VerZa's 4-3-3 - Breaking the record with Southampton

VerZa

Reaction score
VerZa's 4-3-3 v2 - Breaking records with Southampton

Version 3 (Two inside-forwards)

Alright here we go. The third version of VerZa's 4-3-3, now with two inside-forwards instead of one.
Credits to alex21px for testing the tactic. He has had some amazing results with the tactic, and I've had the same. I'd love if you guys could help me test it further and give me some feedback on how I might be able to make it even better or if you find some weak spots.

No OI's!

Have fun!

Alex21px results:
View attachment 917444
View attachment 918816

Link: VerZa's 4-3-3 V3

Version 2

V1 has been removed, as I find v2 the best.

This is the latest version of my tactic. It would be awesome if you guys could help me test it and give me some feedback, or help me tweak it! Keep me posted! :) I've had some amazing results so far.

DL links:

VerZa's V2 Fav_Home AMR(IF)
VerZa's V2 Fav_Home AML(IF)

AMR (IF) means that the AMR is the inside forward, and is supposed to be left footed.
AML (IF) means that the AML is the inside forward, and is supposed to be right footed.

Additional notes:
- I recommend having defenders with decent pace stats.
- Lucas Romero is simply amazing as the roaming playmaker!
- It's important that you select the best players for the specific roles.
- You might have to tweak the PI's for your individual players! For example I've got Wanyama to "shoot more often" as his longshot stats are quite decent. He has scored quite a few times from long shots.

- NO OI's!

And of course, some results. During this season, I've only used version 2:

View attachment 322933View attachment 322932View attachment 322931View attachment 322930View attachment 322929

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training:
Pre-season:
View attachment 328150
During Season:
View attachment 328149

Last edited:
nice one, just won my first game with this tactic 3-1 considering ad lost 4 in a row with crystal palace this tactic finally got me a win and i finally scored, nice work al let you know how i get on through the season

First game with my Gunners team.
Leicester Away. 5-1 to me! (Never happend that I win by that in away games)

Ozil scored 4 (He´s a striker now) and overall good performances.

That full green circle on Romero looks beautiful.

Might have a play with this, am already using a tweaked version of Christians so it would fit in nicely. Ive noticed using the half back with attacking wing backs that spam near post crosses can work to great effect with any team

Latest result: 5-0 win over Man United. Even though I've got some major injuries.

Changed the fullbacks to wingbacks. Seemed to work pretty well.. Especially at home.

I created 25 chances and United only 3!

Tactic looks great im definatly gonna try this with my leeds team,just one thing I know you have put the OI in the OP but is it already incorporated in the tactic or do you manually need to put them in?

Tactic looks great im definatly gonna try this with my leeds team,just one thing I know you have put the OI in the OP but is it already incorporated in the tactic or do you manually need to put them in?

You have to put them in manually :)

Looks very good, did you use any shouts at make any tweaks?

Looks very good, did you use any shouts at make any tweaks?

I'f I'm leading, I prefer telling them to concentrate. I usually don't change anything when I'm leading, but you can set it to control. Let me know what happens if you do, 'cuz I rarely do it.
If I'm behind with one goal, I might un-tick hold onto ball, play out of defense (But that's only when there's 10-15 minutes left) and tell them to go all out in offense.. I've played 3 games of my 4th season, and I've already turned two possible defeats to wins in the last 10 minutes. Versus Spurs and Man City.
Scored in the 80th and the 89th minute versus Spurs and in the 88th and the 90th versus Man City..

Yeah tough starting program for me in the league this season:
Tottenham (away) 2-1 win
Man United (home) 5-0 win
Man City (away) 2-1 win

Last edited:
what do you do if you are the big underdog? do you swap the backs for more defensive backs?

I have alot of games where I'm the underdog and need a solid defensive line!

Do you let the assistant manager set the OI at the beginning of a match too?

what do you do if you are the big underdog? do you swap the backs for more defensive backs?

I have alot of games where I'm the underdog and need a solid defensive line!

I don't change anything really.. The tactic is pretty amazing defensively too, as long as you've got fast defenders. I'm Southampton and I only conceded 19 goals in 38 games in the PL last season. Try using the tactic as it is and see what happens. If it doesn't work, try and tweak it. Or use another tactic versus massive opponents.
I beat Real Madrid on aggregat last season in the CL, without changing anything. 3-1 at home, and lost 2-1 away.

Do you let the assistant manager set the OI at the beginning of a match too?
OI is in the OP.

Last edited:
Is it possible thatyou could mirror this tactic as I have Depay at AML and I think he is perfect for the IF role, not a winger