Good story, how much more money can you spend with 48 month installments btw?

its up to 40million per transfer. But be very careful...as it affects your finances and future transfer budgets.

Season 4
Initial Season Objective: 1st Place
Realistic Season Objective: Top 2
Champions League Objective: Quarter Final

Transfers
As last year was the year in which Valencia's spine was transformed. I did not feel that a major overhaul of players was needed. Especially considering our drastic improvements in the league and in Europe.
View attachment 25400
Therefore only 4 signings were made, all these signings were to either replace players who had departed or to provide extra competition for players who were starting most matches.

With Adrian beginning to disappoint and while struggling to prove Villa with genuine competition, Mauro Zarate was brought in for 25million from Lazio. The attacking player is able to play in all attacking positions, Advanced playmaker, right/left winger and striker. He was a wise acquisition as he provided cover for all attacking options.

Carlos Cuellar was another Spanish star to leave the team, and he was replaced by an Australian regen. Bought from Hills District for 19million, Chris Coe had a lot to live up to in the Ball Playing Defender position.

While Manuel Fernandes departed for Atletico Madrid, he was replaced by the highly rated Frenchman, Jeremy Toulalan. Bought from Lyon for 20million. He aims to give Felipe Melo a run for his position in the first team.

My final signing was by far my most expensive signing, as I paid way over the odds for this man. Yoann Gourcuff, bought from AC Milan for a club record 60million. He was signed as a replacement for the outgoing Joaquin. Although a natural Advanced Playmaker, I intend to mainly use him as a right winger whilst Mata plays in the left wing role and Granero and Silva compete for the central attacking role.

All in all, this was another busy and extremely expensive transfer window. However, I believe this signings will propel Valencia into the title challenge and maybe a Champions League quarter final (Fingers crossed)

Last edited:
July
Friendly
Eagle 1-0 Valencia

August
Arsenal 2-2 Valencia
Rodriguez, Granero

Porto 1-2 Valencia
Alexis, Silva

Shalke 2-1 Valencia
Granero

Monaco 0-2 Valencia
Zarate, Muniain

Cordoba 0-4 Valencia
Alba (2), Villa (2)

Summary
Friendly results were ok. I was not too disappointed that we lost a few games, these games were only meant to improve the fitness of my players and to help the new signings gel into the squad. Next month begins Liga BBVA, wish me luck!

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

September
Liga BBVA
Racing 1-3 Valencia
Villa (3)

Recreativo1-2 Valencia
Villa (2)

Valencia 2-0 Almeria
Zarate, Villa

ECC
Valencia 2-0 Mechelen
Silva, Granero

Liga BBVA
Valencia 1-0 Deportivo
Silva

Celta 1-1 Valencia
Villa

Valencia 2-0 Xerez
Villa, Gourcuff

Summary
September has been a good month for Valencia. We have announced out intentions by claiming 16 out of 18 points in our first month. We have let Barca and Real know that this season we will be serious title challengers. We have also taken a convincing first win in Europe to let the rest of our group know that we WILL qualify for the knockout round. October seems to be a more difficult month, but hopefully it will follow suit.

NOTE: If anyone is actually reading this or still interested in this story please post a comment, because I am beginning to feel that nobody is even reading this let alone enjoying this story.

October
ECC
Lyon 1-0 Valencia

Liga BBVA
Gimnastic 0-1 Valencia
Villa

View attachment 25922 VS View attachment 25921

Barcelona 1-0 Valencia
Valdes v Akinfeev
Puyol v Azpilicueta
Milito v Vargas
Pique v Alexis
Chygrynskyi v Marcano
Toure v De la Red
Xavi v Toulalan
Iniesta v Zarate
Messi v Alba
Modric v Granero
Ibrahimovic(1) v Villa

ECC
Panathinaikos 0-2 Valencia
Zarate, Melo

Liga BBVA
Valencia 3-0 Elche
Villa, Adrian, Zarate

Spanish Cup
Alaves 0-6 Valencia
Villa (2), Rodriguez, Granero (3)

Summary
After the great start to the season in September, we have lost momentum, both in Europe and domestically. The loss at Barca hit the confidence and belief of the team a little bit, but I only see this as a little glitch, as we did not deserve to come home with no points in that game. However, after the loss at Lyon, we recovered well and re-affirmed out Champions League intentions with another convincing win over Panathinaikos. Hopefully our luck will improve somewhat in November.

November
Liga BBVA
Athletic 1-2 Valencia
Villa, Silva

ECC
Valencia 4-0 Panathinaikos
Villa, Adrian, Silva, Zarate

Liga BBVA
View attachment 25936 VS View attachment 25937
Valencia 2-0 Real Madrid
Akinfeev v Casillas
Miguel v Ramos
Vargas v Campagna
Rodriguez v Albiol
Coe v Ferdinand
Camacho v Alonso
Toulalan v Diarra
Zarate (1) v Ronaldo
Alba v Higuain
Granero v Benzema
Villa (1) v Kaka

Spanish Cup
Valencia 3-0 Alaves
Larrinaga OG, Silva, Muniain

Liga BBVA
Zaragoza 4-3 Valencia
Mata, Silva, Adrian

Valencia 2-0 Sevilla
Silva, Muniain

Valencia 1-1 Atletico
Zarate

ECC
Mechelen 1-5 Valencia
Zarate (3), Toulalan, Silva

Summary
This was a very satisfying month in some aspects. Valencia qualified for the next round of the Champions League and Spanish Cup whilst also beating Real Madrid in the league. Beating Real is a definate indicator that we can mount a title challenge. However, an unlucky defeat to Zaragoza and a unusual home draw to Atletico still cast a doubt over our title credentials. Hopefully we can prove our doubters wrong in December.

i like the story, especially ur progress as manager, hf & gl in future, i will follow obviously

December

Breaking News
David Villa out for 4 months.

Liga BBVA
Valencia 3-0 Getafe
Zarate, Silva, Alba

Villarreal 0-4 Valencia
Silva (2), Adrian, Mata

ECC
Valencia 2-2 Lyon

Liga BBVA
Valencia 3-0 Betis
Coe, Silva, Zarate

Espanyol 1-1 Valencia
Drenthe

Summary
It was a real shame to have lost Villa for basically the whole season. However, Zarate has stepped up and is playing an influential role in our title push. At the moment we lie first in the table, 2 point in front of Real Madrid. Hopefully we can keep this edge going into the second half of the season.

£60 million for gourcuff wow! i was gonna say you should have got dzagoev but your using him as a winger and also £16 mil for de la red wow again.

Great story mate...valencia are an interesting team to be..they have 3 of the best players in the game (silva, mata, villa) and with some tlc they can be a really great team ...I was them in 09 for years, had great fun...barca look a great team, they bought modric in my game too..well done agaist real madrid

£60 million for gourcuff wow! i was gonna say you should have got dzagoev but your using him as a winger and also £16 mil for de la red wow again.

Yeah, i know it was alot of money, but I reckon its worth it as I have already played out Season 4 and 5 and Gourcuff is very influential. Another weird thing, David Villa...after his 4 month injury lay off...fades dramatically...he is still good but he doesnt bang the goals in anymore. Zarate becomes my main striker with Muniain his backup.

However, De la Red was totally worth the money. Because i use him and Camacho as holding midfielders and rotation is so much easier when I can play two players in that role naturally.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Great story mate...valencia are an interesting team to be..they have 3 of the best players in the game (silva, mata, villa) and with some tlc they can be a really great team ...I was them in 09 for years, had great fun...barca look a great team, they bought modric in my game too..well done agaist real madrid

Thanks for the support. I was surprised with the 2010 Valencia team to be honest. They had a good depth, like in all areas you had 2 or 3 players who could do a decent job. And Real and Barca are like a step above...no matter what i do...so i was really happy with that win.

Last edited:
January
Liga BBVA
Valencia 3-0 Hercules
Alba, Zarate (2)

Spanish Cup
View attachment 26298 VS View attachment 26297
Valencia 2-0 Barcelona
Akinfeev v Valdes
Miguel v Alves
Vargas v Milito
Coe v Pique
Marcano v Chyrgrynskyi
Camacho v Toure
Toulalan v Iniesta
Granero v Xavi
Mata (1) v Messi
Gourcuff v Modric
Zarate (1) v Ibrahimovic

Liga BBVA
Valencia 1-1 Recreativo
Toulalan

Spanish Cup
View attachment 26297 VS View attachment 26298
Barcelona 2-1 Valencia (3-2 agg)
Valdes v Akinfeev
Alves v Azpilicueta

Milito v Vargas

Pique v Coe

Chyrgrynskyi v
Marcano
Toure v Camacho

Iniesta v De la Red

Xavi v Zarate

Messi v Mata

Modric
(1) v Gourcuff
Ibrahimovic
(Bojan 1) v
Muniain (1)

Liga BBVA
Almeria 0-2 Valencia
Zarate, Mata

Spanish Cup Quater Final
View attachment 26299 VS View attachment 26298
Real Madrid 3-0 Valencia
Casillas v Akinfeev
Ramos v Miguel
Campagna v Vargas
Hangeland v Rodriguez
Ferdinand v Coe
Diarra v Camacho
Veloso v Toulalan
Ronaldo (1) v Granero
Turan v Mata
Kaka (1) v Gourcuff
Benzema (1) v Zarate

Liga BBVA
Valencia 3-0 Hercules
Zarate (2), Granero

Spanish Cup Quater Final
View attachment 26298 VS View attachment 26299
Valencia 0-2 Real Madrid
Akinfeev v Casillas
Miguel v Ramos
Coe v Campagna
Rodriguez v Ferdinand
Marcano v Hangeland
De la Red v Diarra
Toulalan v Veloso
Granero v Ronaldo
Alba v Turan
Gourcuff v Kaka
Zarate v Higuain

Summary
A highly disappointing month, as we thought we would be more than a match for Real over a two legged play-off. However, it turns out we are not, so now we find ourselves out of the Spanish Cup. League-wise we are maintaining first spot, however we must maintain our league form over the coming months if we are to see off Real and Barca to the title. While we have been drawn Roma in the Champions League with the first leg to be played at the Nuevo Mestalla. Although we have been knocked out of one competition, I still have confidence in this team and their ability to win both the league and the Champions League. Bring forth February!

Last edited:
Unlucky on the cup exit but keep up the good work in the league, your doing really well :) Really like the layout, especially for the big games.

Unlucky on the cup exit but keep up the good work in the league, your doing really well :) Really like the layout, especially for the big games.

Hey, thanks for the comments on the layout. Is there any ways in which i could improve it?

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:07 PM ----------

February
Liga BBVA
Deportivo 0-3 Valencia
Gourcuff, Mata, Marcano

Valencia 4-0 Celta
Zarate, Muniain, De la Red, Marcano

Xerez 0-0 Valencia

Champions League K/O
Valencia 4-1 Roma
Zarate (2), Granero, Mata

Liga BBVA
Valencia 0-0 Gimnastic

Summary
An extremely disappointing month, sees us drop out of 1st place. As manager, my Valencia teams aims are now to win every single Liga BBVA game to ensure that we win the league. Whereas, we have basically secured a spot in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League. Lets hope there are trophies come May!

Last edited:
No I think its one of the best I have seen. Nice win in Europe, shame about the draws in the league, im sure you will bounce back and win the title !

Come on mate you can win the title! I am a new reader!