Villas Boas Sacked

You, and anyone else who thinks sacking AVB was a good idea, are living proof that what fans call for isn't always the best thing.

Well that's your opinion, the majority i have spoke too or heard on podcasts all back the decision. Its not all his fault but he was not the man to do this job at Chelsea and that showed.

Well that's your opinion, the majority i have spoke too or heard on podcasts all back the decision. Its not all his fault but he was not the man to do this job at Chelsea and that showed.

Majority =/= correct. The majority of people want Harry Redknapp for england!

Majority =/= correct. The majority of people want Harry Redknapp for england!

I don't agree with that, like i said its all about opinions. The way i saw it was he had 2 chances to sell players but didn't. He also had chances to drop players not playing well and he didn't. And like Alex said he was not respectful to the players which is the wrong way to go.

I saw a Guardian poll where ~75% thought it was the wrong decision. i.e. When the poll isn't purely Chelsea fans, the opinion by majority reverses.

I saw a Guardian poll where ~75% thought it was the wrong decision. i.e. When the poll isn't purely Chelsea fans, the opinion by majority reverses.

Wrong decision because we have not been a threat to many sides this season!!! I'd want him to still be there if i supported another side too.

Yes he does but he would have different ideas. Leaving Lampard, Drogba and Cole out for the first game playing a youth player and playing Ramires wide right showed just that already.

How on earth does this show that he has different ideas?!? One of the reasons that AVB was criticised was for leaving out senior players like Lampard and AVB played Ramires out on the right quite of few times and the reason he didn't do it more was that he has also been our most effective CM this season. Also Cole was out injured for the game so I'm pretty sure that AVB would have played Bertrand as well, so all in all it didn't really show he has that different ideas although if Bertrand displaces Cole in future, more important games then that would be one area where he would differ from AVB.

How on earth does this show that he has different ideas?!? One of the reasons that AVB was criticised was for leaving out senior players like Lampard and AVB played Ramires out on the right quite of few times and the reason he didn't do it more was that he has also been our most effective CM this season. Also Cole was out injured for the game so I'm pretty sure that AVB would have played Bertrand as well, so all in all it didn't really show he has that different ideas although if Bertrand displaces Cole in future, more important games then that would be one area where he would differ from AVB.

The way he dealt with them was poor, they are the best players this club has ever seen so they deserve respect and AVB didn't give them that. I agree Ramires has been our best CM this season but in the 2-3 games AVB played him right wing he was our best player so he dropped him deeper?? Also Romeu came in and done a brilliant job making people talk about him and even a move back to the best team in the world!!! Then he gets dropped for what??

The way he dealt with them was poor, they are the best players this club has ever seen so they deserve respect and AVB didn't give them that. I agree Ramires has been our best CM this season but in the 2-3 games AVB played him right wing he was our best player so he dropped him deeper?? Also Romeu came in and done a brilliant job making people talk about him and even a move back to the best team in the world!!! Then he gets dropped for what??
I think you're making too much of this whole 'respect' thing. Yes, Frank Lampard is one of Chelsea's best and most loyal players, but that doesn't mean he can just play every game. I doubt André Villas-Boas would give a reason for dropping players like Ramires or Fernando Torres, so I don't see why it should be any different. Just because they are fans' favourites shouldn't mean they be treated better than everybody else.

- PZW

Last edited:
I feel that under AVB we could have gone onto becoming a great team one day but AVB made mistakes this season and results did not go his way after the 1-0 loss to QPR. Still he is a great coach and next season would have been different for sure if Roman backed him in the summer

At the end of the day it was a mixture of bad luck, poor decisions by Roman etc. that got him the sack

I think you're making too much of this whole 'respect' thing. Yes, Frank Lampard is one of Chelsea's best and most loyal players, but that doesn't mean he can just play every game. I doubt André Villas-Boas would give a reason for dropping players like Ramires or Fernando Torres, so I don't see why it should be any different. Just because they are fans' favourites shouldn't mean they be treated better than everybody else.

- PZW

I never said he shouldn't be dropped and when ever he was dropped he never moaned about it or the manager. My issue is when he continues to play Meireles ahead of him although he was playing more poorly than Lampard was. Also i never said he should be treated differently but he does deserve some sort of respect because like you saw he didn't get it the fans will also turn because of what Lampard has done for this football club.

He should of earned AVB's respect and worked harder to show that he deserved a starting spot. If you don't treat your manager with any respect you can't expect to get much back.