Voasy's English Lower League Database RELEASED! v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the same issues as others with some of the regional divisions not having any games/being able to see teams on their page because 'the season doesn't start untill Aug 3rd..." I tried a build with editor myself and the same thing happened, not sure what's up with that....

Going through all the divisions now and checking them with the official league sites..

Amazing Sports Interactive have actually put some teams in the Skrill North/South that are not even in that league.

Ridiculous stuff.

I had a similar problem with Haverhill Rovers, it seems lots of the tier 9 teams are muddled up. Haverhill were in the South East Counties League when IRL they play in Eastern Counties Premier League (Ridgeons Premier League) where lots of other teams are also mixed about.

From Tier 8 upwards it looks pretty spot on, though I haven't done a comprehensive check.

I had a similar problem with Haverhill Rovers, it seems lots of the tier 9 teams are muddled up. Haverhill were in the South East Counties League when IRL they play in Eastern Counties Premier League (Ridgeons Premier League) where lots of other teams are also mixed about.

From Tier 8 upwards it looks pretty spot on, though I haven't done a comprehensive check.

I am going through it now mate, there is loads of teams that are messed up.

Even higher division ones SI have really messed up this year.

SI haven't put any effort into anything to do with lower league teams, especially players. E.G. Potters Bar who are in the Calor Southern Division 1 Central. I have played for them for 2 seasons now yet i have never been added to the game yet my brother has and he joined the same time as me, maybe it is because he was at St Albans when they were in conference south so they already have him in the database but for other players who are at the Potters Bar team have been there a shorter period of time yet they are on it.

SI haven't put any effort into anything to do with lower league teams, especially players. E.G. Potters Bar who are in the Calor Southern Division 1 Central. I have played for them for 2 seasons now yet i have never been added to the game yet my brother has and he joined the same time as me, maybe it is because he was at St Albans when they were in conference south so they already have him in the database but for other players who are at the Potters Bar team have been there a shorter period of time yet they are on it.

Tbh its more the Conference North and South that have incorrect teams in them! Some of them are in the lower division and they have put them in the higher ones! Absolute joke if you ask me, I actually feel like contacting them.

Even if they just had the names and random stats for lower league, it would be something. Should make them playable out of the box too, rather than making the customers do all the work

I am going through it now mate, there is loads of teams that are messed up.

Even higher division ones SI have really messed up this year.

You really do do a great job, understood it's mostly a system thing and I wasn't gonna screw around with it to try to figure it out. I get annoyed as **** with the editor thing unless itis simple things like just doing the US system!

You really do do a great job, understood it's mostly a system thing and I wasn't gonna screw around with it to try to figure it out. I get annoyed as **** with the editor thing unless itis simple things like just doing the US system!

Sat here with a pen and paper writing down all the teams from every single league from there official sites.. Its a pisstake!
Its amazing how many are in the wrong section, so many changes haha having to save every 5 minutes so I dont lose it..

Then I have to try sort the problem of the goal difference and fixtures people were talking about.

Can anyone who has these problems with the starting 3rd of August let me know what leagues it was in please so I can check?

Leagues with the Aug 3rd issue:
Combined Counties
Eastern Counties
Northern Counties East
Southern Counties East

My guess is it might have something to do with the number of teams in a few of these that just diosbeys a setting or something.

edit: The rest of them there isn't really an issue at all.

Quick Update...

Sorted all the problems out regarding teams being in the wrong leagues.. taken me absolute hours! So hope you all appreciate.

So far not got round to sorting out the fixture problem, but will have a look at it.

But you will all be pleased to know I have had a good basic attempt at Level 10! I will release tomorrow at some point, but I have got a busy day.. I do have a life too :) But when it is released I want you all to know the following before I get any comments saying this is missing etc...

1. Kent Invicta League is not there due to me needing to create quite a few teams first!
2. There is some teams within leagues that Yes are not there, I just need to do some more research before creating them, so if this is one of your teams then sorry!

At the end of the day I am an FM player like you guys and haven't even started a save yet haha.. So I want to get some playing time aswell..
Also I have added some cups into Level 9(Basically the local league ones), I will add them into Level 10 eventually when its fully sorted!..

Please not the file hasn't changed on the thread yet update should be tomorrow!
Right enough of me waffling on I need some sleep. Will carry on in the morning.

Again Thanks to the people who really appreciate my work.

voasy

Hi Voasy - Please feel free to cannabalize any ideas from my Level 10 attempt that might be useful for your what will be more accurate update. You might find the grouping of the non-promotional leagues such as the Essex Senior a useful way of getting around those awkward numbers of divisions feeding into higher divisions etc. I have also gone through all leagues below North/South and set them with a sorting order of 1 goal diff 2 goals for and 3 games won.
Don't know if any is of interest or use to you but the offer is there my friend :)

Much appreciated Voasy. Will wait till I get back from my city break before I start my game, would love to play as level 10

So guys if you look at the top and re-download the file I have done it with Level 10..

The isnt going to be perfect you may find in L10 there may be a league or two missing and some clubs but I wanted to get this out to you quickly so I will sort those issues out at a later date.

I hope you all like it and are happy with it :)
Let me know.

Just PM me if you have any individual problems with leagues or teams from now on makes it easier.

latest one not working says missing teams from various divisions and fa vase etc

latest one not working says missing teams from various divisions and fa vase etc

Okay will have a look mate..

When I tested the rules it said Valid so I do not know why it said that.

I've noticed the editor gets really really angry when you set cup competitions to include more than the 256 it wants the max to be. I'm amazed you got the thing to even let you do it in the first place, I went back to try to fix it myself and it had me remove teams to get it down to 481 then it started whining that 497 teams weren't in the cup, and when I went to set the cup competition to 481 it kept automatically switching it to 256. As I said I really hate the thing, you have far more patience.

Try it now.. Had to take FA Vase out for now guys will sort it

I've noticed the editor gets really really angry when you set cup competitions to include more than the 256 it wants the max to be. I'm amazed you got the thing to even let you do it in the first place, I went back to try to fix it myself and it had me remove teams to get it down to 481 then it started whining that 497 teams weren't in the cup, and when I went to set the cup competition to 481 it kept automatically switching it to 256. As I said I really hate the thing, you have far more patience.

I can get the editor too accept all the teams for it but just taken it out for now..
Cos I know people want the file and I don't have time to do it tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.