Vuvuzelas to be banned?

Should vuvuzelas be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I quite like the vuvuzelas, especially when Mick McCarthy is commentating. Eugh..

Last edited:
Has anyone even got a vuvuzela? I heard you can get one from Sainsbury's? oO)

No way in **** should you ban vuvuzelas, they are a part of South African culture. It is like us hosting the 2018 World Cup and banning rain. Just no.

This is ridiculous in my opinion. No, they definitely shouldn't be banned.

Put yourself in their shoes for a minute. If a horn was a popular footballing instrument in this country, and visitors to our country came over and started complaining to the point where the FA considered banning it from matches, there would be an uproar.

I honestly believe that people are complaining for the sake of it, and conforming to what seems to be the majority's attitude towards these instruments. I would even wager that, once you begin to focus on the football in front of you, you drown out the noise to the point where you barely notice it. Deny it all you want, but I've watched every single game so far and it hasn't affected me at all past slight annoyance early on.

The only real argument one has in regard to banning them is if they are interfering with team communication during matches, but even then, both teams are facing the same issue, and should find a way to deal with it effectively.

So no, they shouldn't be banned, and nor should anything just because some visitors to a country don't like it.

I have been to a live game, with the Vuvuzelas and you hardly even notice it then. Unless of course you are going to sit there sulking, paying no attention to the football on show and only take note of the people around you blowing the vuvuzelas, in which case that is your problem.
I have a vuvuzela, got one when I went to watch the Man City vs. Chiefs game during the last pre-season.

After a while, it just blends into the background ambiance really, but I can see it as a problem in spotting angry swarms of killer-bees early on, as they sound so similar....