UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

One significant ME change is how much more effective dribbling is, to the point where it is actually a little OP. Still, I'm sure that'll be rectified.

Its not the worse ever, I was an exaggerating!

Well don't. Hyperbole is stupid in this case.

I'm playing as FC United of Manchester, and our best free kick taker is rated 11. Last game I played, he scored two 30+ yard free kicks that would rival a Roberto Carlos/Beckham type classic. Scored another one with an even lower rated player in the next game. Before the patch dropped in my previous lower league game we scored about 2 direct free kicks in one season.

FC United of Manchester vs Hednesford Town - Neville Goal 90 minutes - YouTube - Plus, goalies still go full ****** sometimes.

Last edited:
Hyperbole, not heard that for a while, it's not my favourite fm, that's better.

Dribbling seems to be more important now for sure, but having played about 8 games now with the new patch I'm really liking it and once I can tweak my tactics to suit I think im gonna like it more |).

Edit: Apart from all the new ****** messages you now get from all the leagues your subscribed to. I mean 40 or so at a time is just stupid. And I really don't want to have to unsubscribe from the league I just don't want to know about every game thats going on in them.

Fix it plz!!!! haha

Last edited:
I've noticed the same thing as some others here, with defenders seemingly leaving their man, or area to go and help out a LB or fellow CB for no real reason other than they're getting a bit close to the penalty box. Sometimes double teaming the player with the ball is necessary, but it seems to be vastly exaggerated now, so much so that the striker/winger without the ball is quite often left unmarked.

When the oppositions winger/wide player has the ball near my touchline..all **** breaks loose in my defense! On four or so occasions my CB's, LB CM an anchorman have tried to close him down (which kinda ends up lookin like a chase scene from Benny Hill or abit like the conga dance) leaving 1 FB in the middle to mark 3 or 4 players lol
Anyone else notice this? It may well be my tactics need a little tweakin to compensate, as this never happened before.

!!!THIS!!! ME is more ruined than ever before. The game is broken in my eyes atm, any ways to get back the latest patch?

Believe me if the patch was wank the mods would say so. We are in no way under any orders to suck up to SI Or their game and when criticism was warranted we've given it. I've only played a couple of games on new patch so can't really comment but it seems better. Injuries certainly seemed to have calmed down. Most gripes on here seem to be with crashing. This could be caused by not using the editor properly or using downloaded skins kits and badges etc.

I'm sorry JP but a lot of my friends keep getting long term injuries, ME is ruined I can't stress this enough, some ppl crashing more than before altho ive never crashed once and im using kits and skins as well. This is the worst patch that has ever come out in my opinion.

More than the previous patch, can't be possible??!! in my save (previous patch) RVP broke his leg twice in one season lol

i'm really happy with this patch it seems alot more realistic now ! the last patch was bad because i was getting beat by the same goals all the time every player no matter what division could simply put in a drilled cross with either foot to set a team mate up ! but this patch has seemed to sort that out to an extent ! the last game i played i lost against man utd in the last minute by gareth bale picking up the ball in his own box dribbling past 5 of my players easily and smashing it into the top right corner now that to me is realistic :) and i dont mind losing to goals like that! some of the goals ive scored have been absolute peaches aswell also my attacking midfielder seem to connect better with my forwards now ! Wellington nem has now turned into a goalscoring machine and is also banging set pieces in ! overall i think its good welldone to whoever :)

since this stupid update has been on my computer when i start a new game i cant start a game in the irish leagues i have yellow triangle next to it with a black exclamation mark in it why ?

It's probably removed the Ireland .dbc file, this was also happening to some people before the "stupid" update.

Doing a verify of your game files via Steam should cure it.

Seems easier to me now tactics working loads better and ME is:wub: Just started 1st season with united signed coentrao 19m varane 13m kroos 22m fellaini part ex ando and no cash also signed bartra,rafhina,roberto from barca combined 23.75m and gotze 27m:)

Is it just me or after the update when defending, players are sucked out of position with great ease. On two separate saves I have seen this, particularly the LB and RB going towards the ball when the center back has already closed it down, leaving wingers with acres of space out wide to exploit. I have scored and conceded a huge chunk of goals like this after the new update. Anyone else seen this?

yeah yeah yeah this might sound retarded to some of you but Ive re installed steam AND fm13 and still no options for updates?

yeah yeah yeah this might sound retarded to some of you but Ive re installed steam AND fm13 and still no options for updates?

If you have just re-installed Steam and FM13, then it will have updated for you. It doesnt give you an option to update.

Providing you have Steam online (which you must have) then updates are done automatically unless manually turned off.

Seems easier to me now tactics working loads better and ME is:wub: Just started 1st season with united signed coentrao 19m varane 13m kroos 22m fellaini part ex ando and no cash also signed bartra,rafhina,roberto from barca combined 23.75m and gotze 27m:)

Wow! Don't united start with 30m? that's some shrewd business!

yeah I just did re-install steam and FM13. Just went to do a season with my team Palace and Dougie Greedman, I mean Freedman is still manager.

Has anyone else noticed the opposition player instructions sometimes disapear during the match?

I've noticed this has been happening regulary since the patch...