Wales vs England 26/3/11

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 261
  • Views Views 12K
Jagielka and Baines should be starting, Rooney looks lazy and fat

lolz - He is being played out of position, and looking decent tbh.

This formation/set up is working better than I thought it would. Obviously not the most difficult game but a good, fluid midfield & plenty of neat, one-touch passes etc.

Wilshere is so good, im sure he isn't 19!

Seems like a small tactical change for the Welsh. Bellamy is exchanging with Morison and dropping deep, whilst King goes high up against Cole.

Ramsey is alongside Ledley by the looks of it, ahead of Crofts, but he's playing a more attacking role.

In the early stages, it looked like they were directly matching England's midfield - two deeper CMs and Ramsey looking to trouble Parker. Pressing game not working at all, though - England just playing around them.

wilshere is class parker and lampard have both been pretty good, bent hasn't looked good he's too slow

wilshere is class parker and lampard have both been pretty good, bent hasn't looked good he's too slow

You what? You're accusing Darren Bent (scorer of the second goal, by the way) of being too slow? XD Who do you want, Lennon/Walcott/Agbonlahor as a front three?

Vaughan and Evans on, bringing on a regista and a central striker.

Last edited:
You what? You're accusing Darren Bent (scorer of the second goal, by the way) of being too slow? XD Who do you want, Lennon/Walcott/Agbonlahor as a front three?

just saying those two through balls wilshere played to him he really should've gotten on to. whether he made a bad run initially or he's too slow are the only reasons why he wouldn't. rooney should just stick to the middle and have ashley young and walcott on the wings (when walcott's fit)

So Ramsey is deeper again now? Bellamy ahead - or is he playing up front? Confusing..

just saying those two through balls wilshere played to him he really should've gotten on to. whether he made a bad run initially or he's too slow are the only reasons why he wouldn't. rooney should just stick to the middle and have ashley young and walcott on the wings (when walcott's fit)
they were hit too hard...

lol - Joe Ledley booked for falling over and complaining about it.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

they were great through balls

I'm an Arsenal fan, so I have natural bias towards Wilshere but they were overhit ;)

lol - Joe Ledley booked for falling over and complaining about it.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I'm an Arsenal fan, so I have natural bias towards Wilshere but they were overhit ;)

either way i don't think he's really performed with the ball at his feet

would like to see rooney move centrally and exploit that hole

Deleted that because I'm confused. They took off a striker and a winger, and put on a CM and a striker. So they've gone 4-3-2-1? 4-3-3? Confused now.

Okay, reckon it they might've gone 4-3-3, with Ledley wide left, Bellamy wide right.

Deleted that because I'm confused. They took off a striker and a winger, and put on a CM and a striker. So they've gone 4-3-2-1? 4-3-3? Confused now.

Okay, reckon it they might've gone 4-3-3, with Ledley wide left, Bellamy wide right.
lol we'll see from the next few minutes what their shape is

hope it ends 3-1 with Ramsey and Wilshere scoring the goals

how can you judge a player on one game?

i'm not saying he's a bad player im just saying he doesn't look like the hype he gets based on today. tbh i haven't watched him too much before but my arsenal friends rave about him

Back