Wales vs England 26/3/11

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 261
  • Views Views 12K
Having trouble finding out who are the wingers for the Welsh side. LOOKS like Bellamy and Ledley. Not sure though, anyone clarify their players?

Johnson's been good, eh? (A)
He hasnt had to do any defending, i think if bellamy goes out there then he will have more trouble

If Bale was fit he would be attacking Johnson. Bale would likely murder him.

Having trouble finding out who are the wingers for the Welsh side. LOOKS like Bellamy and Ledley. Not sure though, anyone clarify their players?

Sorry, no. Also want to know this, though - Wales determined to go wide, and exploit England WBs but not getting it out quick enough. Must be more direct and press higher up - atm, they're all being pushed back.

Sorry, no. Also want to know this, though - Wales determined to go wide, and exploit England WBs but not getting it out quick enough. Must be more direct and press higher up - atm, they're all being pushed back.

Worked it out now: interesting interchanging going on. King and Bellamy are the wingers and swap (rarely, though) but King and Ledley have also been switching, with Ledley going back to his old position wide left and King moving inside. When he does, Ramsey drops deeper and King plays higher up, almost making a 4-2-3-1.

I'm not so sure tbh. Definitely think Lampard is slightly deeper - just to ensure dominance in midfield with International experience alongside Parker who isn't exp. at this level and isn't a proper DM. Interesting, though.
not at all. lampard isnt covering parker because he is inexperienced at international level, and parker is more than capable as a DM, be plays box to box because he has the ability to attack AND defend

Not trying to be a pest, but does it really matter if Wilshire is 2 yards further forward then Frank, It is most likely just wilshire natural game, One-- As if Capello would do something that adventourous, two-- England are winning so who cares. Three-- It is boring,

It matters if it's a tactical plan to me, yes. I'm not trying to argue or anything - just that I'm writing about Ramsey and Wilshere later & want to find interesting patterns.. So whether they're swapping constantly anyway, or whether Wilshere is trusted with a slightly more advanced position while Lampard drops back a tad bit more & offers experience and cool head in midfield (from start, rather than when 2-0 up and dominating)

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

not at all. lampard isnt covering parker because he is inexperienced at international level, and parker is more than capable as a DM, be plays box to box because he has the ability to attack AND defend

I'm not suggesting Lampard is covering, necessarily, nor that Parker isn't capable - just that it's not his natural position & FL allows England midfield to be calmer on the ball etc.

I may be completely wrong - just thought it was interesting that both players like to drive from CM, but Wilshere seems to be doing it more is all.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Worked it out now: interesting interchanging going on. King and Bellamy are the wingers and swap (rarely, though) but King and Ledley have also been switching, with Ledley going back to his old position wide left and King moving inside. When he does, Ramsey drops deeper and King plays higher up, almost making a 4-2-3-1.

Sorry for my ignorance, but who's King? And who's playing RW/LW out of him and Bellamy?

It matters if it's a tactical plan to me, yes. I'm not trying to argue or anything - just that I'm writing about Ramsey and Wilshere later & want to find interesting patterns.. So whether they're swapping constantly anyway, or whether Wilshere is trusted with a slightly more advanced position while Lampard drops back a tad bit more & offers experience and cool head in midfield (from start, rather than when 2-0 up and dominating)

But it is boring.... Wilshire is not trusted with a slightly more advanced role, and "Trusted" IF fabio trusts an kid more then one of the best midfielders to ever play in the Premier League, then i really do think he is going insane. Parker is 29 years old, i really dont think we need to worry about his experience against a team like wales, with a 20 year old in the middle anyway.

Can i ask you a question, Is tactics so important to you as you dont get to talk about trophies very often..?

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I'm not suggesting Lampard is covering, necessarily, nor that Parker isn't capable - just that it's not his natural position & FL allows England midfield to be calmer on the ball etc.

I may be completely wrong - just thought it was interesting that both players like to drive from CM, but Wilshere seems to be doing it more is all.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Sorry for my ignorance, but who's King? And who's playing RW/LW out of him and Bellamy?
Andy King, Leicester midfielder. Touted to be the next david platt.

Andy King, decent Championship player. Bellamy's playing RW, but they swap occasionally.

Can i ask you a question, Is tactics so important to you as you dont get to talk about trophies very often..?
Stop trolling. Just because we're interested in something and are intelligent enough to discuss it in an adult manner and you're not doesn't mean you should just try and disrupt that.

give it a rest. we win trophies, yet i still talk tactics all the time. wont warn you again

But it is boring.... Wilshire is not trusted with a slightly more advanced role, and "Trusted" IF fabio trusts an kid more then one of the best midfielders to ever play in the Premier League, then i really do think he is going insane. Parker is 29 years old, i really dont think we need to worry about his experience against a team like wales, with a 20 year old in the middle anyway.

Now - why feel the need to just be a **** for no reason on an England thread, Scott?

Tactics is interesting to me because that's what my blog focuses on. You're entitled to your opinion, of course - all I was doing was putting a discussion out there. If you find it boring, don't just tell me not to talk about it, just don't respond instead of replying, and being rude.

Andy King who plays for Leicester. He's a very versatile attacking player

edit- oops, bit late there

Stop trolling. Just because we're interested in something and are intelligent enough to discuss it in an adult manner and you're not doesn't mean you should just try and disrupt that.

Oh no you didnt just go there, I can talk tactics all day long, but this isnt tactical talk, this is boring and bland....

I can't quite work out whether Ramsey is ahead of two CMs, or whether he's alongside Ledley, ahead of whoever's DM.

King on the right, there too. Good spot.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

England playing some really nice football at times, here.

I can't quite work out whether Ramsey is ahead of two CMs, or whether he's alongside Ledley, ahead of whoever's DM.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

We will be back to hoofball before long, enjoy it while it lasts.

Seems like a small tactical change for the Welsh. Bellamy is exchanging with Morison and dropping deep, whilst King goes high up against Cole.

Ramsey is alongside Ledley by the looks of it, ahead of Crofts, but he's playing a more attacking role.

Now if in future qualifiers Barry is picked over Parker It is ridiculous. Not being biased, but he is ten times better, he's had a better season for starters, and just looks so accustomed to the role today.. really assured. Super Scott.

Back