Try my Port Vale story I am in the home straight of the season!

March
Liga BBVA
Sevilla 1-2 Valencia
Gourcuff, Zarate

View attachment 26391 VS View attachment 26392
Valencia 0-0 Barcelona
Akinfeev Valdes
Miguel Alves
Vargas Milito
Coe Pique
Marcano Puyol
Camacho Toure
Melo Iniesta
Granero Xavi
Mata Messi
Gourcuff Modric
Villa Ibrahimovic

Champions League KO 2nd Leg
View attachment 26390 VS View attachment 26391
Roma 3-1 Valencia (5-4 agg win)
Enyeama Akinfeev
Zaccardo Azpilicueta
Riise Drenthe
Gioia Coe
Pepe Marcano
Amrabat Melo
Menez Toulalan
De Rossi Gourcuff
Gomis Alba
Milevsky (3) Granero
Pazzini Zarate (1)

Liga BBVA
Elche 0-5 Valencia
Gourcuff (3), Muniain (2)

Valencia 3-0 Athletic
Villa, Melo, Gourcuff

Valencia 1-0 Zaragoza
Mata

Summary
This has been a very promising month. We are making a fight of the title race with Real Madrid. At the moment, we find ourselves 3 points ahead, however there are important clashes next month and the title could go either way at the moment. Whereas, we are through to the next round of the Champions League where we face Manchester City. I personally believe that our team is much better, and we should be looking forward to a semi final appearance. Bring on April!

April
Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg
View attachment 26697 VS View attachment 26696
Manchester City 2-1 Valencia
Hart Akinfeev
Corluka Miguel
Bridge Drenthe
Mexes Marcano
Lescott Coe
Brighi Camacho
Moutinho Toulalan
Barry Granero
Thiago Alba
Adebayor Silva
Young (2) Villa

Liga BBVA
Atletico 2-3 Valencia
Gourcuff, Villa, Coe

Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg
View attachment 26696 VS View attachment 26697
Valencia 1-3 Manchester City
Akinfeev Coman
Miguel Whittaker
Vargas Lescott
Rodriguez Mexes
Coe Corluka
Camacho Sakho
Toulalan Brighi
Zarate Barry (1)
Mata Tevez (1)
Gourcuff Robinho (1)
Villa (1) Adebayor (1)

Liga BBVA
View attachment 26698 VS View attachment 26696
Match Preview
Both Valencia and Real Madrid go into this game level on points in 1st and 2nd place. The only thing separating Valencia (1st) and Real (2nd) is their league head-to-head results, with Valencia grabbing a 2-0 win earlier in the season at the Nuevo Mestalla. Both sides realise that the winner of this game will more than likely go on and win the Liga BBVA. The betting offices have dubbed Real Madrid favourites due to home ground advantage and their impressive current form in all competitions. Valencia on the other hand have been slipping up and have given up a 4 point lead at the top of the table, whilst also been knocked out recently of the Champions League at the hands of Manchester City. The pressure is on both managers to get a result. Although, for Valencia this games has added pressure as this is their last chance for silverware this season.

Real Madrid 4-1 Valencia
Casillas Akinfeev
Arbeloa Azpilicueta
Campagna Vargas
Albiol Coe
Ferdinand Marcano
Diarra De la Red
Veloso Melo
Ronaldo (3) Zarate
Turan Alba
Benzema (1) Gourcuff (1)
Higuain Villa

Getafe 1-3 Valencia
Marcano, Silva (2)

Valencia 4-1 Villarreal
Kulli og, Gourcuff, Villa, Silva

Summary
An extremely difficult month to take in. We have been knocked out of the Champions League and we have suffered a moral crushing defeat at the hands of Real Madrid. Our season at the moment looks to be in tatters with only 3 more games to play and Real in invincible form. Hopefully, just hopefully someone will be able to cause an upset and we will be there to take advantage of it. However, we need to upsets to claim the title, whilst we have to win all our remaining games. It is going to be hard, but i believe that Valencia can do it!

May
Liga BBVA
Betis 0-4 Valencia
Costa og, Toulalan, Gourcuff, Melli og

Real Madrid 4-1 Hercules
Espanyol 0-2 Real Madrid

Valencia 0-0 Espanyol

Real Madrid 1-1 Almeria

League Table
1st Real Madrid 89pts
2nd Valencia 86pts

Last Game of Liga BBVA Season
Racing 2-4 Real Madrid
Hercules 0-3 Valencia
Villa (2), Coe

View attachment 27050

Season Summary
A very disappointing end to the season. After defeat to Real Madrid, Real did slip up once to Almeria and we had the chance to move within 1 point of them and maybe apply more pressure in the final game of the season, however we did not take our opportunities and drew 0-0 with Espanyol at home. Despite no silverware this season, Valencia can be proud that all expectations were met, and this season, in terms of start of season objectives has been a success. Hopefully, this group of players will remain together for some time and we can challenge for the league and Champions League next season. Thank you for reading, and keep visiting this Story as I begin season 5.

Season Initial Objective: 1st and Champions League Qtr Final
Realistic Objective: 2nd + and Champions League Qtr Final
Outcome: 2nd and Knocked Out in Champions LEague Qtr Final
Season = Success

Last edited:
Season 5

Transfer Activity
View attachment 27065
Zachary Pearce – Cost me 50million, but do not worry, he will be worth the money. Plus, I have only paid 10million up front for him with the other 40million to be paid off in the next 48months. He has been brought in to replace Alexis. He is an Australian defender, with great stats and should make a good partnership at the back with fellow Aussie Chris Coe.

Moussa Sissoko – Cost me 15million, 5million was paid up front while the rest is to be paid off over 48months. He has come in to replace the outgoing Ruben De La Red, who felt that “he needed a fresh challenge”. Although we have lost a few Spanish players, I am not too worried as Sissoko has better stats and can play the defensive holding midfielder role more naturally just like Camacho. Should add much needed depth and steal to our midfield.

Friendlies
Liverpool 0-0 Valencia

Marseilles 1-2 Valencia
Silva, Muniain

Anderlecht 1-3 Valencia
Camacho, Granero, Villa

Aston Villa 2-0 Valencia

Benfica 2-3 Valencia
Villa (2), Gourcuff

PSV 0-3 Valencia
Mata, Villa (2)

Hullera 0-5 Valencia
Gourcuff (2), Muniain (2), Silva

Team Report
As i begin my 5th season, I would like to give you a brief on the squad I have assembled during my time at Valencia.

View attachment 27066

Renan - GK
Was at the club before I arrived, during my first two seasons, he was an influential figure, however he has been having to live in the shadows of Akinfeev for the past two seasons. No matter that, he is a reliable and talented goalkeeper and can be called upon with trust and confidence.

Igor Akinfeev - GK
Bought from CSKA Moscow, he has become an integral part of my team. When the defence is looking shaky, Akinfeev can be called upon to make fantastic saves and keep my team in the game. In my opinion, one of the best goalkeepers in the game.

Gonzalo Rodriguez - SW,DC
The ever reliable Argentinian may find it hard for regular first team football this season as I continue my rotation process. But since his purchase two seasons ago, he has become a regular and reliable figure in this Valencia defence and can be called into the first team, with the knowledge that a clean sheet can be achieved.

Ivan Marcano - DLC
Bought at the same time and from the same club as Rodriguez, already had fantastic chemistry when they stormed the Valencia back line and became influential figures. Marcano will give Coe and Pearce a great fight for their places in the team and will feature regularly this season.

Zachary Pearce - DLC
The new Australian defender has a big price tag around his neck. However, when looking at his stats and history he seems to be worth all the money spent. Let us hope he fits and gels with his new team mates.

Chris Coe - DLC
Another Australian defender, been at Valencia one season and was ever present in his center back role. He has tough competition for a first team place this season, however like all my other defenders, he has immense qualities which will be required throughout the season.

Miguel - D/WB R
My 34 year old right back. He has been a wonderful servant to this football club, and even in his twilight years, still can play a vital role in the Valencia first team.

Cesar Azpilicueta - D/WB R
My first choice right back. He took over in the main games from Miguel last season and performed exceptionally. Although Miguel is not the same player he used to be, Azpilicueta must be on his heels as Miguel is still a quality right back.

Royston Drenthe - D/WB/AML
Was one of my first signings as Valencia manager. He has been influential at times, however is not my first choice left back. His main role is to provide competition for Vargas.

Juan Manuel Vargas - D/WB/ML
Vargas is easily my best left back, and he has proven his qualities over the years. Valencia have had to fight off interest from rivals clubs and foreign clubs to keep him at the Nuevo Mestalla, and hopefully this season we can repay his loyalty with silverware.

Jeremy Toulalan - DM/MC
The Frenchman is a key playmaker in my Valencia system. Sitting just behind the attacking 4, he provides the passes for the attacking for to play onto. He is an integral part of this Valencia team, and if silverware is to be won, he will be the central figure in achieving it.

Felipe Melo - DM/MC
Although regularly stating it may be time for him to start a new challenge, Melo has stayed loyal to Valencia and his playmaking skills are second to none. He does however find himself in a tight battle for the Deep Lying Playmaker position with Toulalan but rotation seems to keep both happy. Melo is the type of player who will create something out of nothing.

Ignacio Camacho - DM/MC
The Valencia captain. Signed from Atletico Madrid on a free transfer. He has become a vital player and an inspiration to his team mates. He took over the captains armband from David Villa last season and has gone from strength to strength. He sits just in front of the back 4 and plays a vital role as the anchor man, connecting the defence to the attack. This season, with the departure of De la Red, he finds himself up against new competition in the form of Moussa Sissoko.

Moussa Sissoko - DM/MC
Sissoko looks to be a great signing. However, he faces the arduous task of removing Captain Camacho from the first team to even get a chance. Although this will be hard to do, he has the qualities to do so, and is even considered a better anchor man than Camacho according to the coaches at Valencia.

Yoann Gourcuff - AMRC
Gourcuff, although signed for a hefty fee. Is arguably our best player. He can be played as our right winger or our advanced playmaker. Either way, he is an extreme problem for any opposition and usually either scores or creates a goal in every game he plays.

Esteban Granero - AMRLC
Granero, signed from Real Madrid, has been a great buy. He can play in any of the offensive roles and provides great cover when injuries hit hard.

Mauro Zarate - AMRLC,FC
Zarate, a great utility player, can play in any of the attacking positions although naturally a striker. Since his signing, he has been incredible up front and has bagged 22 goals in his first season. He is currently Valencia's first choice striker as David Villa's star slowly fades away.

David Silva - AMLC
A product of the Valencia youth system, he has become the heart beat of Valencia. The attacking talent is the orchestrator of all Valencia's attacking movements. Whenever a goal is scored, you can count on it that Silva had a part to play in it.

Juan Manuel Mata - AMLC, FC
The left winger, although occasionally deployed through the middle, is an exceptional talent who is very hard to handle. He gives Valencia a great outlet down that left hand side.

David Villa - ST
Valencia's greatest striker. Ever since his four month lay off last season, he has not been the same player. This season he faces a tough task trying to regain his form and his starting position as both Zarate and Muniain are showing great signs of potential. However, whenever a goal is needed, Valencia can always count on Villa to pop up with the finish required.

Iker Muniain - ST
Poached from Athletic aged 19, Muniain has grown in the shadow of Villa. While Villa is slowly fading, Muniain has his chance this season to gain the first team football he deserves. Since arriving to Valencia 2 seasons ago, Munian has bagged 16 goals in 30 appearances. Not too bad for someone 3rd in the pecking order.

no worries mate you put alot of work into it ... you have some great followers tho i wud kill to have as much on my liverpool story..

Wow £50m for one player... I've never spent that much on one player in FM lol. What are his stats like? You've built a good team here, good luck with it.

haha yeah with the 20 finishing stats. HE is great at set pieces and counter attacks

Very nice story and really like the detailed write-ups, in particular your reviews of the first team squad. Your write up style makes it very easy to read or skim through.

I've followed (and managed) Valencia ever since the Ariel Ortega, Claudio Lopez, Gaizka Mendieta etc. era and reading your review makes me want to start up a new game.

Are the managers of Barce and Real still Guardiola and Pellegrini?

Very nice story and really like the detailed write-ups, in particular your reviews of the first team squad. Your write up style makes it very easy to read or skim through.

I've followed (and managed) Valencia ever since the Ariel Ortega, Claudio Lopez, Gaizka Mendieta etc. era and reading your review makes me want to start up a new game.

Are the managers of Barce and Real still Guardiola and Pellegrini?

Yes mate Pellegrini and Guardiola are still in charge. Knowing that my story has inspired you really does make me happy and also more determined to win the league and Champions League with this team.

September
Liga BBVA
Valencia 3-0 Villarreal
Villa (2), Gourcuff

Valencia 2-0 Hercules
Silva, Pearce

ECC Group
Besiktas 1-1 Valencia
Melo

Liga BBVA
Atletico 1-1 Valencia
Asenjo og

Valencia 1-0 Zaragoza
Muniain

Athletic 1-2 Valencia
Silva, Villa

Month Summary
This has been a very good start to the season. Two confident performances against Villarreal and Hercules have been backed up with grinded out results against Zaragoza and Athletic. The only blemishes are the 1-1 draws with Atletico and Besiktas, both games which we should have performed much better in. However, we are undefeated and still in pole position to challenge for the title and qualify for the knockout round of the Champions League.

October
ECC Group
Valencia 3-1 Lille
Villa (3)

Liga BBVA
Valencia 2-0 Salamanca
Muniain, Rodriguez

Valencia 2-1 Espanyol
Gourcuff, Villa

ECC Group
Arsenal 0-0 Valencia

Liga BBVA
Osasuna 0-1 Valencia
Gourcuff

Spanish Cup
Cultural Leonesa 0-5 Valencia
Gourcuff, Muniain (3), Marcano

Month Summary
An undefeated month seeing the only dropped points in the Champions League away to Arsenal in the form of a draw. I am pleased with this result as we were not meant to stand a chance against this Arsenal team, but we ended up dominating proceedings. Three out of three wins in the league see us sitting pretty at the top of the table having played 8 games and dropping only two points so far. The major success of the past two months is Real Madrid dropping points, as Valencia are 10 points clear of their most dangerous rivals. However, in regards to the Champions League, I aim to win all three remaining games to ensure qualification is secured.

View attachment 27346

Here is a look at some star players this season.

View attachment 27347
View attachment 27349
View attachment 27348
View attachment 27350
View attachment 27351

Hi,

Do you have that as a tactic?

If you are asking what tactics i am using i will be happy to upload it for you.
View attachment 29348

This is how you set up the positions

Goalkeeper - Goalkeeper
Defense Right - Wing Back
Defense Left - Wing Back
Defense Center - Limited Defender
Defense Center - Ball Playing Defender
Defensive Midfield Center - Anchor Man
Midfield Center - Deep Lying Playmaker
Atacking Midfielder Right - Winger
Attacking Midfielder Left - Winger
Attacking Midfielder Center - Advanced Playmaker
Striker - Complete Forward

Hope this helps

NOTE: I am extremely sorry that I have not updated my Valencia story in a week. I have no excuse, I have just been lazy lol. But I have found my motivation again and am back to finish what I begun.

November
Liga BBVA
Valencia 3-0 Xerez
Villa, Muniain, Vargas

ECC
Valencia 4-1 Arsenal
View attachment 29349

Liga BBVA
Almeria 0-0 Valencia

Spanish Cup
Valencia 5-0 Cultural Leonesa
Sissoko, Villa (2), Silva, Marcano

Liga BBVA
Valencia 3-0 Deportivo
Coe, Muniain, Granero

ECC
Valencia 2-0 Besiktas
Villa, Zarate

Liga BBVA
Getafe 3-3 Valencia
Zarate (2), Granero

Summary
A month of relative complacency. Draws against Getafe and Almeria really left me fuming. Firstly, we did not even score against Almeria, no matter what I tried they just wouldn’t slip up. Secondly, we were scoring goals against Getafe, but our defence took a nap! To let in 3 goals and wanting to challenge for the league? No way are we going to win the league if we let in 3 goals in any more games! On a positive note, we qualified for the next round of the Spanish Cup with ease, we qualified for the Knockout stages of the Champions League as well with high quality wins over Arsenal and Besiktas at home.

December
Liga BBVA
Betis 1-1 Valencia
Villa

Valencia 2-0 Racing
Gourcuff (2)

ECC
Lille 1-2 Valencia
Gourcuff, Zarate

Liga BBVA
Celta 1-2 Valencia
Gourcuff, Toulalan

Castellon 0-2 Valencia
Silva, Villa

View attachment 29350 VS View attachment 29351
View attachment 29352

Summary
A very positive month was December. With the only disappointing result being the away draw with Betis, we need to start turning these draws into wins otherwise Real will catch us. Speaking of Real, a devastating draw as 3 points were within grasp, however Soldado popped up on the 89th minute and levelled the game for them, devastating stuff! However, I am pleased that we came away with a point from the Bernabau. At the end of December, we see ourselves 7 points clear of Barcelona, who still have a game in hand. Whilst Real Madrid are 9 points behind! However, they also have a game in hand. If we keep our momentum going into the new year, the league will be ours!

View attachment 29353