Vuvuzelas to be banned?

Should vuvuzelas be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dunno,they don't really bother me,but since I'm not in South Africa watching the matches in the stadium with a horn being blown in my ears for an hour and a half,I can't really see the problem.

It's easier to watch on TV than it is down in SA.

No of course they shouldn't, we voted for a SA world cup and this is the way they go about it. It makes for an intense atmosphere, and apart from the pretty dreadful football on show so far, they have got it spot on. Pitches look sublime, the stadiums are immense, the atmosphere is great and no trouble so far. We could take a lesson from them!

No of course they shouldn't, we voted for a SA world cup and this is the way they go about it. It makes for an intense atmosphere, and apart from the pretty dreadful football on show so far, they have got it spot on. Pitches look sublime, the stadiums are immense, the atmosphere is great and no trouble so far. We could take a lesson from them!
It also makes for intense headaches :S

Load of bullcrap, the Vuvuzela's should stay, they aren't that big of an issue to me, I don't mind the sound

Considering how they are intergrated (somehow) in the South African footballing culture,it would be wrong for them to be banned.It's like banning the drums and horns that are blown and banged at Wembley when we have friendlies.

I don't really agree on them being banned tbh...

Just heard that they will only ban them if fans throw them on the pitch etc

Thats like banning the mexican wave in mexico or banning the waka waka dance in new zealand (the rugby dance thing) the vuvuzela is South Africas style its their culture why take it away from them? Its not bad in my opinion but thats me watching from tv

Meh, don't really see the point in banning them tbh.

The sounds not even that annoying.

On the pitch? oO)

I'm not sure that the fans would do that...only if their team lose like 5-0,6-0..

yeah basically like: We'll ban them if there are Riots otherwise bad luck if you dont like them

I think people might be taking it a bit too far imo..

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

yeah basically like: We'll ban them if there are Riots otherwise bad luck if you dont like them

That sounds a bit more reasonable than just banning them fully..

EDIT-

In a non-sarcastic way.

Last edited:
Its like a traffic jam but im not complaining i prefer it too silence in the stadium imagine how dead it would be in Joburg with out the vuvuzela just hear the english cranking up god save the queen which is soooo annoying

No they shouldn't. It adds to the atmosphere. Should European chanting be banned? Latin drums? Asian flags? ;)

waka waka
I think you mean the Haka. ;)
I don't think the All White will do the Haka though. AFAIK there aren't any Maoris in the squad.

Yes, they should and everyone who helps making that bee-sounding noise should burn in **** forever cursed with Gonorrhea

personally i like vuvuzelas but i have feeling like bees are on stadium...

People are taking this way to far, it's a colourfull lively noisy world cup and it's excellent to see them enjoying it.