UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 366
  • Views Views 75K
It's a bug in what you can see, rather than the quality. Basically your assistant manager etc can see their quality, but you cant until they sign a contract. I leave that stuff to my staff anyway, and they will automatically offer contracts to anyone who is good enough.
Can you explain this in further detail? I had given up on a couple of saves because of the youth recruitment, so it would be fantastic if it turns out I can go back to them.

Can you explain this in further detail? I had given up on a couple of saves because of the youth recruitment, so it would be fantastic if it turns out I can go back to them.

Basically for some reason you cant see that say a 4 star player has 4 stars, you will incorrectly see all your players as .5 stars, unless you offer them a youth contract, However your AI staff can correct see them. I assume the bug is in the UI.

I think the new patch is brilliant except for the fact that I haven't scored a single penalty out of about 10.

Literally only one issue I'm having, and so far all it's done is benefit me, and that's crosses, mainly from my Wing Backs, lopping over the AI goalkeeper and either scoring a goal or hitting the bar. It happens usually a couple of times every 5 matches or so. It happens sometimes at the other end too with AI players crossing, but they've done nothing but hit the bar on their attempts. Seems way to regular an occurrence, but other than that I'm very happy with the fixes they've made to the ME.

Im really confused cus its the same on the update too.... when watching a match i watch it 3D full screen then when an attack is over it just stays and a match performance icon comes up as i wait for the next attack,

so is there another way to go to another page e.g. overview page and get it to automatically switch back when theres a chance because you used to be able to on the old fm's but apparently not on this one???

The modern day fan thrives off the need for something that's not broken too be fixed, you like too feel your part of the game development when your not! SI are just bowing too the masses e.g 3d game play, what was wrong with the traditional commentary or even the 2d version(which has been very poor since 2010)?

The modern day fan moans it's too easy!(probably enjoying FMRTE?) I like a challenge but i don't like a game that's stupidly UN-enjoyable! Ghouls N Goblins anyone?

SI have made some **** ups in there past games but this years takes the ****, official podcast claiming this years ME has been in development for 2 years? It's like ******* down my back and telling me it's raining! Would you pay money for a builder to come into your house and do half the work then say sorry mate report any bugs too us then we will do a couple of hot fixes then release a few patches to make what you payed for to meet the standard?

Anyone supporting this tripe game be ashamed of yourselves because next years will just be as bad for £30 a pop.
i agree 100% with you,this for me has been the most dissapointing fm of them all,yes previous versions have had bugs which got fixed to make the game enjoyable.with fm 13 the match engine is shocking,the players look like there on an ice rink and dont do anything that you have just spent 2hrs of your life setting up tactics for.the worst thing about this game is you dont feel that anything you do you can have a say in the result.why didnt they just keep fm 12 match engine and just improve it with new moves

Correct me if I'm wrong but....oh sod it. There IS a 2d match available in match. Look for it in the dropdown. There is also commentary only. Again, have to search for it.

And do I ain't ashamed and never will be. Always said it's not perfect because no game ever is. But in no way is it as bad as when it first came out.

Correct me if I'm wrong but....oh sod it. There IS a 2d match available in match. Look for it in the dropdown. There is also commentary only. Again, have to search for it.

And do I ain't ashamed and never will be. Always said it's not perfect because no game ever is. But in no way is it as bad as when it first came out.

Ill correct you because you are wrong why should people have to play the game in 2D or commentery for the game to work properly when they have paid good money for the game !

Ill correct you because you are wrong why should people have to play the game in 2D or commentery for the game to work properly when they have paid good money for the game !

Actually I was pointing out the fact that 2D and commentary modes are still available due to not everyone wanting to use 3D.

Besides, I've come across very few comments saying this version is easy (not your comment btw)-if any. FM 12 was a lot easier as I discovered when I compared the two when it was mentioned.

Actually I was pointing out the fact that 2D and commentary modes are still available due to not everyone wanting to use 3D.

Besides, I've come across very few comments saying this version is easy (not your comment btw)-if any. FM 12 was a lot easier as I discovered when I compared the two when it was mentioned.

Exactly, not everyone plays in 3d. I could but it doesn't interest me, I am an old school fan of commentry only. :)

fm 12 match engine and game are far superior.you have no control over this game whatsoever.si have a big job to win back the fans,must say i am shocked at how bad this game is.hopefully si can bring the game we all love back to where it should be.

Not necessarily. FM 12 was far easier to exploit during a match. IE Play 3 men up front and you'll always get one that's not marked due to the AI rarely using more than 3 CBs. Corner exploit. It ended up with many people concentrating on finding an exploit, rather than a successful tactic

Not necessarily. FM 12 was far easier to exploit during a match. IE Play 3 men up front and you'll always get one that's not marked due to the AI rarely using more than 3 CBs. Corner exploit. It ended up with many people concentrating on finding an exploit, rather than a successful tactic

Played FM12 last week, FM13 is miles ahead of it, and thats with all its faults. People liked FM12 because generally it was easier for the user to set up a style that benefitted from the flaws in the engine than it was for the AI. No one questioned their striker scoring 80 goals a season... because it was in their favour. As for control, you definitely have control in this game, barring flaws ive got my side playing exactly how i want.

Played FM12 last week, FM13 is miles ahead of it, and thats with all its faults. People liked FM12 because generally it was easier for the user to set up a style that benefitted from the flaws in the engine than it was for the AI. No one questioned their striker scoring 80 goals a season... because it was in their favour. As for control, you definitely have control in this game, barring flaws ive got my side playing exactly how i want.

Although I struggled badly and well....got the chop, you are right with regards to the control aspect.

I think one of the main reasons why I had a major shock to the system when I started with FM 13, was just how easy FM 12 is even with the patches applied. It was too easy to turn to an exploit to achieve things, and with risk of repeating myself, if things went badly rather than look at what went wrong there were a ton of exploits to use. Granted some were discovered by accident, but it just showed how easy it was to come across one. I just cannot disagree more when people say the FM 12 ME is superior it's just non-sensical. It's just easier to circumnavigate.

Maybe that is where the issue is. Fm 2012 was too easy, the ridiculous amount of goals scored by a striker in one season was unrealistic amongst other things. Because of this, a selection of people are finding fm 2013 too hard. I would rather a game that challenges my skills rather than not at all.

Agree. I fired up FM12 a couple of days ago because I missed ny Longterm save with Leicester but was only able to play a couple of matches since the flow of the game just loked aweful

Agree. I fired up FM12 a couple of days ago because I missed ny Longterm save with Leicester but was only able to play a couple of matches since the flow of the game just loked aweful

Aye it's just....well, I can barely play 1 match let alone 2 to be honest. It's now at the point where I've uninstalled it permanently now. Shame really had some really good stories going from that one. And at least I never got sacked after less than 6 months in any of them :'(

fm 12 match engine and game are far superior.you have no control over this game whatsoever.si have a big job to win back the fans,must say i am shocked at how bad this game is.hopefully si can bring the game we all love back to where it should be.

this mad me LOL, the game is fine not perfect by any means but it is a quality game far superior to fm 12
in ever single way especially the match engine.to say you don't have any control is laughable. Alot of people are having success you only need to look around the site to find this.

Back