W4NKER

Reaction score
EDIT: 26/06/13: New version added. Mixture of Rock Classic and Kiss Corners (see post 15 onwards)

Hello there. I've been using Modern Warfare in one form or the other since it first appeared on the scene. However, after each ME update it has required a few tweaks here and there to adjust to the new patches. As such the MW thread has seen many different tweaks and version appear so, as suggested by others, I've decided to start a new thread for my particular version.

OBVIOUSLY 99.9% OF THE CREDIT TO THE CREATOR OF THE ORIGINAL MODERN WARFARE (BASSANOVA I THINK) AND THE K.I.S.S. VERSION (DON'T KNOW WHO UPLOADED THAT)

The Tactic

View attachment 324213

The Main Tweaks

1) All players and Team set to Zonal Marking

2) Advanced Forward ticked as Target Man and Run onto Ball supply

3) Changes to Set Pieces. Nothing exploitive but can be the difference between one point and three.

*Tweak defensive set pieces to suit your own players. No point have a big, strong Full Back marking the far post or if your striker is Didier Drogba get him back to defend corners for example

Training/Match Prep

Now the main differences involve General Training and Match Prep.

PRE-SEASON IS ALWAYS THE SAME:

View attachment 324214

I usually arrange a friendly ever 3 days so the team is only doing the Match Prep all of preseason.

DURING THE SEASON:

Now here is where I would tweak about. I've tested this tactic version over many saves with various teams (I'll show results in the next post) and in one save one particular training/match prep will work wonders but in the next save with a different team the same training/prep can fail miserably.

You really need to try each and see which works best here.

Having said that, my general rule of thumb is this:

Standard/Big Team Prep

View attachment 324215

Average Team Prep

View attachment 324212

Lower League Team Prep

View attachment 324225

TEAM TALKS = ASSISTANT (look for high motivating and man management stats)

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS = NONE

NO SHOUTS

Player Filters:
Download

Matte tweak

Some changes and early tests show it to be a very good tactic as well

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...kers-modern-warfare-tweak-10.html#post1769241

Last edited:
MANCHESTER UNITED

Generally winning every competition bar the odd hiccup

View attachment 324230View attachment 324231View attachment 324232

LIVERPOOL

League, Capital One Cup and Europa League treble, first season, no signings

View attachment 324233

View attachment 324234

View attachment 324235

WEST BROM

6th first season + Capital One Cup winners

5th second season + Capital One Cup runners up

View attachment 324237View attachment 324238View attachment 324236

AJAX

Doing a youth academy challenge - no signings whatsoever.

View attachment 324240

View attachment 324239

RANGERS

Promotion each year and won SPL first season back in the top flight

View attachment 324241View attachment 324242View attachment 324243View attachment 324244

TENERIFE

Consecutive promotions to La Liga

View attachment 324245View attachment 324246

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST MY LONG TERM SAVE IN WHICH I COMPLETE THE PENTAGON CHALLENGE

View attachment 324247View attachment 324248

I couldn't even begin to list the trophies I've won here. Let's just say they include World Cups, Premier Leagues, Serie A's, Champions League on 5 continents and currently taking a Blue Square North team to Champions League glory (in to League Two after two consecutive promotions)

Take a look here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...kers-pentagon-champions-league-challenge.html

ANYWAY, HOPEFULLY THIS VERSION BRINGS YOU THE SUCCESS I HAVE HAD.

**THE MAIN THING FOR ME IS FINDING THE RIGHT TRAINING/MATCH PREP

Last edited:
What types of strikers do you look to play in each of the striker roles?

Results uploaded in second post ^^

What types of strikers do you look to play in each of the striker roles?

STL = Poacher type. If you can get someone who is also good in the air then even better.

STR = As complete as possible. The stronger in the air the better from my experience.

Everyone else pace, pace and more pace! And as complete a player for each position as possible

How many threads will be of this tactic...

Only two so far...

props to W4NKER's, was using it with gd (or great depends on what do u expect) success, havent got any screenies since i needed a format hard drives for some reason, but ill start a long term save since i try to be more patient overally. Will post screens asap i achive something (obv soon)

you have putt the kisscornes tac few days is it the same ?

Hello there. I've been using Modern Warfare in one form or the other since it first appeared on the scene. However, after each ME update it has required a few tweaks here and there to adjust to the new patches. As such the MW thread has seen many different tweaks and version appear so, as suggested by others, I've decided to start a new thread for my particular version.

OBVIOUSLY 99.9% OF THE CREDIT TO THE CREATOR OF THE ORIGINAL MODERN WARFARE (BASSANOVA I THINK) AND THE K.I.S.S. VERSION (DON'T KNOW WHO UPLOADED THAT)

The Tactic

View attachment 324213

The Main Tweaks

1) All players and Team set to Zonal Marking

2) Advanced Forward ticked as Target Man and Run onto Ball supply

3) Changes to Set Pieces. Nothing exploitive but can be the difference between one point and three.

*Tweak defensive set pieces to suit your own players. No point have a big, strong Full Back marking the far post or if your striker is Didier Drogba get him back to defend corners for example

Training/Match Prep

Now the main differences involve General Training and Match Prep.

PRE-SEASON IS ALWAYS THE SAME:

View attachment 324214

I usually arrange a friendly ever 3 days so the team is only doing the Match Prep all of preseason.

DURING THE SEASON:

Now here is where I would tweak about. I've tested this tactic version over many saves with various teams (I'll show results in the next post) and in one save one particular training/match prep will work wonders but in the next save with a different team the same training/prep can fail miserably.

You really need to try each and see which works best here.

Having said that, my general rule of thumb is this:

Standard/Big Team Prep

View attachment 324215

Average Team Prep

View attachment 324212

Lower League Team Prep

View attachment 324225

TEAM TALKS = ASSISTANT (look for high motivating and man management stats)

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS = NONE

with swansea first season! I came 2nd with 79pts equal to tottenham who had a better GD !
lost to man utd in both the FA/Carling FA(5th round) Carling (quarter) so mate .. excellent tactic
bought no one/sold some useless players

two words: thank you

Just starting with Blackburn using this tactic - no major signings so far- will give feedback (gonna use the average team prep)

hej W4NKER... your tactic very good in my opinion.. tell me you change something to away game..?

Does annyone have a screen of their team? Dont really know what typo of attackers i need.....

Does annyone have a screen of their team? Dont really know what typo of attackers i need.....

For my blackburn save - I got Rhodes / Goodwillie first choice - second choice Kazim Richards / Gomes

W4nker, can you do me a favor? Put this on a 4 defenders line, 3 mid center, 2 wingers and 1 striker?

Or is it possible? If so, do you think that it can achieve the same results?