Amazing result mate couldn't believe my eyes to be honest!!

November update in a bit with our Champions League group the main focus obviously!!

Good result vs Madrid. Done the same with my Wigan side in second side beat them 2-1 away

January 2014

transferdeadlineday1.jpg

Deadline day madness as I struggle to squeeze through two deals
Play just 2 games this month
Couple of departures

Transfers

View attachment 367457

So I spent a fair bit of cash most of it to bring in my favorite player from FM12 Carlos Fierro who cost me a whopping fee of £15m but we all know how good he becomes!! I also brought in two regens in the forms of Cedric Berard, a defensive midfielder from Lille who looks immense and Ignacio Larrosa a forward player who looks like he could make waves in Holland for sure. I also loaned in Juve's Leo Bonatini but when I signed Fierro and Larrosa I cancelled the loan.

Leaving us was Havenaar, that deal had been in place for a while. Tomas Necid was also offloaded, he was on high wages and has been poor this season. Kruska was also sold when I snapped up Berard.

Cedric Berard

View attachment 367459

Got some great stats already for a 19 year old. Improve his passing and he'll be a very solid ball winning midfielder.

Ignacio Larrosa

View attachment 367460

Again for such a low fee you really can't go wrong. Already got him working on his composure, to match up with his impressive finishing stat.

Carlos Fierro

View attachment 367461

Everybodys favorite little Mexican. Love this guy, providing he develops well he could lead the line for many years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Vitesse 3 - 1 Feyenoord

J.Bruma, van Ginkel, Eneramo

View attachment 367463

Very good win coming back from the winter break. Looked sharp and clinical, Jeffrey Bruma is a constant threat from set pieces.

Roda JC 2 - 3 Vitesse

J.Bruma(2), Bonatini

View attachment 367464

Absolutely thrilling match here which could have gone either way. On paper we should have smashed Roda JC but they proved a stern test. Big Jeffrey Bruma netting twice and Bonatini scoring a very imporant goal before I cancelled the loan deal. If we win the league I might look back on that goal as incredibly important!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a very short month in terms of games but the main talking point will be the transfers. Providing Fierro and Larrosa develop they could be my strike force for many years. So what to do with Eneramo in the summer... the guy is a beast but I play with just one striker. I have a few months to decide I suppose.

Either way Eneramo was just meant to be a stop gap until I could find a world class striker and Fierro can develop into that but if I sell Eneramo in the summer results could suffer next season.

Player of the Month

Jeffrey Bruma

article_de07afc647aeff1b_1372340501_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

3 goals in 2 games for the big man. Top performances.

Table

View attachment 367465

Still top with PSV now our main rivals. Ajax are nearly out of it really. Going to be incredibly tight again!!​

February 2014

VitNec%20-%20Piet%20(Small).JPG

Big game against PSV in the league
Solid league form continues
Match against Celtic in the Champions League tight...

League

Vitesse 2 - 0 PSV

Bruma, Robson-Kanu

View attachment 367536

Huge game and a massive win. Winger Bruma gave us an early lead and it was really to and fro until PSV got the red card. Hal Robson-Kanu secured a massive win for us.

NEC 3 - 4 Vitesse

Piazon, van Ginkel(2), Fierro

View attachment 367537

Crazy game!!! We so nearly threw it away. I really wasn't too impressed with our defending in the second half but the win was the main thing!!

sc Heerenveen 1 - 1 Vitesse

Barry

We were heading for defeat here until Gareth Barry netted in the 83rd minute to keep my hopes of an undefeated season alive!!

Vitesse 3 - 1 Zwolle

Juelsgard(2), van Ginkel

Nice win here with left back Juelsgard netting twice!! Guys an absolute beast. van Ginkel scores yet again, really has improved his goal scoring this season.

Vitesse 3 - 0 ADO Den Haag

Ibarra, Uvini, Hazard

Really good result here, I rested a lot of first team players here with the Celtic game in mind...

RKC 1 - 4 Vitesse

J.Bruma, Hazard, Fierro(2)

We were one nil down here at half-time. I gave the lads a bollocking and they really turned it around. Jeffrey Bruma scoring a header once again. Thorgan Hazard netted in the 52nd minute to put us in the lead. Then Carlos Fierro turned it up a notch netting twice within 2 minutes to put us further in the lead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

First Knockout Round 1st Leg

Celtic 1 - 0 Vitesse

Really don't know what to make of this result :/ I feel like we could have won but we also done well to keep it at 1-0. Would have liked an away goal though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthy Review

So a pretty good month all round. Huge win over Vitesse and some really solid results in the league. In the Champions League I feel like we can beat Celtic by more than one goal at home, I just don't feel too great about not having that away goal as my defensive record isn't the best.

New boy Fierro really impressed me this month, Jeffrey Bruma has been a tank at the back all year round and Jesper Juelsgard is fast becoming my favorite left back.

Player of the Month

Carlos Fierro

fierro.jpg

To come in to a team straight away and net 3 goals in 5 appearances is a great start.

Table

View attachment 367538

So we've pulled clear of PSV now!! Ajax have been awful this season. So with 10 games left we're 8 points clear!!​

Issues with Celtic again, Sam? ;)

Decent month in the league though mate.

Great league form. Hope you can win the second leg against Celtic

Great signings wish I can follow your footsteps. Im doing a story with someone else and im managing Vitesse. Won the league in 1st season!

Keep it up

Great signings wish I can follow your footsteps. Im doing a story with someone else and im managing Vitesse. Won the league in 1st season!

Keep it up
Yeah I've seen that story great achievement winning it in the first season considering you sold Bony too!!

Inspired me to do a Dutch save with PSV!
Awesome the Dutch league is really fun I've found :)

Great league form. Hope you can win the second leg against Celtic
Cheers mate

Issues with Celtic again, Sam?

Decent month in the league though mate.
Haha shhh still beat them with Chelsea ;)

March 2013

image-3633736.JPG

Finally lose a league match annoyingly!!
Celtic brushed aside, we get Real Madrid in the next round
PSV falter, the league is surely ours

League

Vitesse 4 - 0 Heracles

van Ginkel(4)

View attachment 367661

Marco van Ginkel has taken massive strides this season and really showed his class in this game netting a whopping four goals against relegation threatened Heracles.

Vitesse 3 - 0 FC Emmen

Kashia, Eneramo(2)

Solid enough performance here against the minnows. Guram Kashia netting a header and Eneramo netting twice to impress me.

VVV 4 - 2 Vitesse

Larrosa, Robson-Kanu

View attachment 367662

Rested numerous first teamers but we still should have got something from here. Real shame but at least Larrosa netted his first goal for the club and looked sharp.

AZ 2 - 4 Vitesse

Kashia, Robson-Kanu, Juelsgard, Piazon

Nice selection of scorers here as we put in a nice performance away from home against tough opposition. Juelsgard on the score sheet yet again with a penalty.

Vitesse 2 - 1 FC Utrect

van Ginkel, Juelsgard

Juelsgard scores yet again!! A late penalty to give us the three points!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Vitesse 4 - 2 Celtic
(4-3 on agg)

Juelsgard, Fierro(2), Bruma

View attachment 367663

Yes!! We're through. It swung both ways in an extraordinary second half but Carlos Fierro netted twice to send us through with that boy Juelsgard scoring ANOTHER goal!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Really disappointed to lose to VVV to wreck my hopes of an unbeaten season but we made up for it by sweeping away everyone else in our path Jesper Juelsgard has netted 10 goals from left back and 11 assists to boot. Just amazing stuff.

In the Champions League I always fancied ourselves against Celtic and we smashed them in the first half but I was a bit nervy when they scored but goals from Fierro and Bruma gave us some breathing space, Celtic netted late on to set up a nervy few final minutes but we saw it out. Here's the Quarter Final draw where we face our old friends Real Madrid!!

View attachment 367665

Some real tasty ties but I think this is where our Champions League run ends, we've done amazing to get this far.

Also youth intake time this month, bit disappointing but there's one lad who looks alright:

Tristan Vogels

View attachment 367666

Shame he wont get a look in as long as I hold on to van Ginkel.

Player of the Month

Jesper Juelsgard

JUELSGAARD.jpg

Been sensational all season, just an immense left back. Bargain when I signed him for £2m his value is at £5m but it would take a lot more than that to make me want to part with him.

Table

View attachment 367668

It would take a spectacular collapse to stop us securing the clubs very first Eredivisie title.​

April & May 2014

eredivisie-trophy.jpg

Win the league after we smash Ajax away from home
Real Madrid prove too strong but we gave them a run for all their Billions
Finish our season in good form

League

Vitesse 4 - 2 NAC Breda

Larrosa, Ibarra, Uvini, Piazon

This match was in between the two Madrid ties so I was glad to rest key players and still win.

Ajax 1 - 4 Vitesse

Ocampos(OG), Eneramo, Ake, Ibarra

View attachment 367763

A stunning win which in turn meant we finally won the title!! Great to win it with a stunning win over the previous title holders.

Vitesse 3 - 0 FC Groningen

van Ginkel, Ake, Fierro

Solid win here with van Ginkel netting again and Ake gets himself on the scoresheet. Fierro scored in the second half after I sent him on.

Vitesse 1 - 1 FC Twente

J.Bruma

We were in control for the whole game but couldn't increase our lead and Twente punished us late on. They've had an awful year mind.

Feyenoord 0 - 1 Vitesse

J.Bruma

Final game of the season looked like it was heading for a bore draw until big centre back Jeffrey Bruma netted a header late on to finish our season with a win!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Quarter Final 1st Leg

Vitesse 2 - 1 Real Madrid

van Ginkel, Fierro

View attachment 367776

This result proves that our win over them in the group stages was no fluke. We matched them all over the pitch, but sadly Juelsgard misses a penalty which would have sent us 3-1 up!!

Real Madrid 2 - 0 Vitesse
3-2 on agg

View attachment 367784

Sadly our superb Champions League run came to an end here. They deserved it but I can't help but feel if Juelsgard had netted that penalty things might have been different.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A superb month. Winning the title against Ajax was a fitting touch. They're losing Eriksen on a free to Inter this summer so they're going to be pretty average next season unless they find a good replacement. Can't believe they let his contract run out like that.

Bad side was obviously crashing out of the Champions League but heck what a run we had considering it was our first season competing on the grand stage!!

Player of the Month

Jeffrey Bruma

Netherlands+U21+v+Slovakia+U21+Under+21+European+H8lqnar2dGTl.jpg

Mr Consistant has had another superb month. Well worth the £10m I signed him for at the start on my first season.

Final Table and Player Stats

View attachment 367785View attachment 367786

So to have 3 of our players in the top 5 average ratings was sensational and the fact Eriksen is top of that speaks volumes of the loss Ajax will suffer next season. Gareth Barry had the best pass completion rate and I have signed him down for another year after impressing me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be doing an end of season awards post in a couple of hours lads :) hope you enjoyed this season I know I did!!! Feel free to drop the thread a rating too =]

Done but there wasnt anything lower than 1 star:p . . . . . . . . . . not really!

End Of Season 2013/14

266795hp2.jpg

Golden Boot

Marco van Ginkel

View attachment 367982

So Marco van Ginkel wins the Golden Boot, the most prestigious award in Holland. Great to see him recognised for his amazing efforts this season.

Young Player of the Year

Marco van Ginkel

View attachment 367983

So Marco wins this one too. Cleaning up!!! Bruma came third.

Managers Player of the Year

Jeffrey Bruma

View attachment 367984

The big man was amazing this season with 8 goals in the league from 22 appearances. Also a 7.84 average rating, simply outstanding.

Managers Young Player of the Year

Marco van Ginkel

View attachment 367985

Really stepped it up this season netting 15 goals in 30 league appearances!! Also 6 assists. Incredible year for the young lad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad Report

View attachment 367986View attachment 367987

So it was a fantastic season for some of the lads. The likes of Juelsgard, Jeffrey Bruma, Kashia and van Ginkel were amazing. Ake impressed on loan and Bruno Uvini did really well when called upon. Bruma had a good first season with us too. Barry proved to be a good signing too.

As you can see Robson-Kanu and Piazon shared the spoils on the left wing with neither really outstanding both netting 7 goals and Robson-Kanu getting just one more assist. Its an area I will look to improve in the summer I think.

Also Theo Janssen has decided to retire, great player but didn't see much game time this year.​

Birch Takes Charge Of Norway

200px-Norway_national_football_team_logo.png

After the World Cup I've applied for a few International jobs. I rejected Cameroon and Peru, still waiting to hear back from Australia. Here's the Euro Qualification Group, seems simple enough:

View attachment 368027

Only Russia strike fear into me but even they're not too great.

International Ranking: 21st

Story seemed kinda dead which is why I stopped writing it. Might do a Southampton one if people would be interested??

Story seemed kinda dead which is why I stopped writing it. Might do a Southampton one if people would be interested??

i hate southampton but if thats who you wanna be do it ill still follow however maybe try Villa with Benteke Weimann plus few good new signings like Okore and also could you please check my story out called Fulham- This is our time its not the best but advice and comments are needed thank you

i hate southampton but if thats who you wanna be do it ill still follow however maybe try Villa with Benteke Weimann plus few good new signings like Okore and also could you please check my story out called Fulham- This is our time its not the best but advice and comments are needed thank you
Checked out your Fulham story you're doing fine pal :)

Not a huge Villa fan tbh. Not sure what to do tbh :/