Vuvuzelas to be banned?

Should vuvuzelas be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes and the coaches are unable to give in-game instructions, the journalists are unable to do their work properly...

Hi guys I am in South Africa and let me tell you the Vuvuzelas are a nuisance the South Africans never get tired of blowing it throughout the match and it really hurts the ear.............they should be banned definetly

If they had more than 1 note they would be fine, but seeing as they are blown constantly and are irritating as ****. Ban them !

ban them, i dont see how that many could possibly add to the atmosphere, im sure the players get sick of hearing them and i dread to think what its like for fans who arent blowing one for 90 minutes. id rather listen to mackem fans drone on for 90 minutes than listen to some buzzing noise. :'(

Keep them. There not really noticeable if you actually watch the game. Plus its South Africa.
Next thing you know they'll be banning stuff just because people miles away cant put up with it. People in England went mental when they all stupidly thought that the Shirt was banned in pubs etc. This is the same. Its part of their culture. Leave them alone. If any country has had enough of English folks telling them what they can and cant do... its South Africa

It's an originality of South Africans, you can't take it from them. Quoting Sepp Blatter : "It would be the same if we would ban English singing and Mexicans "Mexico Waves"

The first World Cup on the African Continent and they're trying to make it less and less African.

I'm afraid this is a case of you get what you pay for. FIFA picked SA, the fans chose to attend knowing full well what to expect as far as the Vuvuzelas and now they have to live with that. I say don't ban. These have been around for a while, it's not some new phenomenon. They (FIFA) knew going in that they would be there.

I can't understand how coaches and players can be heard above that racket.
I say 'Ban them'.

A few players have already been interviewed and said you can't hear each other on the pitch when the Vuvuzela's are being blown, that could just be a really **** excuse for not winning etc as a France player (Evra) said it aswell, but it's gonna be a problem not being able to hear each other on the pitch.

A few players have already been interviewed and said you can't hear each other on the pitch when the Vuvuzela's are being blown, that could just be a really **** excuse for not winning etc as a France player (Evra) said it aswell, but it's gonna be a problem not being able to hear each other on the pitch.

Yeah, notice it's only the teams who have not performed as expected who are complaining, the other players have not mentioned anyhting about it, apart from a few who said they enjoyed the atmosphere the Vuvuzela created. You CANNOT ban the Vuvuzela. Have you noticed as well the amount of foreigners in the stadiums blowing vuvuzelas? When you are there blowing a vuvuzela yourself, it creates a magical atmosphere.
To those of you who have not been to a stadium where there are vuvuzelas been blown, they are often blown in a tune as well and not just random noise.

They're ****** annoying, like 1000 bees buzzing around the stadium, but let them have their cake and eat it too - good to see them enjoying it and it generates a fantastic atmosphere.

EDIT: So, no we shouldn't ban them

I don't think it should go as far as being banned tbh,however it can irritate someone.

Like what mashed said,among others,it's part of their footballing culture and us banning their vuvuzelas is the equivalent of them banning the music in Wembley.

if someone from abroad told us how to celebrate here, there would be a assive outcry on these threads, so who are we to tell them how to celebrate their world cup in their own country?

Why the **** shoudl they be banned, they are not a dangerous object. What about the England band, and numerous other things? They are a integral part of African football, so either accept them, or mute your TV.

Does my head in to be honest , its extremely difficult to concentrate on the game with that ******* jet plane above the pitch , i don't think it should be banned i just dont think it should be one long noise from the start of the game till the end , i agree with the players they find it hard to hear each other and concentrate , because i can hardly hear the commentators without that big *** off noise , but i guess its there culture if they wanna be irritating while watching a game so be it , yeah you could say ban england chants as well bla bla , but i aint ever heard english fans singing we shall not be moved for an hour and a half

As annoying as they can be they should not be banned.
Each World Cup host brings it's own culture to the game, why is this any different? Surely banning the vuvuzelas will offend the people of South Africa, after all, we are a guest in their country.

Annoying, but they can't really ban them - part of the culture etc...

Weirdly, they make me feel really sleepy.

39 against 37 in the polls saying whether or not it should be banned though...