W4NKERs Pentagon & Champions League Challenge

SEASON 11

ASIA CONQUERED!!

View attachment 301490
View attachment 301488View attachment 301491

*I nicknamed each player according to their position. Got tired of getting confused by Park Ji Sung, Park Ji Song and Park Ji Wong etc etc :D

After last season's defeat in the Final we managed to go one step further. We walked the league and FA Cup thus claiming a magnificent TREBLE!

View attachment 301489

So that's African and Asian Champions League won. 2 down, 3 to go. Where to next? Maybe South America as I want to save Europe till last so I can continue on with the save.

Career So Far:

United FC (2012-15)

- SA FA Cup runners-up 2013
- First Division Cup winners 2014)

Golden Arrows (2015-2019)
- First Division champions 2016
- First Division Cup winners 2016
- SA FA Cup winners 2017
- Premier League champions 2018, 2019
- SA KO Cup winners 2018
- Super8 winners 2018; runners-up 2019
- AFRICAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2019**********

Daejeon (2020-2021)

Suwon (2021-2023)- K-League runners-up 2021
- FA Cup winners 2021, 2022

- Asian Champions League runners-up 2021
- K-League winners 2022
- ASIAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2022**************

Spain (2023-present)

Santos (2023-present)

Last edited:
MUSTAPHA BALLS APPOINTED SPAIN AND SANTOS MANAGER!!

After 6 months applying for any top division Brazilian or Argentine job going I was finally offered the Santos job. They are rock bottom of the First Division with a threadbare squad so much work to be done.

Surprisingly NEYMAR is still at the club though is into his 30s now. He boosts an unbelievable 397 goals in 554 games for Santos so hopefully there's still plenty in the tank for him to fire us up the league.

View attachment 301528

MUSTAPHA BALLS APPOINTED SPAIN AND SANTOS MANAGER!!

After 6 months applying for any top division Brazilian or Argentine job going I was finally offered the Santos job. They are rock bottom of the First Division with a threadbare squad so much work to be done.

Surprisingly NEYMAR is still at the club though is into his 30s now. He boosts an unbelievable 397 goals in 554 games for Santos so hopefully there's still plenty in the tank for him to fire us up the league.

View attachment 301528
LMAO! I was sooo blinded by the excitement of seeing Neymar still at the club that I failed to see he has actually agreed to join Barcelona at the end of the year :'(

Season 12

Santos

Sitting in 17th and the relegation places when I took over around a third of the season in I know qualifying for the Copa Libertadoras was impossible so rising up the league was the priority. And we done fairly well in that respect.

View attachment 302088

View attachment 302087

Sadly Neymar leaves for Barcelona now and will be badly missed (40 goals and 18 assists in 51 games and 412 goals in 536 games overall. We have £50m in the bank so I would expect a hefty transfer budget to replace him and strengthen the squad.

*I also have the Argentine leagues loaded and I may look for a top job there next season as I lost count of the amounts of times I lost key players to internationals and I inevitably dropped points as a result. We'll see how it goes

Season 13

SOUTH AMERICA CONQUERED!!

Sao Paulo

After raising Santos from 17th to 8th in my first season in South America the manager of eventual champions Sao Paulo retired and I was offered the job. I usually like to stay a few seasons at clubs but the offer of a £34,000,000 transfer budget and Copa Libertadoras football was too good to turn down so I took the job.

We were walking the State Championship but managed to get beat in the semi-final of the playoffs on penalties to rivals Corinthians.

On the other hand we strolled through the group stages of the Copa Libertadoras with a 100% record. In the knockout rounds we easily disposed of Mexicans Toluca, fellow Brazilians Flamengo and Argentina's Velez in the semis.

This set up a Copa Libertadoras final against old foes Corinthians. I must say I was slightly nervous ahead of the final and rested key players in the build up. Anyone who has played the Brazilian leagues will know the seasons are SUPER long with matches twice a week for basically 12 months!

Losing the Copa final would mean another long long season in Brazil and I really couldn't be arsed with that so I don't think I've ever wanted to win a game as much as this Final.

As it turned out we didn't really have to worry too much as we dominated both matches even if Corinthians somehow managed to score twice in the first leg!

View attachment 302222
View attachment 302220
View attachment 302221View attachment 302223

ANOTHER CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WON. 3 OF THE 5 IN THE TROPHY CABINET

As I want to finish in Europe its off to North America next and given that I know absolutely nothing about how the USA/MLS transfer/draft system works it leaves me with only Mexico. So off we go chicos!

Career So Far:

United FC (2012-15)

- SA FA Cup winners 2017
- SA KO Cup winners 2018

Daejeon (2020-2021)

Suwon (2021-2023)
- K-League runners-up 2021

- K-League winners 2022

Santos (2023-2024)
- Club World Cup runners-up 2023

Sao Paulo (2024-25)
- COPA LIBERTADORAS WINNERS 2024***************************

Tigres (2025-present)

(Check the opening post for season-by-season updates)

Last edited:
concacaf.mx_.Tigres.png

After over a year (!) applying for jobs in Mexico I was finally offered the Tigres job.

17th in the Premier Division, a transfer budget of £100,000 and a wage budget of £180,000 it is a far cry from the riches and glory of Sao Paulo.

wow impressive story you made, inspired me to start a similar save. But really struggling with getting players,.,

Haven't been on in a while but have ploughed through a few seasons of this save as I'm determined to finish the Pentagon Challenge.

Couple of updates shortly

SEASON 14

TIGRES

MEXICO

Taking over a relegation-threatened team is never easy especially midseason but we managed to push up the table a bit (from 17th to 12th). Some wheeling and dealing in the summer and we can maybe push for the League playoffs.

View attachment 305619View attachment 305620

SEASON 15

TIGRES

MEXICO

After some shrewd transfer dealings I felt optimistic ahead of the season. The Mexican league has an Opening and Closing stage each with 17 games, then a playoff to see who wins each Stage title. The winners and losers of each playoff final qualify for the North American Champions League so the aim was to make the playoff finals at the very least, and well....

OPENING STAGE WINNERS!

View attachment 305624View attachment 305625View attachment 305627

Mexican Cup Winners!

View attachment 305626

Closing Stage

View attachment 305623

Lost in the Quarter Finals as I mistakenly thought it was our final League game BEFORE the playoffs and I rested a load of players! Big Mistake!

ANYWAY, WE WON THE OPENING STAGE AND MEXICAN CUP AND THEREFORE QUALIFIED FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

SEASON 17

TIGRES

MEXICO

Opening Stage

Poor start to the season. Beaten in the semi-finals and so failed to qualify for next years Champions League via the Opening Stage. We need to make the Closing Stage final at least or no CL football next year. Failed to retain Mexican Cup and knocked out in Copa Libertadoras 2nd round.

View attachment 305637View attachment 305638

Closing Stage

Another semi-final defeat and no CL football next season as a result. We perform very well in the league but lack conviction in the ****** playoffs!

View attachment 305635View attachment 305636

....Next update: Our Champions League campaign....

SEASON 17

TIGRES

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

The NACL is basically just a shootout between Mexican and MLS teams. We cruised through the Group Stages, hardly surprising when playing against opponents from Honduras and Trinidad & Tobago.

Quarter Final

Monterrey 2 v 2 TIGRES

2nd Leg

TIGRES 5 v 2 Monterrey (Agg 7-4)

Semi Final

TIGRES 1 v 0 Houston Dynamo

2nd Leg

Houston Dynamo 0 v 2 TIGRES (Agg 3-0)

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

1ST LEG

TIGRES 3 V 2 Cruz Azul

View attachment 305644

We dominated the first leg but looked like leaving with only a draw until a 90th minute penalty winner.

2ND LEG

Cruz Azul 0 v 0 TIGRES

View attachment 305642

(Agg 3-2)

MUSTAPHA BALLS CLAIMS A 4TH CONTINENTAL TITLE!!

View attachment 305643

We done it! Given our poor form in the Mexican League playoffs I feared the worst going into the second league but we were never really threatened and probably should have won the game outright.

OFF TO THE FINAL FRONTIER NOW.... EUROPE!!

SEASON 18

STOKE LOOK TO BALLS!

Stoke_City.jpg

I added Spanish and English leagues and spent several weeks waiting on a really big team to sack their manager. Barcelona and Arsenal came close and I turned down jobs at Leicester and Sunderland. Eventually I decided to bite the bullet and took Stoke's offer.

Lying 18th we faced the task of voiding relegation first and foremost!

View attachment 305665

ARSENAL GRAB STOKE'S BALLS!

180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Arsenal have managed to persuade Stoke City to release their manager Mustapha Balls after only 8 games in charge.

Sitting in a lowly 10th place we have a massive challenge in securing Champions League football for next season!

Season 18 (continued)

Having surprisingly ended up at Arsenal so suddenly we went on a truly unbelievable run winning 23 of our remaining 25 matches in all competitions. As a result we dramatically snatched 4th place and a ticket into the Champions League qualifying draw!

View attachment 305670

Furthermore, we managed to claim some silverware with a dramatic win over the mighty Barcelona in the Europa League!!

View attachment 305671View attachment 305672

A busy summer awaits us as I look to build a team capable of winning the UEFA Champions League and thus completing the mighty PENTAGON CHALLENGE!

Career So Far:

United FC (2012-15)

- SA FA Cup winners 2017
- SA KO Cup winners 2018

Daejeon (2020-2021)

Suwon (2021-2023)
- K-League runners-up 2021

- K-League winners 2022

Santos (2023-2024)

- Club World Cup runners-up 2023

Sao Paulo (2024-2025)
- COPA LIBERTADORAS WINNERS 2024********************

Tigres (2025-27)
- Mexican Opening Stage winners 2025
- Mexican Cup winners 2025

- NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2027********

Stoke (2027-28)
- League Cup finalists

Arsenal (2028-present)
- Europa League winners 2028

trully amazed of this ! what a story! I started my Pentagon challenge also :D. Also started in Afrika and also with United FC. First season i won both cups !! winning with 2-1 against Orlando Pirates. I also won the play offs so we promote to the first division!! after 5 games in the first league we are still unbeaten :D , its really a fun challenge to combine with fm classic. as i went into 1 season in less then a evening !

Keep on updating mate! you had my curiosity. But now you’ve got my attention ;)