UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

i bet they are all playing with big teams though.dont know how people think the match engine is better than fm 12,most games i play you get about 2 highlights in the 2nd half even when you have had 20 shots on target and thats extended highlights,i usually only watch key highlights on fm 12.also players run away from the ball or run past it.i am sorry but this game is very poor compared to previous versions,in my opinion unplayable.

i bet they are all playing with big teams though.dont know how people think the match engine is better than fm 12,most games i play you get about 2 highlights in the 2nd half even when you have had 20 shots on target and thats extended highlights,i usually only watch key highlights on fm 12.also players run away from the ball or run past it.i am sorry but this game is very poor compared to previous versions,in my opinion unplayable.

Not neccessarily. Some people are starting lower league and working upwards-and by the looks of it from what I've been reading there's more people this time round doing it that way, compared to FM 12. I myself am manager of Weston Super Mare and am trying to get them into the league proper. Personally I don't about the highlight thing though-I always watch a full match. Best way to see how things are working for your team imo.

View attachment 297781

this is what i'm playing right now, fc united hardly a big team punching way above their weight. look at the stories on this site fair few lower rep teams having success. as for having two highlights outta 20 shots obviously your attacks ain't working very well and that is a tactical issue. this match engine is FAR superior no exploits for a start the game flows better the ball physics are better hardly unplayable.

It depends on what one mean with "better". For me, it means jhow much I enjoy the gameflow and the whole gaming experience. For some, it means how much it resembles real life football.

FM12 did not look like real life football at all as players could just run through players and FM13 does not look like real football either because it lacks movement around the ball holder ( hence all the longshots) Personally, I enjoyed FM12 and am enjoying Fm13 to but when trying to play FM12 again, It simply looks aweful

The biggest difference though is that in FM12, the code hindered SI from fixing it whilst in FM13 - using a new ME - its possible to change things so it will get better.

Extended in FM13 is the same as key in FM12

FM13 is 50% off on steam....I haven't played FM12 much lately but I have a great save going. Have they ironed out all the conceding issues (paralyzed goalkeepers, super crosses)?

FM13 is 50% off on steam....I haven't played FM12 much lately but I have a great save going. Have they ironed out all the conceding issues (paralyzed goalkeepers, super crosses)?

Not all no, there is still a problem with movementg around the ballholder ( both defending and attacking team) but its still worth the money

Played FM12 last week, FM13 is miles ahead of it, and thats with all its faults. People liked FM12 because generally it was easier for the user to set up a style that benefitted from the flaws in the engine than it was for the AI. No one questioned their striker scoring 80 goals a season... because it was in their favour. As for control, you definitely have control in this game, barring flaws ive got my side playing exactly how i want.

Agree to about fm12 being easy but fm13 is IMO, too far the other way, it's still a game remember and most of the enjoyment comes from being successful not rattling around mid-table thinking 'hmm this is just like real life.'

I still find it quite incredible that SI think they can release a game with so many bugs/flaws. We're not talking about a couple of brothers in a bedroom anymore, this is a rich company with an expansive team of employees. You don't buy games on the xbox/ps3 containing problems that limit your ability to play the game; imagine spending £40 on CoD to find some of the guns don't fire bullets... No excuse for FM to hold lower standards.

Agree to about fm12 being easy but fm13 is IMO, too far the other way, it's still a game remember and most of the enjoyment comes from being successful not rattling around mid-table thinking 'hmm this is just like real life.'

I still find it quite incredible that SI think they can release a game with so many bugs/flaws. We're not talking about a couple of brothers in a bedroom anymore, this is a rich company with an expansive team of employees. You don't buy games on the xbox/ps3 containing problems that limit your ability to play the game; imagine spending £40 on CoD to find some of the guns don't fire bullets... No excuse for FM to hold lower standards.

Yeah but with CoD you're paying £40 that's nothing more than an expansion. But that's by the by

It's more difficult this time round, because a lot of the players wanted more realism. like Mike. said, having players going through each other isn't exactly realistic. And it was without doubt flawed and far too exploitable. So this time round, they did their best to get rid of the flaws and make it more realistic, and tried hard to give those said players what they wanted. And yes when it first came out-it was terribly bugged-especially with the crossing situation. Personally for myself yes it's harder, but it's no easier in real life which is how it should be. No it's not perfect, but (to use the old argument again) what game is? When people demand a more realistic game, something has to be sacrificed. It's not the enjoyment, it's what made it too easy in the first place and that's the exploits that were commonly known. No it's by no means the perfect management game but it is defintately on the right path, and it far exceeds what FM 12 should have and could have been. If what is in FM 13 right now was in FM 12, FM 12 would have been a great game. Meaning FM 13 would have been truly exceptional.

And to be honest, people have bought Xbox 360 games that had game breaking bugs. Off the top of my head, I honestly can't remember which ones they were, but they are/were definately there, and had to have a few patches to make it right.

Last edited:
Enjoying FM13 myself. Apart from crosses which go to back post, ALWAYS go in. Needs toning down big time in the form of fullbacks actually tackling and keepers reacting more.

The basic problem of this ME is that the players don't react like footballers.
I mean in real life, if a player sees that the ball is between him and the opponent, so it's a 50-50 chance to win possesion, he will run for that ball.That's a basic instict all thinking human beings have, not only footballers.

In the game it seems that the player's top priority is to run back and take his exact position in the formation, EVEN WHEN A LOOSE BALL IS CLOSER TO HIM THAN TO HIS OPPONENT.

Winning possesion is everything in football and this ME fails in this.
All the other issues (longshots, attacker's lack of movement without the ball, wingers crazy dribbling...etc) i think can be easily tweaked from SI to a desirable effect.
I'm not sure about this core issue though...

The basic problem of this ME is that the players don't react like footballers.
I mean in real life, if a player sees that the ball is between him and the opponent, so it's a 50-50 chance to win possesion, he will run for that ball.That's a basic instict all thinking human beings have, not only footballers.

In the game it seems that the player's top priority is to run back and take his exact position in the formation, EVEN WHEN A LOOSE BALL IS CLOSER TO HIM THAN TO HIS OPPONENT.

Winning possesion is everything in football and this ME fails in this.
All the other issues (longshots, attacker's lack of movement without the ball, wingers crazy dribbling...etc) i think can be easily tweaked from SI to a desirable effect.
I'm not sure about this core issue though...

This. The core issue is not really esy to know as a use as most problems are knockon effect of a solution of a different problem

I'm just guessing it's a core issue because it's always there, from the first release of fm13 until this latest update.

All the others (through balls, longshots...etc) come and go according to which update is on.

Despite all the above, i agree with those who say that fm12 ME looks silly compared to this one.

I'm just guessing it's a core issue because it's always there, from the first release of fm13 until this latest update.

All the others (through balls, longshots...etc) come and go according to which update is on.

Despite all the above, i agree with those who say that fm12 ME looks silly compared to this one.

I meant its hard to know "what" the reason is, the core of the issue

Do you think the 13.2.2 latest patch will have changed much? Just got another tactic working and with all the recent patches I've had to start again :(

Last edited:
Ah good happy with that, as I didn't want any ME changes just at the moment!