Not sure you can sell Bony for 20m+.

He was worth 8m for me 3rd season WOLFSBURG and I sold him for 16m to Chelsea ...

Not sure you can sell Bony for 20m+.

He was worth 8m for me 3rd season WOLFSBURG and I sold him for 16m to Chelsea ...

you defo can in first season twice ive been Vitesse and both times Tottenham enquire and i ask for 20-25 million and both times they accept but i still reject lol

July 2013

345885header.jpg

(Did Bony wave goodbye this month?)

Big moves in the transfer market
Handed a measly £2.5m
Champions League qualifier draw matches us up against Standard Leige

Transfers So Far

View attachment 365661

So yes Bony DID leave. I got a pretty good fee for him, although my transfer budget was only boosted by 30% of that. I made some very good loan signings though and also managed to finally secure a man I've been chasing for ages in Bruma.

Leaving was a number of people, including some I signed in January who just wont make the cut now. Bit of profit made though.

Here's the new Vitas'!!

Thorgan Hazard

View attachment 365662

Loaned him in January but cancelled it straight away as he picked up a lengthy injury. Versatility will be a massive help.

Kelvin Leerdam

View attachment 365663

Great deal snapping him up on a free. Very versatile again and young.

Bruno Uvini

View attachment 365666

Signed on a free again, great little squad player.

Jonathan Spector

View attachment 365668

Again free and versatile. Can't really go wrong with it!!

Michael Eneramo

View attachment 365671

Bony's temporary replacement till I can find someone better, doesn't look too shabby. Again on a free.

Nathan Ake

View attachment 365675

Kalas moved to Newcastle on a loan so I went for Ake instead, helps he's Dutch too.

Bruma

View attachment 365678

My big signing. Always wanted to sign and try to develop him, big shoes to fill after Bebe last year ;)

Josh McEachran

View attachment 365680

Everytime I've managed Chelsea I've never been able to give Josh decent game time. He'll get it here and hopefully it'll help himself and Chelsea in the future.

Lucas Piazon

View attachment 365681

Another loanee from Chelsea, versatile once more and a great little player.

Ivan Balliu

View attachment 365682

Great little Spanish defender, used to play for Barca B side so that says something. Another player signed for less than his value.

Pape Souare

View attachment 365683

Great little loanee signing here. Contract runs out at the end of the year and I'll be looking to try and nail him down here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results

Just two games this month, so lets get into them!!

John Cruijff Shield

Ajax 2 - 1 Vitesse

Van Ginkel

View attachment 365688

Kinda like the Charity Shield of Holland. Very tight game but Eriksen was the difference here. I wasn't able to field my strongest side due to fitness so I feel like we can compete with Ajax this year!!

Champions League Qualifier Round Three 1st Leg

Standard 0 - 3 Vitesse

Janssen, Eneramo, Juelsgard

View attachment 365689

Fantastic win, team seemed to look much better here than against Ajax. Basically wrapped up this round of the qualifiers bar a complete **** up at home against them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Not used to starting the season so early!! Had to cram in friendlies and with players still coming and going it was very hard to field a fully fit and strong line up against Ajax. I'm glad I did let Bony go though, no regrets yet but who knows. We are without a ''super striker'' but with Bruma and Piazon swinging in crosses for Eneramo and Necid I think we'll be okay.

In other news we made a huge loss last year due to my signings, but we did enjoy a huge boost in rep.

View attachment 365690View attachment 365691

Thats it for now. No player of the month as it would be pretty pointless. Would love to see if you guys think I did the right thing in selling Bony though :)

Pretty busy market. As regards Bony, it ll depends on how well his replacemt performs, so if you find the right player and make a profit it is a win-win situation.

Does the chairman not inject money in to balance the books? I thought Vitesse had a "sugardaddy" owner.

think you got good money for Bony but dont know if the current strikers you have at the club are enough to give you that fire power to kick on but you never know we will have to wait and see

think you got good money for Bony but dont know if the current strikers you have at the club are enough to give you that fire power to kick on but you never know we will have to wait and see
Yeah they aren't as good so other players from midfield will have to step up!! Don't wanna be a one man team anyway ;)

Does the chairman not inject money in to balance the books? I thought Vitesse had a "sugardaddy" owner.
He did inject £4m last season but I want the club to become self-reliant.

Pretty busy market. As regards Bony, it ll depends on how well his replacemt performs, so if you find the right player and make a profit it is a win-win situation.
Yeah squad needed gutting tbh now we're competing for the title and in the Champions League

August 2013

Vitesse_-Roda_JC..011.18faea_550_450_w_default.jpg

Make just one more addition to the squad
Breeze past Standard in CL Qualifier, but Lyon waited for us in the last hurdle before Group Stages
Nice start in the league

League

Vitesse 2 - 0 Roda JC

Ibarra, Bruma

Nice start to the league season with a solid win over a side who caused us troubles last year. Bruma scored on his league debut too :)

PSV 1 - 1 Vitesse

van Ginkel

Ahhh my sworn enemy after last season. A tight game in which van Ginkel gave us the lead but PSV scored in the second half in a tight game.

Vitesse 3 - 0 NEC

Piazon, van Ginkel, Eneramo

We continue our good record over our rivals in a simple win, Piazon scored his first league goal for the club as did Eneramo.

Zwolle 1 - 1 Vitesse

Necid

A massive scare here, I rested many players due to a Champions League qualifier just days before and after. Still a shocking result against the minnows, an 80th minute goal from Necid spared us an awful defeat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Third Qualifying Round 2nd Leg

Vitesse 4 - 1 Standard

Hazard(2), van Ginkel(2)

View attachment 366258

A great win here to secure a spot in the final qualifying stage. Hazard and van Ginkel were amazing here!!

Fourth Qualifying Round 1st Leg

Lyon 1 - 1 Vitesse

Piazon

View attachment 366273

Hmm I really didn't know what to expect. We all know how good Lyon used to be but they have fallen from grace somewhat in recent years. A very tight game, they probably deserved a win but they had a man sent off and missed a penalty!!

Fourth Qualifying Round 2nd Leg

Vitesse 3 - 1 Lyon

Eneramo(2), McEachran

View attachment 366280

******* get in there!! I fancy our chances against most teams at home bar the real big sides in Europe. This was a fantastic win with Eneramo showing everyone what they can do and Josh McEachran bagged himself his first goal for the team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a pretty good start in the league, obviously disappointed in the Zwolle game but it was important I rested my important players for the Lyon game and it obviously paid off!! Now lets have a look at the draw for our group anyway...

View attachment 366291

Not that bad!! We beat Kiev in the Europa League last season so third is a possibility.

Anyway I did mention I made one more signing, in the form of Hal Robson-Kanu. Here's the updated list of my transfers and a screenie of Robson-Kanu:

View attachment 366294View attachment 366295

Couple more left and I felt we needed another natural LW other that Piazon so I snapped up the second best Welsh left winger ;)

Player of the Month

Marco van Ginkel

marco-van-ginkel(vitesse)(4).jpg

Justin Bierbe wannabe was a tad disappointing last year but has burst out the traps this year with 5 goals already!! He scored 8 last season!!

Table

View attachment 366296

Last years surprise package VVV have had a terrible start!! ADO Den Haag have made a great start though.​

Vitesse sign Gareth Barry

gareth_barry_371747a.jpg

Vitesse manager Sam Birch has today announced the capture of England midfielder Gareth Barry. Barry has played for Aston Villa and English giants Manchester City. He's also been capped 53 times scoring 3 times. He signs on a free after being release by City this summer at the age of 32. He signs a 1 year contract on £47k a week becoming Vitesse's highest ever earner.

Here's manager Sam Birch's take on the situation:

''I'm delighted to welcome Gareth to the set-up here at Vitesse. He's a top player who's played for one of the biggest clubs in the world at Man City and I'm pleased he can bring his knowledge and experience here to Vitesse. Yes he's on a large wage but if you want someone of Gareth's stature you have to pay for it. Hopefully he help us in our charge for the Eredivisie title this season. Thank You.''

Many fans have mixed emotions about the signing but all agree to get someone of Barry's experience, versatility and quality on a free its a good deal.

September 2013

tumblr_m4u06hxbzM1rtcbl8o1_500.jpg

Good league from continues with some tight wins
Okay start in the Champions League
Who needs Bony when we have Eneramo?

League

ADO Den Haag 2 - 3 Vitesse

Kashia, Eneramo, Juelsgard

Very tight game, we took they lead through centre back Kashia when just after ADO equalised. Then just before the break Eneramo to take us to half time in the lead. Just after though ADO pulled one back again!!! Then Juelsgard, our left bacl, scored a stunning free-kick in the 56th minute and we held on thank God. ADO have been good so far this season so I was glad to get a win over them.

Vitesse 1 - 0 sc Heerenveen

Eneramo

Very tight game decided by a header from the big man up top Eneramo who's done a superb job replacing Bony so far.

Vitesse 3 - 0 RKC

Eneramo, Barry, J.Bruma

Good solid win over one of those dangerous teams in the Eredivisie, you have to stay disciplined and respect them. Eneramo scores again with Gareth Barry netting his first goal for the club. Jeffrey Bruma scored late on to secure the win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNVB Cup

Second Round

Vitesse 1 - 1 ADO '20

Robson-Kanu

View attachment 366907

Disgraceful performance. Very lucky to, having to go all the way to penalties against such minnows is embarrassing. Thankfully our boys kept their nerve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Dynamo Kiev 1 - 1 Vitesse

Hazard

View attachment 366908

Not a bad result I suppose away from home, we were heading for defeat until substitute Thorgan Hazard came on to score. He's been impressive since joining.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Not a bad month by any means, struggled a bit with mid-week games but we scrapped through in the cup and maintained our solid start in the league. I was happy to get a draw against Kiev away from home, but we have to two big guns up next in Benfica and Real Madrid and I'm fearing a drubbing in both games to be honest.

In the league all the big guns have made solid starts unfortunately so I think its going to be another tight season I think, second would be nice again so we can maintain Champions League football.

Player of the Month

Michael Eneramo

michael-eneramo.jpg

Been beasting and feasting since he joined, done well replacing fan favourite Bony.

Tables

View attachment 366909View attachment 366910

Top in both!!! Somehow I don't think it'll continue in the Champions League with us facing the two big guns next month. In the league it'll come down to how we perform against those around us. Bit of a lottery really.​

Being a City fan I'm loving the signing of Barry! Been one of our most reliable and consistent players in the past few seasons, so I hope he does well for you :).

Eneramo seems to be a superb stop gap replacement for Bony as well, if his form continues he could save you a few million on looking for a proper replacement, and maybe give you room to develop a youngster.

Being a City fan I'm loving the signing of Barry! Been one of our most reliable and consistent players in the past few seasons, so I hope he does well for you :).

Eneramo seems to be a superb stop gap replacement for Bony as well, if his form continues he could save you a few million on looking for a proper replacement, and maybe give you room to develop a youngster.
Not a huge fan of Barry IRL but he's doing a good job for me at Vitesse :)

Eneramo has been immense to be fair, good stop gap until I find a younger better player.

October update in a bit including two amazing results in the champions league :D

October 2013

media_xll_1524688.jpg

Two stunning results in the Champions League
Much better performance in the cup
Ourselves and Ajax pulling away from the chasing pack once more

League

Heracles 0 - 1 Vitesse

Necid

Tomas Necid hasn't impressed much but saved our skins here with a goal in the 74th minute. Must do better in the league can't keep scraping games like this.

FC Emmen 1 - 3 Vitesse

van Ginkel, Necid, Robson-Kanu

Much better. Emmen are the new boys in the league and got a pasting here, lucky they kept the score respectable.

Vitesse 1 - 0 VVV

Robson-Kanu

Last season's surprise package VVV have struggled this season. Robson-Kanu's goal early on won it for us in a boring game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNVB Cup

Vitesse 4 - 1 Willem II

Juelsgard, Lucas Piazon, J.Bruma, Hazard

Much better cup performance here as we swept aside Willem. Potential tie against Ajax awaits though if they win their game :/. Piazon's goal here was stunning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Vitesse 1 - 0 Benfica

Eneramo

View attachment 367125

What a result for us. Eneramo netted early on and we actually played very well, game was incredibly even but we held on!!

Vitesse 1 - 0 Real Madrid

Juelsgard(PEN)

View attachment 367126

WOW. Just amazing, never saw this coming I honestly thought we were going to get smashed but we competed with them and even though they had their chances they couldn't take them. Dani Carvajal fouled Tomas Necid and left back Juelsgard stepped up and smashed home the penalty. Madrid kept knocking and Ronaldo had a goal disallowed in the 88th minute but we actually beat them!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Easily my best month in charge so far with those results in the Champions League. Beating Benfica was a surprise but the Madrid result was just sensational. We rode our luck in both games but I've said it in the past I fancy ourselves against anyone at home!!

In the league we seem to gathering some momentum and are pulling away from the pack but Ajax are still going to be right up there at the end of the year, we will need to beat them at least once this season in the league to win the title.

We also got a new feeder club in the shape of Dinamo Zagreb the Croatian side, brilliant little club who can hopefully produce a few decent Croats for us to pinch!!

View attachment 367139

Player of the Month

Jeffrey Bruma

0,,10268~7870685,00.jpg

The £10m man has been amazing this month and had the game of his life against Madrid lining up against Ronaldo and Benzema.

Tables

View attachment 367137View attachment 367138

Still top of both!!! With ourselves basically guaranteed at least third in the Champions League second has now become my target!! In the league we're pulling clear of PSV and AZ, hopefully Ajax will mess up but its not looking likely!!​

Great result against Madrid. Congrats!
Amazing result mate couldn't believe my eyes to be honest!!

November update in a bit with our Champions League group the main focus obviously!!

November 2013

vitesse-arnhem-home-football-shirt-2000-2001-s_4431_1.jpg

Just four games this month
Two more Champions League games as we head to Madrid
Play Ajax in the league in a huge match

League

Vitesse 2 - 1 AZ Alkmaar

Kashia, J.Bruma

Such a close match, Kashia gave us a lead after Jeffrey Bruma flicked on a corner to the back post where the big Georgian headed home. AZ equalised just before half-time. Then we were banging on the door for the rest of the game and thank the Lord Janssen swung in ANOTHER corner and big Jeffrey Bruma headed home in the 87th minute as I fist pumped in delight!!

Vitesse 3 - 1 Ajax

Bruma, Eneramo, Piazon

View attachment 367211

What a result. We tore them to shreds, they've actually had an awful month in general I don't knpw why. But Portugese winger Bruma was sensational here bagging a great solo goal to open the scoring. Then he danced past their left back and swung in a delightful cross for Eneramo to head home. Ajax pulled one back but a late Lucas Piazon goal secured the three points and a huge win for us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Real Madrid 2 - 0 Vitesse

View attachment 367214

This was more subdued than the previous game against them. A mad 3 minutes in which they bagged twice handed us our first defeat in the Champions League. We did play well though. More importantly though Benfica actually drew with Dynamo so providing we beat Dynamo at home we qualify from our group!!!

Vitesse 2 - 1 Dynamo Kiev

Eneramo, Bruma

View attachment 367213

YES!!! It was stupidly nerve wracking, especially when we fell behind. But that boy Bruma had a top game once more to help us qualify from our group!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A brilliant month once more. Big win over Ajax and qualify from our Champions League group!! I never thought we would get out of that group as Benfica are a crazy good side but those two sensational wins at home last month were absolutely amazing.

Back in the league Ajax have really slipped up but PSV have turned it up a notch and gone on a brilliant run. We face a tough month in December with all our games being away from home. Could be deciding as to how our season goes in the league.

Player of the Month

Bruma

200px-Bruma_(1).jpg

The Portugese man has been immense this month scoring some decisive goals. Seems to have turned it up a notch this month, hopefully it can continue.

Tables

View attachment 367215View attachment 367216

As you can see Ajax have picked up just one point this month!! PSV have taken over them with ourselves top by 3 points with a game in hand. In the Champions League the Benfica match in December is pointless as Real will surely smash Dynamo. I'll rest players in that Benfica match for sure.​

December 2013

12254bd7-431c-4639-9234-706cff08a643_Gelredome468.jpg

Poor month
Shock in the Champions League
Made some plans for the Champions League

League

NAC 1 - 3 Vitesse

van Ginkel, Uvini, Robson-Kanu

Straight forward win with Bruno Uvini getting his first club goal with a big header from a corner. van Ginkel's goal return has been much much better this season too.

FC Utrecht 2 - 2 Vitesse

Eneramo, Juelsgard(PEN)

Very close game with an 80th minute penalty by German left back Juelsgard saving our skins. He's like Leighton Baines old Juelsgard, insane pens and free kicks.

FC Groningen 2 - 4 Vitesse

Eneramo(2), van Ginkel, Spector

Good win here away from home, we were behind twice but a great second half performance won it, Spector scored a ridiculous goal here too!!

FC Twente 0 - 0 Vitesse

Real bore draw here, we should have won but it could have been worse also.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNVB Cup

Fourth Round

Ajax 2 - 0 Vitesse

******* bullshit game they had two shots on target all day and scored them both!! We battered them but just couldn't score. Really annoying. At least now we can fully focus on the league.

Champions League

Benfica 0 - 0 Vitesse

Another real bore draw but a point is a point. And it proved to be a huge point as Dynamo actually beat Real 4-2!! Meaning we finished first in our Champions League group.

Monthly Review

Bit of a meh month after all the excitement lately. Annoyed to have been beaten by Ajax in the cup in such bullshit circumstances. Couple of disappointing draws, not too fussed with the Twente one as they are a good side but we could have won. The Utrecht draw was annoying, we just didn't turn up but I needed to rotate the squad.

In the Champions League we had another great result drawing with Benfica away from home and with Dynamo's shock win we actually finished first!! Here was the draw for the First Knockout Round:

View attachment 367324

Our luck in the Champions League this year is incredible. A very winnable tie against the Scottish giants Celtic.

Player of the Month

Marco van Ginkel

marco-van-ginkel_2957404.jpg

No-ones stood out but bagged a couple of goals and played well.

Tables

View attachment 367325View attachment 367326

PSV have made some ground on us in the league and things are far from settled. But look at that Champions League group, sensational really some spectacular results for both ourselves and Dynamo.​

January update in a bit guys :) just trying to squeeze in a transfer right at the death!!