VerZa's 4-3-3 - Breaking the record with Southampton

I'm testing this with Sunderland, I had no luck in the first few games despite a great pre-season, however, since I changed mentality to control its been very positive. If I can finds how to get and post a screen shot I'll put one up.

Although the fans are less than excited by the style of football, personally I think Sunderland fans should be happy with just winning.

Last edited:
I'm testing this with Sunderland, I had no luck in the first few games despite a great pre-season, however, since I changed mentality to control its been very positive. If I can finds how to get and post a screen shot I'll put one up.

Although the fans are less than excited by the style of football, personally I think Sunderland fans should be happy with just winning.

Hahahahaha! I hear you!

Anyway. Did they have a full understanding of the tactic in the beginning. And Sunderland got some quite slow defenders right? They need to have pace, as you're pressing up high. So if you see a lot of long balls going through, then you know where the problem is.

Thanks for the tactic!

Can you please tell us what set pieces attacking and defending in corners you are using?

Hi,

Maybe a very noobie question but how do i download it? i do follow the link, download but do not have the required tool to open the file.

3 matches in a row without a single highlight in my favor. 3x0-0.

Ill try a bit of attacking movement match prep

Best tactic I've used so far with Saints - 3 seasons in :)

I switch from the left/right side depending on my opponents to.
Just got the park the bus achievement !!!

Last edited:
3 matches in a row without a single highlight in my favor. 3x0-0.

Ill try a bit of attacking movement match prep

Is the familarity fluid?
If not, let it become fluid first :)

And which team are you playing with?

View attachment 327127
Hahahahaha! I hear you!

Anyway. Did they have a full understanding of the tactic in the beginning. And Sunderland got some quite slow defenders right? They need to have pace, as you're pressing up high. So if you see a lot of long balls going through, then you know where the problem is.

They didn't have a full understanding but I start the game at the same time as the German league so I get some extra training time.
They do have slow defenders and the first few results were not good but since changing to control I've gone from strength to strength. Currently lying 4th after 20 games played and through to the semi final of league cup.

Last edited:
Tactic is great thus far :) I have no problems with Depay as my right winger. You said right footed wing on the right and left footed wing on the left, correct? Striker doesn't score many. Could I change his role to something else?

View attachment 327106

Owh, in case you don't know... Ajax and Feyenoord should be equil to me :)

Tactic is great thus far :) I have no problems with Depay as my right winger. You said right footed wing on the right and left footed wing on the left, correct? Striker doesn't score many. Could I change his role to something else?

View attachment 710205

Owh, in case you don't know... Ajax and Feyenoord should be equil to me :)

I prefer that the inside-forward is left-footed if his playing on the right, but if a right-footed inside-forward is working for you, then it's all good :)

You can easily try and switch the strikers role. False 9 is not a bad idea!

Last edited:
So just after Xmas time in my first season I was going really strong with Real Sociedad using another tactic on this forum. Hadn't made any signings and using a lot of youth, I was into the 1st KO of the Europa League and was 3rd in La Liga. I'd lost games but was still up there. Then around mid Feb, I went on a horrendous run of 1 win in my next 8 games that saw me knocked out of Europe as well as drop to 7th in the league. With my own drained morale, not to mention the fact that half my team would only stay if I got Champions League football, I decided to knock it on the head.

98fae3da61c44489c3cf2d81f8efb156.png

Then I found this tactic and thought I'd give it another shot. This happened:

3a8735f5bf88002080bce4d97ff379a2.png

9 wins, 1 draw and 2 loses, seeing me win the Copa del Rey AND pinch 4th place from Real Madrid. Thank god for this tactic. Now 8 games into the 2nd season, I've won every game bar the 2nd leg of the Supacopa Cup to Barca, but I won that on aggregate anyway. The only downside to this tactic is the amount of injuries I've had since using it. In the 8 games this season, I've gotten at least 1 injury every match, with 6 major and 6 minor ones (12 total); going to see what happens if I take of "Get Stuck In", hopefully it helps.

Thanks again :D

So just after Xmas time in my first season I was going really strong with Real Sociedad using another tactic on this forum. Hadn't made any signings and using a lot of youth, I was into the 1st KO of the Europa League and was 3rd in La Liga. I'd lost games but was still up there. Then around mid Feb, I went on a horrendous run of 1 win in my next 8 games that saw me knocked out of Europe as well as drop to 7th in the league. With my own drained morale, not to mention the fact that half my team would only stay if I got Champions League football, I decided to knock it on the head.

98fae3da61c44489c3cf2d81f8efb156.png

Then I found this tactic and thought I'd give it another shot. This happened:

3a8735f5bf88002080bce4d97ff379a2.png

9 wins, 1 draw and 2 loses, seeing me win the Copa del Rey AND pinch 4th place from Real Madrid. Thank god for this tactic. Now 8 games into the 2nd season, I've won every game bar the 2nd leg of the Supacopa Cup to Barca, but I won that on aggregate anyway. The only downside to this tactic is the amount of injuries I've had since using it. In the 8 games this season, I've gotten at least 1 injury every match, with 6 major and 6 minor ones (12 total); going to see what happens if I take of "Get Stuck In", hopefully it helps.

Thanks again :D
ive had the same problem my IF and winger seem to get injured a lot

Just thinking of what PPMs would be good for this in the ideal team. Currently thinking:

GK - Uses Long Throw To Start Counter Attacks
DL/DR - Mark Opponents Tightly, Stay On Feet, Hug The Touchline, Curls Ball
DC - Mark Opponents Tightly, Stay On Feet, Plays Short Passing Game
DM - Mark Opponents Tightly, Plays Short Passing Game, Plays One Twos, Comes Deep To Get Ball
CMs - Tries Killer Balls, Dictates Tempo, Plays One/Twos
Winger - Curls Ball, Runs Down Left/Right, Hugs Line
Inside Forward - Moves into channels, Plays One/Twos, Cuts Inside, Places Shots
ST- Moves into channels, Plays One/Twos, Cuts Inside, Places Shots, Tries To Beast The Offside Trap

That's just a draft ;)

Last edited: