UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

These new match updates are nice. Very nice.

yeah I'm getting 50 e-mails a day about predictions for every match in every league...anyone figured out how to fix this yet?

i'm sure some one has already told you - just unsubscribe.

Dont have youtube account mate.

But went back thru my last game an tried to capture it...

View attachment 292566

OK..it doesnt look as bad as i remember it, but still 4 players to close him down!
Knox is my RB..the 4 players closing down are my 2 CB's, anchor an LB.
I could understand the LCB going to help out, an maybe the anchor...but both CB's. This did happen a few times, but believe it or not this is the only time i conceded! They got lucky :)

You are not the only one mate. I am having same problem. Mine is slightly better but still its a bug. My CB decides to go out of position on the Wings to help out my Full back even when I can clearly see that my FB has got it covered. He is one on one with the opposition attacker, My CB does not care. He just goes out of position anyway and sometimes when the opposition attacker manages to put in a successful cross, I concede an easy goal because my near post CB is not there any more.

First I thought maybe the new patch messed up closing down on my CBs but it is the same as before and I have even tried reducing their Closing down instructions. Still CBs keep going out of position to the wings to join their mate Mr FBs for no reason.

You are not the only one mate. I am having same problem. Mine is slightly better but still its a bug. My CB decides to go out of position on the Wings to help out my Full back even when I can clearly see that my FB has got it covered. He is one on one with the opposition attacker, My CB does not care. He just goes out of position anyway and sometimes when the opposition attacker manages to put in a successful cross, I concede an easy goal because my near post CB is not there any more.

First I thought maybe the new patch messed up closing down on my CBs but it is the same as before and I have even tried reducing their Closing down instructions. Still CBs keep going out of position to the wings to join their mate Mr FBs for no reason.

yeah mate..im noticing it in more positions now (CB's), im thinkin maybe my 2 CB's are in love..their never more than 5 yards away from each other, which is good..until one decides he wants to close down one of their fullbacks on the halfway line an the pair of them are more forward than my midfield! its like the blind leadin the blind lol

Im happy theyve sorted out the defending though (no other probs than the one above), but for me theyve done it too well an the forwards seem to be nerf'd...well on my save anyways they seem to really struggle to find space an also cant hit a barn door!
Pass accuracy seems alot better, meanin **** passers of the ball stand out more now..which probs means decisions mean more in the ME.
Overall so far im impressed with what SI have managed this update..but it seems to me theres a few new created problems.

One thing that does spin me out, how is it possible for some players to have certain problems, an others have completely different ones? strange

Last edited:
the update didnt fix any of the most obvious bugs, i still get a gamebreaking bug every game, although it's different every time now, but still at the same frequency. a lot of tactics simply do not have any effect, and there are still lot of player/ball interactions, or rather lack of. ive been putting the game on hold for last month hoping for a playable patch, looks like i might have to bin it for another 3 months, maybe then it will be playable without me having to ctrol atl del in rage over some ******* stupid ME bug

why is my goal keeper flying round his area like superman? trying to save everything even when the ball is clearly going wide ? none of my tactics work properly now id finally managed to get one working not perfect but it was almost there now it seems yet again its back to the drawing board

and the game still feckin crashes so that hasnt worked has it?

since this stupid update has been on my computer when i start a new game i cant start a game in the irish leagues i have yellow triangle next to it with a black exclamation mark in it why ?

before this update my game probably crashed about 3 times since i bought it...today it has crashed 5 times

Not sure if I wanna get this patch, not a lot of positive comments except from mods ad always, if any thing these comments I've read make it sound worse than before??
I have a feeling this Is going to go down as one of the worst fm's with many users, I'm sure there's loads of people sucking it off saying how amazing it is, each to their own I guess.
Thank god I've got cm 01/02 on my laptop!!

Not sure if I wanna get this patch, not a lot of positive comments except from mods ad always, if any thing these comments I've read make it sound worse than before??
I have a feeling this Is going to go down as one of the worst fm's with many users, I'm sure there's loads of people sucking it off saying how amazing it is, each to their own I guess.
Thank god I've got cm 01/02 on my laptop!!

Believe me if the patch was wank the mods would say so. We are in no way under any orders to suck up to SI Or their game and when criticism was warranted we've given it. I've only played a couple of games on new patch so can't really comment but it seems better. Injuries certainly seemed to have calmed down. Most gripes on here seem to be with crashing. This could be caused by not using the editor properly or using downloaded skins kits and badges etc.

Last edited:
yeah I've only played a few games and I haven't noticed anything drastic, except that i've scored the first set piece goals of my career!

I wouldn't say this is the worst fm ever. i think what they've tried to do is make it even more in depth - that's wh they've added classic mode so people can still be a bit more casual. I'm finding the game a lot harder but it got to a point last year when i used the exact same tactic and instructions in every game and kept winning

In the one match I played after the update, I noticed a few weird movements I'd call bugs.

1. - Again I saw two players that are fighting for a ball runing away from each other. Not as exaggerated as before the previous patch, where they ran a quarter of pitch before realizing that's the ball, not a bomb. Not it's like two yards.

2. - Long pass to the striker who's in the right sideline. The pass is way long to the right sideline, going to be out. The striker runs as if still with hopes to catch it... towards the center of midfield.

3. - A ball that goes above a player who then runs to get it... the opposite direction.

4. - A long pass, player of team A runs to get it, the defender does also but he starts his run a little off, so he'll reach the trajectory a bit after the ball passed. The player seems to realize and change trajectory to an even more late point.

I've saved the game, will see if in new games it repeats and report. Or maybe just report already once I have the mood to start tracking when they happened.

P.S. - Yes, SMacManus everyone who doesn't hold my opinion is sucking it to someone else. So... who are you sucking to? Because I don't think this is that bad either. Has had its bugs, but in general I find it a move in the right direction.

Cool cool, it's just I've finally got to position where I can win the league fairly easily (big teams obviously) the last time I got to this point was just prior to the previous Me update, many things were improved but my tactic died on it's **** (all teams, different leagues ect).
Deleted all my saves and started from scratch creating a new tactic, new saves and I'm just worried it will all go to **** again after the update, finally feeling like I'm in control of my teams and knowing what to expect, aagghhh what shall I do?!!

Yeah, well, that's going to happen with any ME patch, the doubt whether the fixes change something that's been key to one's tactic.

I suppose it's been mentioned (because in the description I've not seen it, maybe I justlooked too fast) that there's a black skin, based on black and green.