Villas Boas Sacked

As I said in the Chelsea thread, really don't know why they didn't give AVB until the end of the season to turn it around, instead of giving it to Di Matteo.

Was about to post this, guess you beat me to it haha. Anywho, story here via SkySports News:

Chelsea axe Villas-Boas | Chelsea News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

I personally think it's not fair on AVB, the pressure was on his even before he took the job. The Premier League it hard and I wouldn't expect wonders from a manager in their first season. Abramovic should manage Chelsea himself if he thinks it's so easy!

Was always going to happen IMO but like RTW ^ said why not let him stay til' the end of the season?

Mourinho to join in the summer?

Lets keep this thread for next seasons manager

Chelsea managers are dropping like points.

I agree, Mourinho would be the best manager to take charge back at Chelsea but I have a feeling he would go to Tottenham for a new challenge.

And Chelsea are finally the biggest joke in football.

not too surprising but I don't think he should have been sacked. If he was doing equally bad next season then probably but at least give him the summer to really make his own team

Abramovich is so pathetic. The problem were the players, not the manager.

I remember he said AVB will not be sacked when he used to win

It's stupid really, Roman pays £13.3m to buy out his contract at Porto, wanting his to bring instant success to Stamford Bridge. Yet that has all backfired and he's going to lose even more money in compensation to terminate his contract.

I think he's probably quite glad it's over. Really looked like he had lost most of the dressing room and he looked a broken man yesterday.

I don't think any unemployed manager is going to volenteer to take charge of the club. Don't blame them either, Roman's 'beliefs' seem to be if you have no silverware half way through a season then you're going to be sacked.

The manager's aren't the problem, it's the owner doing the damage.

The manager's aren't the problem, it's the owner doing the damage.
I agree the same thing happened at wolves, The chairman sent a statement saying wolves where one of the top sides in the prem even though wolves will always struggle, and he even walked into the dressing room whilst mick was giving a team talk, i deffo think its the owners