Feels a lot like last years tactic for sure.

View attachment 996196

Also won cup and ECC.

Some very shaky away performances against top teams (which was the case last year as well tbh). Super lucky to not lose against Real Madrid, Man Utd, Valencia, Arsenal, PSG etc. away. But I think just getting better defensive defenders would fix that. Pique, Bartra, Vermaelen are to technical. Think with quicker central defenders with 18+ defensive attributes it would fix that. At home it's perfect.

I was messing around a lot with your 2.2.1 version as well, but ended up using the one you post here for the last 4-5 months. I changed the BWM to DLP (defend) though as I really hate the BWM role atm, and it really fits Busquets better.

If someone can find a decent corner set up soon this would be perfect.

How MSN? Scored allot?

Hi Volliz, the striker are left foot on left side and right foot on right side or inverted?

Haven't been paying too much attention to that, its pros and cons either way. Rightfooted on the right hand side will give the player an easier job when he's in a position to cross. If the same player is on the left it should be easier for him to send a shot away when he's in a position to shoot.. In Barcelona the MSN trio scored from all angles, in my LFC game im seeing a lot of good things having Ibe run down to the byline, then send a cross over to Benteke.. But in general i prefer the speedy technical striker over the tank. That beeing said, Benteke don't mind playing th e central striker :p
View attachment 201730

I think I'll choose the second option: Love it!
It for the first time in FM16 when I have such an insane start of the season playing with Barcelona:
European Supercup: Sevilla - Barcelona 4-6
Spanish Supercup 1st leg: At. Bilbao - Barcelona 2-0.... Since this moment I was starting to think:"Another tactic that doesn't works..."
Spanish Supercup 2nd leg: Barcelona - At.Bilbao 5-0... Nothing to comment: was 4-0 at the break...
First matchday in Liga BBVA:
Real Madrid played first and they won 6-0 away... ****, what an impressive start of season they have!
But then it happened: At. Bilbao - Barcelona 1-7...
Now, this must be frustrating: you win 6-0 in the first game, but you are on the second place...

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Feels a lot like last years tactic for sure.

View attachment 996196

Also won cup and ECC.

Some very shaky away performances against top teams (which was the case last year as well tbh). Super lucky to not lose against Real Madrid, Man Utd, Valencia, Arsenal, PSG etc. away. But I think just getting better defensive defenders would fix that. Pique, Bartra, Vermaelen are to technical. Think with quicker central defenders with 18+ defensive attributes it would fix that. At home it's perfect.

I was messing around a lot with your 2.2.1 version as well, but ended up using the one you post here for the last 4-5 months. I changed the BWM to DLP (defend) though as I really hate the BWM role atm, and it really fits Busquets better.

If someone can find a decent corner set up soon this would be perfect.

Yeah i totally agree, away games espesially against quality opposition feels like it can go either way. I guess thats realistic enough :p but having a more solid corner tactic will help swing a couple of those our way. I think im actually conceding more then im scoring on corners atm :p

View attachment 996080

Bernardo Silva is loving the penalty kicks :p lol

Its no coincidence tho, this tactic is about getting forward quickly. It promotes lots of dribbling in the final third so it makes sense that your players get fouled alot. Ill admit that six penalties in one game is generous :p

In 14 league games with LFC iv'e converted 7 penalties and missed two.. :D

Haven't been paying too much attention to that, its pros and cons either way. Rightfooted on the right hand side will give the player an easier job when he's in a position to cross. If the same player is on the left it should be easier for him to send a shot away when he's in a position to shoot.. In Barcelona the MSN trio scored from all angles, in my LFC game im seeing a lot of good things having Ibe run down to the byline, then send a cross over to Benteke.. But in general i prefer the speedy technical striker over the tank. That beeing said, Benteke don't mind playing th e central striker :p
View attachment 996379
Hi voilliz who were your top performers at Liverpool any screenshot?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi voilliz who were your top performers at Liverpool any screenshot?

Ive been struggling with lots of injuries so the team is always rotated, but i guess these have been my best players so far, due to injuries ive had to play Firminio quite a few games in midfield, i feel he's better used upfront.. Anyhow, screenshots..
View attachment 201634View attachment 201632
View attachment 201630View attachment 201629
View attachment 201628View attachment 201627

Was losing to much away using this tactic. I was Liverpool too. I really wanna play 3 strikers. I just can't seem to find the right balance.

Barcelona - Malaga 4-0
At. Madrid - Barcelona 0-3
Arsenal - Barcelona 4-2: I left on the bench Alaba and Messi as they weren't fit enough meanwhile Dani Alves and Iniesta are injured.
PS: I also changed the BWM into a DLP (defend). Not sure if this improves the tactic...

Was losing to much away using this tactic. I was Liverpool too. I really wanna play 3 strikers. I just can't seem to find the right balance.

Barcelona - Malaga 4-0
At. Madrid - Barcelona 0-3
Arsenal - Barcelona 4-2: I left on the bench Alaba and Messi as they weren't fit enough meanwhile Dani Alves and Iniesta are injured.
PS: I also changed the BWM into a DLP (defend). Not sure if this improves the tactic...

Haven't tried with a DLP instead of BWM myself, but it shoulden't be anything "wrong" doing that as it shoulden't be to different as the BWM is set to play more risky passes. Differences from last years version tho is that i see that the BMW seem to be further up the pitch, winning the ball and sending it straight to the forwards instead of using the superior passing skills of the AP. It could perhaps be worth testing using the BWM or DLP in a deeper position as, lets say DMC. My idea with the BWM is to have a terrier out there harassing the opposition midfield, especially since there are only three midfielders. One could even try playing him as a Half Back at DMC due to this years IWB seem to be more prone to attacking up the pitch and making crosses into the box, compared with last years. Or atleast an option for away games.

Did you only play coutinho midfield

Haven't tried with a DLP instead of BWM myself, but it shoulden't be anything "wrong" doing that as it shoulden't be to different as the BWM is set to play more risky passes. Differences from last years version tho is that i see that the BMW seem to be further up the pitch, winning the ball and sending it straight to the forwards instead of using the superior passing skills of the AP. It could perhaps be worth testing using the BWM or DLP in a deeper position as, lets say DMC. My idea with the BWM is to have a terrier out there harassing the opposition midfield, especially since there are only three midfielders. One could even try playing him as a Half Back at DMC due to this years IWB seem to be more prone to attacking up the pitch and making crosses into the box, compared with last years. Or atleast an option for away games.
So, in your opinion, what change would improve the defence and in the same time would not affect too much the impressive attacking force of this tactic?
A) Turning the BWM into a DLP with defensive duty?
B) Moving the BWM deeper?
C) Moving the BWM deeper and transforming him into a HB?
I intend to make this move only against strong opponents (Real Madrid, Bayern, Man City...etc.) in away games.

So, in your opinion, what change would improve the defence and in the same time would not affect too much the impressive attacking force of this tactic?
A) Turning the BWM into a DLP with defensive duty?
B) Moving the BWM deeper?
C) Moving the BWM deeper and transforming him into a HB?
I intend to make this move only against strong opponents (Real Madrid, Bayern, Man City...etc.) in away games.

A)Iv'e tested more tonight and i don't think changing the BWM to a DLP helps in a defensive manner. He might play better through balls for your strikers, but defensively i don't see any improvement.

B, C) Ive tried replaying a tough away game (away to chelsea) and moving the BWM to the DMC position seem to make things more stable. However, this alone does not give adequite cover. Tried the HB option a few times, no improvement. Then i tried another approach, defending from the front. Changed the DLFsupp to DFdef and suddenly things look better. Chelsea could still get a few decent chances, but now i was in control of the game have the majority of chances created. I replayed the away game to Chelsea seven times, it ended up beeing 5wins one draw and eno loss. Its not perfect, but im looking forward to my next away game already :D

Ps. the OP is updated with this version

Last edited:
Did you only play coutinho midfield

Yeah, would love to se him do his magic upfront but im having a s h i t l o a d of injuries so iv'e had to play him in the AP position :(

I know its only been 10 games but ive been really happy with the start for the mighty toon army!

We've been playing some really good fast attacking football but we've also been a bit susceptible to counters and opposition wingers spreading the play!

Just made another tweak, This years IWB is far more attacking than last years so i descided to try and tweak them a little. and BAM, everything seem to click into place. Changed the IWB to FBdef and now the counter attacks against seem to be almost gone and we restrict the opposition to harmless longshots.
Would love if anyone could try it out and see if they also experience better results!
View attachment 201334

Just made another tweak, This years IWB is far more attacking than last years so i descided to try and tweak them a little. and BAM, everything seem to click into place. Changed the IWB to FBdef and now the counter attacks against seem to be almost gone and we restrict the opposition to harmless longshots.
Would love if anyone could try it out and see if they also experience better results!
View attachment 996820
I'll definetly test it tonight.
I'll post the feedback.
I also hope that the changes will not affect the goal ratio.

View attachment 996820

Playing Strasbourg (best team in french 3rd division). Lost 2 matches in a row against lower ranked teams (0-4 at home & 2-0 away). I might keep trying and give feedback if it improves.

Was playing your former version with average results (4th position in the league / predicted 1st).

I loved 3 ST tactics in FM15, does not seem to work on FM 16. Also tried Christian Eriksen 3ST V2.1. Working a bit better but not as I would like on ball possesion.

Hi V0lliz

I am currently testing your tactic. Won both games, 1st one by 2-0 against Victoria Koln in the German Cup and the 2nd one at home by 2-1 in the league. Wouldnt it better to have a BWM instead of a DM?