Walcott apoligises over penalty incident

If I'm honest, Walcott has kind of let me down. I never thought of him as the player to try and dive to win a penalty...

But then again, I guess when you're desperate, you'll try anything *CoughSuarezCough*

To be fair, at least he's came out and said that he dived, don't think the jury would be out if he didn't admit it, but still, fair play to the lad

It's very good to see him come out and admit it. I don't think most players would admit to diving, so to see him do it is really good.

I reckon the majority of players would of dived in that situation as well, so it's not like it can be frowned upon.

Impressed he came out and said this, not happy to know he did it, didn't look like a dive and he wudn'tve been ridiculed had he not said this. Would be very unfair to ban him considering the simulation that goes on in the PL and other competitions, it would be more of a ban for honesty than actual simulation.

Kinda glad I was in work all day so I missed everything. At least Leeds couldn't beat the **** eh United fans? :p

Please don't quote me and have a *****-fit, it's a joke :) well it's not, but you know what I mean..

he wouldnt have said jack if it was given

we were kept in the game by alex bruce and kasper ....top class stopping... bring on the replay

Don't understand how saying sorry makes it all okay. o_O

It dosen't, however diving/simulation is a common problem throughout football (see: Ronaldo, Drogba, Laffery) but the players never/rarely have the decency to admit to simulation and when questioned often come out with something like "I felt contact and it put me of balance/from scoring etc" when really there wasn't any contact at all. Even the best players dive, and this incident wasn't even awarded a penalty so I don't see why people make such a big deal of it. Next time you club (liverpool, united, chelsea etc) fans have a player that dives make sure to remind me to make a meal of it. The lad is clearly sorry for it and in the end has done the right thing, or does any sense of decency make you a bad person in football now adays?

Love how all the Arsenal fans are quick to defend Walcott just because he admitted to it, it doesn't make him a better person in any way and the fact is he still cheated or tried to cheat rather. -_-

I take the fact that an Arsenal player had to cheat to try and beat us as a compliment :)

Good thing Walcott admitted it but it was still a bad thing to do in my opinion. For me diving is just wrong...

I take the fact that an Arsenal player had to cheat to try and beat us as a compliment :)

i suppose you could take it that way or you could look at the fact majority of those players apart from 3 are first team regularly starters

and we were amazing **** i went to the game today and arshavin bendtner rosicky eboue all played soo bad they looked championship standard

but i wont take any thing away from you, you played well and were unluckly not to win

Love how all the Arsenal fans are quick to defend Walcott just because he admitted to it, it doesn't make him a better person in any way and the fact is he still cheated or tried to cheat rather. -_-
Of course it doesn't make it better nor does it excuse what he did.
But you have to credit him for admitting he did it.

It's good of the lad. I've heard alot of people on the radio this evening/morning calling for him to be banned now he's said that, but surely nothing will happen to him? Or will the FA look into this?

Why ban him? So we can go on pretending that diving's not a regular feature in every single english league game?

If you get touched, you go down. If you think you got touched, you go down. That's how the modern game is.

Every team from the top to the bottom have players that dive from c.ronaldo,drogba,nani,gerrard,eboue and loads more dive where possible for me eboue is by far the worst i have ever seen on the odd occasion he was geeting fouled he dives to the floor with his arms spread right out like a noob it dose my head in that is 1 person i`d like to say sorry and pack it in, as for walcott hes a good lad coming out and that, but was there any need if he`d won the game on that peno then fair play but it was nothing we don`t see in every game so really hes just drawn attention to himself and arsenal f.c for nothing really. just imo no offense intended.

I don't think that is a smart decision to admit it. OK you maybe dived but any player could make the same thing and it had become normal these days. Now we should forget about getting any penalty over the next two months maybe, even it was a correct one :/