So you chnage the training as the tactic comes fully familiar? What match prep do unuse throughout?

could you post a screenie of the tactics screen showing which players you plated in which roles, also what players you signed when i get the game on official release i will be managing Wednesday 1st so would appreciate it.

So you chnage the training as the tactic comes fully familiar? What match prep do unuse throughout?
Playing FMC so no match prep. Tactics Only I would guess for full version or whatever your scout report says.

could you post a screenie of the tactics screen showing which players you plated in which roles, also what players you signed when i get the game on official release i will be managing Wednesday 1st so would appreciate it.

Not on the Utd save currently but only bought Ayew for left wing and Ben Davies as backup to Evra.

Team was:

(4141)
de Gea
Rafael
Smalling
Jones
Evra
Fletcher
Carrick
Felliani
Nani/Valencia
Ayew
RVP/Rooney

442:
de Gea
Rafael
Smalling
Jones
Evra
Carrick
Felliani
Nani/Valencia
Ayew
RVP
Rooney

was asking Craigswfc cos I'm going to start with Sheffield Wednesday, but niceone always have a Man u save at some point

Might be a bit of a silly question,

But when you mention the player roles I'm guessing you go over the whole team etc before a game and make sure that each player is playing in their strongest role? Also when making substitutions?

Same on both tactics?

One more thing, do you allow rest before and after matches? Or is that not a feature of FMC? If not what would you suggest?

Last edited:
Would you think this tactic (the 4-1-4-1) would work for Arsenal, giving they have so many AMLRC type of players?

i'm struggling a lot with the Gunners atm :(

Started with AS Roma where I failed a couple of times so decided to take on Wigan (predicted 1st in the championship) but in europa league too so tough one i believe.. tactic: 4-1-4-1
Results:
Won the league with 95 pts second place had 79 pts (burnley)
6th round of FA Cup where i lost to Everton 2-0
Carling cup lost to Hull 1-0 4th round
Europa league my group consisted of: Bordeaux, Genk and another team came first with 13 pts bordeaux had 12 pts.
then beat stuttgart (2-1/2-1) then got Slask which I beat (3-0/3-0) and in the quarter finals I got tottenham which I lost (1-3/1-0) so not by much but altogether an amazing season!
will let you know how i get on in the premier league!

Nice results! Did you alter the tactic in any way? Or just keep the same tac and only alter opponent instructions?

Nice results! Did you alter the tactic in any way? Or just keep the same tac and only alter opponent instructions?
thanks! didn't alter it in any way.. at one point was 15 matches unbeaten! but towards the end with so many games coming by I won 2 out of 9 good thing I had a good lead on the 2nd place!
I played FMC so I put team cohesion medium and did not change it at all.. no team talks as its FMC and thus no opponent instructions
will play full version once the full game is out although am really enjoying FMC
will try with AS Roma again soon with the 4-1-4-1 as I failed using my own tactic..

The 4141 is doing nicely! Even though I'm still **** against lower opponents, I completly obliberate bigger ones O_O

I'm just a minor EU club (PSV Eindhoven), without big investments I won 4-0 to Ajax, Feyenoord and Twente (biggest rivals). Also a top 5-1! against Benfica and 2-0 against AC Milan!

It does seem it works less effective when I'm playing Away. Keep up the good work! Can't wait for updates which will make it more effective :)

small question, in the 4-1-4-1 tac, where would you place Ozil? :D

struggling against the following tactics:
was wondering what you can suggest...
View attachment 463290

played with wigan as mentioned above and I did well first season but the 4-1-4-1 stopped working

as for in Brazil a lot of formations like this:
View attachment 463291

I tried any tactics with wingers but never worked out :( sorry the images are from previous FM's but just to give you an idea! for fm14 of course

Thanks!

Yeah, the 4-1-4-1 seems to struggle against weaker or evenly matched teams, but pulls off some stunning upsets against bigger ones. I'm managing Rennes at the moment and won away at both Marseille and Lyon with it.

struggling against the following tactics:
was wondering what you can suggest...
View attachment 399050

played with wigan as mentioned above and I did well first season but the 4-1-4-1 stopped working

as for in Brazil a lot of formations like this:
View attachment 399048

I tried any tactics with wingers but never worked out :( sorry the images are from previous FM's but just to give you an idea! for fm14 of course

Thanks!

Yeah, the 4-1-4-1 seems to struggle against weaker or evenly matched teams, but pulls off some stunning upsets against bigger ones. I'm managing Rennes at the moment and won away at both Marseille and Lyon with it.

I'm using the 4141 away and 442 at home and against poor away teams. That combo is working well so

Had a bit of a wobble using the 4-1-4-1 since the 14.0.3 update. Not losing games but a few draws creaping in.

Had a bit of a wobble using the 4-1-4-1 since the 14.0.3 update. Not losing games but a few draws creaping in.
New update?? Didn't know that. I'll update and have a look.

These two tactics were literally the first ones I created so I'm sure they can definitely be improved. I see Sacchi has an FM14 one out. If its anything like last year I suggest everyone tries it.

If its better than this I'll be using it. Don't really care whether I use my own tactics or someone elses as long as I win more than I lose :D