Uruguay v Ghana Thread

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so the rant you had about suarez you would not do to rooney. At the end of the day thats hypocritical.

so the rant you had about suarez you would not do to rooney. At the end of the day thats hypocritical.
And you aren't being hypocritical?
You telling me if it happened to england or spurs in a huge game you'd come on here singing the guys praises and put him in your sig. I doubt it mate.

And you aren't being hypocritical?
You telling me if it happened to england or spurs in a huge game you'd come on here singing the guys praises and put him in your sig. I doubt it mate.

Everybody is expressing their opinion about it but I have not been swearing my head off about decisions and calling someone a ****. You even have it next to your avatar.

It had happened to Spurs, yes I would be annoyed but at the end of the day it does not change a thing the result stands no matter how much you rant about it.

If it had been done by Rooney or Heskey, or by any other player in England, they would be heros there now. It was a cheat, that got its punishment, just like the rules say. It was Ghana´s fault that they missed the penalty. That´s it. The end of the game was Epic. I believe that this handball and red card, has been the most influential one, that has actually benefited a team in the World Cup History.

This thread has derailed completely into argument-land now.

Worthy of a closure, I think, as civil discussion has ceased.

Everybody is expressing their opinion about it but I have not been swearing my head off about decisions and calling someone a ****. You even have it next to your avatar.

It had happened to Spurs, yes I would be annoyed but at the end of the day it does not change a thing the result stands no matter how much you rant about it.
I'm expressing my opinion. If you don't think he did anything wrong thats fine i only really replied because the argument you were using to defend him was based on him not being a cheat because he was punished which doesn't effect whether he is a cheat.

Anyone else think the ref should have just awarded the goal? I know he's not really allowed to, but they would do in Rugby :)

So what do we do? Punish the whole squad, brand them all cheats kick them out of the Tournament, For one persons Sacrifies for a nation?

Would you of done any different.

Heres what must of been running through his mind

Scenario one

"Dont handle this we go out,

Scenario two

"handle this off the line, get sent off,. miss the Semi Final, get branded a cheat worldwide, But we still got a chance, a small one. but any chance of going through. i would take right about now"

Which one would you pick.

Any professional would of attempted to clear the ball without the need of cheating, Suarez made an extremely dumb risk in handling the ball at a very much possible goal opportunity, yet they still managed to go through. I know that I would rather go out than cheat my way through.

Suarez, who is only 23 and playing in his first World Cup, made a desperate decision in the what would of been the last few seconds of the game. Did he cheat? Yes. Is it understandable? Yes.

Regardless of his actions it does just go to show that in situations like this the rules are insufficient to deal with it. It's bad enough when players clear the ball off the line with their hands when there's 60 minutes of the game left, nevermind less than 5 seconds.

The referee should be allowed to make a decision that if the ball was 100% going in without the intervention of a players hand then the goal should stand and the player should be sent off.

what i find so stupid about it though is the fact that he could quite easily have headed it and then it would have gone out of the box.

Suarez is not a cheater. Maybe you should read the rules first :)

the rules are clear. If a player stops a ball with his hand on the goal line. Will be expelled and give us a penalty to the opposing team.
If the opponent does not know how to put a penalty is not a problem of the player who committed the foul.
But it is not cheating, it's just a foul.
Suarez did not violate the rules. It was like "put your hand and give away a penalty, or lose at that moment". He only gave him more time to his team. And the other team was unlucky. That's it. Thanks to these events, the soccer is exciting.

Mexico 86, Maradona scores a goal with his hand. Nobody sees anything. After Argentina won the World Cup. Now that's cheating, when "no one sees anything," and you get a prize. I'm Uruguayan, I cried in that game same as Suarez. First of sadness,afther of happiness. What else I can ask to a world cup?

Thanks Uruguay. And thanks mom for having me in this country. I am one of those 3 million, and I'm proud.

I apologize for reviving the subject. It's just that I was identified with the irony of other.

Suarez, who is only 23 and playing in his first World Cup, made a desperate decision in the what would of been the last few seconds of the game. Did he cheat? Yes. Is it understandable? Yes.

Regardless of his actions it does just go to show that in situations like this the rules are insufficient to deal with it. It's bad enough when players clear the ball off the line with their hands when there's 60 minutes of the game left, nevermind less than 5 seconds.

The referee should be allowed to make a decision that if the ball was 100% going in without the intervention of a players hand then the goal should stand and the player should be sent off.
Agreed about the proposed rule change.
However i still don't believe suarez should be getting this much stick. He never tried to deny that he used his hands, and, in a moment of desperation, did all he could to keep his country in the tournament. Anyone else would have done the same.
He took his punishment, to the letter of fifa's law. Until it is changed to how you suggested, ghana cannot complain about Suarez. They should have scored the pen and it would have been over.

Status
Not open for further replies.