Villas Boas Sacked

Hopefully this is the start of the demise of Chelsea as a top four club.

8th manager in 5 years. Shocking.

Why they even got rid of Avram Grant (2nd in the Premier League, 2nd in the Carling Cup, Runner-up (lost on penalties) in the Champions League, in his first season), is beyond me.

lol at chelsea its the players who you should sack not your manager XD

Hopefully this is the start of the demise of Chelsea as a top four club.

What and the fans deserve that??

8th manager in 5 years. Shocking.

Why they even got rid of Avram Grant (2nd in the Premier League, 2nd in the Carling Cup, Runner-up (lost on penalties) in the Champions League, in his first season), is beyond me.

By all accounts he wasen't strong enough to be manager and a lot was left to the bigger players i.e Drogba, Terry and Lampard.

Ray wilkins has just said on SSN

Rafa taking over would only be a step backwards because he is a '4-4-2 Merchant'

Did he not play Torres up front on his own for 4 years and got him his repuatation.. Ray wilkins is clueless.

Cech
Ivanovic - Terry - Luiz - Cole
Essien - Ramires
Sturridge - Lampard - Mata
Torres

would be an indentical set up as was at liverpool, but with slightly better players..

Expected this after Napoli, or even before.

One cannot say that this wasn't expected, it was just a matter of time when Abramovich decided he was sick of the current manager and kicked him out.

Many are being linked with Chelsea at the moment... By the end of next week, we will know for sure, who is the new man "in charge" of Chelsea.

The manager's aren't the problem, it's the owner doing the damage.

Don't think that is the case at all. Roman paid the man a lot of money to change this squad and make them entertaining yet he got rid of Zhirkov, Alex and Anelka and that is it from the old guard in 2 full transfer windows??? Ok now moving on, he decided to keep the older players for his own reasons but then decided he wanted to drop them which would have been fine but he did it in the wrong way. Instead of saying, look you lot are still in my plans and very much needed here but i want you to help the younger players through when they play instead of you. Once he got old/big ego players against him there was no going back but that is where its the players fault. When you cross that white line you play for the club whether you don't like the manager/players or fans. In my eyes it in terms of blame it goes AVB>Players>Men in suits i.e yes men>Roman.

Guys any idea on where avb is bound to go next? DO you think this scenario is possible - Jose joins the blues and avb goes to real??

Ray wilkins has just said on SSN

Rafa taking over would only be a step backwards because he is a '4-4-2 Merchant'

Did he not play Torres up front on his own for 4 years and got him his repuatation.. Ray wilkins is clueless.

Cech
Ivanovic - Terry - Luiz - Cole
Essien - Ramires
Sturridge - Lampard - Mata
Torres

would be an indentical set up as was at liverpool, but with slightly better players..

Lampard behind the striker dosen't work, never has done never will do. Mata needs to play that role which means we need a left winger who can actually pass, cross and shoot. Ramires is wasted when played deep, he needs to be able to run at defences to get the best out of him.

Guys any idea on where avb is bound to go next? DO you think this scenario is possible - Jose joins the blues and avb goes to real??

Nope not a chance, think he will end up with Inter Milan as they wanted him in the summer but didn't want to pay the buy out clause.

What and the fans deserve that??

I suppose I should also mention, you don't have a divine right to be a top four club, the way you are playing you don't deserve it, the way you are ran you don't deserve it, and it's not like you have the most vocal fans in the country, so I am unsure how not finishing in the top four is 'undeserving for the fans', you didn't see Newcastle fans turn against the club when we got relegated, we still got nearly 50k a week turn up when we were in the championship, we kept on to our best players and we worked back to where we are now. Maybe a few seasons of not playing champions league football might be the reality check your team, owner and fans need.

Don't think that is the case at all. Roman paid the man a lot of money to change this squad and make them entertaining yet he got rid of Zhirkov, Alex and Anelka and that is it from the old guard in 2 full transfer windows??? Ok now moving on, he decided to keep the older players for his own reasons but then decided he wanted to drop them which would have been fine but he did it in the wrong way. Instead of saying, look you lot are still in my plans and very much needed here but i want you to help the younger players through when they play instead of you. Once he got old/big ego players against him there was no going back but that is where its the players fault. When you cross that white line you play for the club whether you don't like the manager/players or fans. In my eyes it in terms of blame it goes AVB>Players>Men in suits i.e yes men>Roman.

Getting rid of your old guard is not possible in 2 transfer windows considering the wages they are on. No team (Bar few obvious ones) will match that wages and the teams that can have better players than the old guards.

And once again the locker room egos win the battle, it's incredible how in football you can pass from a genius to a tactical iliterate coach. It is very clear that the players did not want him there, specially the older ones. I can only predict a few more years winning ... nothing.

Now that he has been sacked do you think Roberto Di Matteo will be able to do a decent job and ensure them a top 4 place atleast??

I suppose I should also mention, you don't have a divine right to be a top four club, the way you are playing you don't deserve it, the way you are ran you don't deserve it, and it's not like you have the most vocal fans in the country, so I am unsure how not finishing in the top four is 'undeserving for the fans', you didn't see Newcastle fans turn against the club when we got relegated, we still got nearly 50k a week turn up when we were in the championship, we kept on to our best players and we worked back to where we are now. Maybe a few seasons of not playing champions league football might be the reality check your team, owner and fans need.

How is not being the most vocal fans a problem and should be used against us?? Like many away fans these days we are very loud away from home and on more occasions than not we sell out Stamford Bridge. I'm not saying we have a divine right because the side who gets it will deserve it and so far this season we don't deserve it no.

Getting rid of your old guard is not possible in 2 transfer windows considering the wages they are on. No team (Bar few obvious ones) will match that wages and the teams that can have better players than the old guards.

La Galaxy were willing to take Lampard in the summer nothing happend. Anji were willing to take Malouda and/or Drogba nothing happened. A couple of Chinease clubs were willing to take Drogba in January yet again nothing happend. All these clubs could afford these players wages without a doubt.

La Galaxy were willing to take Lampard in the summer nothing happend. Anji were willing to take Malouda and/or Drogba nothing happened. A couple of Chinease clubs were willing to take Drogba in January yet again nothing happend. All these clubs could afford these players wages without a doubt.

cheers Roman.

I dont think there was any substance in Lampard and Galaxy rumors, same with Anzi and Malouda.

Also getting rid of all the experienced players at once would have been heights of stupidity.

I dont think there was any substance in Lampard and Galaxy rumors, same with Anzi and Malouda.

Also getting rid of all the experienced players at once would have been heights of stupidity.

I would usually agree but he got rid of none?? One he did get rid of was Anelka who out of the older players was looking like Messi compared to them. The Galaxy directer or whatever has already said Lamps is on their radar.