- 16
- Dribbling 13 -- 15
- Agility 14 -- 16
- Acceleration 13 -- 15
- Pace 12 -- 14

MC

Good PPMs: "Plays One-Twos"

- Work Rate 14 -- 16
- Teamwork 14 -- 16
- Technique 14 -- 16
- Passing 14 -- 16
- Creativity 13 -- 15
- Anticipating 13 -- 15
- Positioning 12 -- 14
- Marking 10 -- 12
- Tackling 10 -- 12
- Off The Ball 13 -- 15
- First Touch 14 -- 15
- Dribbling 11 -- 13
- Decisions 13 -- 15
- Flair 10 -- 13
- Agility 11 -- 13
- Acceleration 11 -- 13
- Pace 11 -- 13
- Strength 10 -- 13
- Jumping Reach 8 -- 11

DM

- Work Rate 14 -- 16
- Teamwork 14 -- 16
- Positioning 14 -- 16
- Tackling 13 -- 15
- Marking 13 -- 15
- Strength 11 -- 14
- Jumping Reach 10 -- 13
- Anticipation 14 -- 16
- Passing 13 -- 15
- First Touch 13 -- 15
- Technique 13 -- 15
- Decision 13 -- 15
- Creativity 12 -- 14
- Composure 11 -- 13
- Determination 13 -- 15
- Bravery 11 -- 13
- Aggression 11 -- 13

WBL/WBR

WBL must be left footed, WBR must be right footed

Good PPMs: "Gets Forward Whenever Possible"

- Work Rate 14 -- 16
- Crossing 13 -- 15
- Dribbling 13 -- 15
- Technique 13 -- 15
- Aceleration 14 -- 16
- Pace 13 -- 15
- Agility 13 -- 15
- Positioning 12 -- 14
- Tackling 12 -- 14
- Marking 11 -- 13
- Anticipating 12 -- 14
- Off The Ball 11 -- 13
- Composure 11 -- 13
- Passing 12 -- 14
- Teamwork 12 -- 14
- Stamina 12 -- 15
- Strength 9 -- 11
- Jumping Reach 8 -- 10

DC

- Positioning 13 -- 16
- Marking 13 -- 16
- Anticipation 13 -- 16
- Tackling 13-- 16
- Strength 13 -- 16
- Jumping Reach 13 -- 15
- Work Rate 13-- 16
- Aceleration 11-- 13
- Pace 11-- 13
- Concentration 11-- 14
- Technique 10-- 12
- Composure 11-- 13
- Decision 10 -- 12
- Teamwork 11 -- 13
- Determination 13 -- 15
- Bravery 11 -- 13

DCL/DCR

DCR must be right footed and DCL must be left footed!

- Positioning 13 -- 16
- Marking 13 -- 16
- Anticipation 13 -- 16
- Tackling 13-- 16
- Strength 13 -- 16
- Jumping Reach 12 -- 14
- Work Rate 13-- 16
- Aceleration 12-- 14
- Pace 12-- 13
- Concentration 11-- 14
- Technique 11-- 13
- Composure 11-- 13
- Decision 11 -- 12
- Passing 11 -- 12
- Teamwork 11 -- 13
- Creativity 9-- 11
- Determination 13 -- 15
- Bravery 11 -- 13

Struggling to get good results and need help? Please provide this information:

1) Your results after full season.
2) CA of your players and your starting eleven.
3) Information about how many friendlys did you play before the season.
4) Your match preparation.

Last edited:
ok looking good , will test with mu

Problem with Man Utd (and a lot of top teams in game) is that they've got attacking midfielder players you want to fit into your team. With Man Utd it's Mata and Januzaj (unless you retrain them to ST and play them in the trequartista role?).

januzaj could play as AP in middle of park and mata will already be competent up top anyway I would think

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

januzaj could play as AP in middle of park and mata will already be competent up top anyway I would think

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Might just be me but I'd never play a player with 3 tackling in CM.

Might just be me but I'd never play a player with 3 tackling in CM.
Ehh... that's right... it requires for MCL/MCR to have at least Talking, Positioning, Marking 11+.

This tactic mostly for enthusiast who don't afraid rebuild squad but in final your effort will be rewarded... you can see the result. ;)

Last edited:
No offence, but you really should try with stronger team, that play in europe...winning league is one thing, but CL is another level.

I’ve got to hand it to you. Now you have really got it. Until this one I have tested and retested your tactics, and was never fully convinced, as I just felt they weren’t consistent enough.
But this one my friend: TOUCHE. I have tested it a lot and must say: good football, dominating and winning most matches in different scenarios. Well done!

Last edited:
No offence, but you really should try with stronger team, that play in europe...winning league is one thing, but CL is another level.

Winning the English league is no piece of cake, mate. The top 6 teams are a massive hurdle and to finish 1st with a team like Southampton, who are a good team but not a top unit, is really something. Credit where its due.

You know this year's version rewards patient building of team and squad chemistry. No way a first year performance with a tactic in champions league will show the effectiveness of that tactic. A good performance in the domestic league is a far more true depiction of a season-long performance consistency.

Conte's formation and created by TFF9... WOW !.

Heh... do you agree that 1st season Southampton nowhere near has strength to seriously hope of winning CL? ;)

Here's match stats from test vs teams which can easily win CL. Now image what was if I had players who have CA similar as top clubs. ;)

Man Utd(Home)
Man_Utd.jpg

Man Utd(Away)
Man_Utd_Away.jpg

Man City(Home)
Man_City.jpg

Man City(Away)
Man_City_Away.jpg

Chelsea(Home)
Chelsea.jpg

Chelsea(Away)
Chelsea_Away.jpg

Arsenal(Home)
Arsenal.jpg

Arsenal(Away)
Arsenal_Away.jpg

Last edited:
CL is different competition...much harder. No matter, if you won in league against top teams, europe is different level.

I see many matches on same date...this means, that you play on different saves. Results are random from my experience.

CL is different competition...much harder. No matter, if you won in league against top teams, europe is different level.

I see many matches on same date...this means, that you play on different saves. Results are random from my experience.

No it means he took all the screenshots at the end of the season at the same time.

they're on the same date coz he's on the 11th may and looking back on stats of his previous fixtures :p

awesome results by the way :)

Sure, mate... I'm totally agree with you and don't even try to argue. It's 100 times harder win CL than domestic league.

Everyone who more or less common with FM14 know how much luck you need to win CL because your destiny during play offs in hands of few matches and strength of oppositions player is so big that tactics become less important in this case because individual skill of players can deicide destiny of the match.

You bastadzzz! :p How you dare doubt my fairness! (H) *sneaky looking around then went into paint to fake few more screenshots*

Last edited:
Oh yeah about tactic...agree that is juve formation, but from tactical view isnt. They play with regista and box to box. This midfield is similar to real madrid. It seems perfect mix between strong italian defence and spanish attack :)

Starting new save with it.

But this one my friend: TOUCHE. I have tested it a lot and must say: good football, dominating and winning most matches in different scenarios. Well done!

Thanks mate. Heh... I've got same impression because never before such easily won EPL with Southampton in 1st season. XD

I will sound such a spoiled brat by saying this...

Are there any filters available for these positions :D ?

You're an inspiration to us mate. I personally don't download tactics since half the fun for me is tearing my hair out until I figure out a system that works but seeing tactics like these regularly reminds me that the game is not rigged, nor is the ME conspiring against the player.

Good work my friend.