Wales vs England 26/3/11

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 261
  • Views Views 12K
Im not even feeling confident about this. Dont expect a win, but hope wales can put on a good showing just to give the welsh "fans" some sort of comfort.

0-0. Dull game with Wales missing a golden chance right at the end.

So the England v Ghana game is on ITV and Wales is not ?

It's still a pisstake that an important game against Wales is on Sky, yet some poxy friendly against Ghana is on BBC. The F.A/Broadcasting rights company are a complete joke!

#eng team vs #wales: Hart; Johnson, Terry, Dawson, Cole; Wilshere, Lampard, Parker; Young, Rooney, Bent

So.. 4-3-1-2? Rooney and Bent up front, Young in the hole (really?) and Lampard and Wilshere in the centre, just ahead of Parker in a 1-2 pivot.

#eng team vs #wales: Hart; Johnson, Terry, Dawson, Cole; Wilshere, Lampard, Parker; Young, Rooney, Bent

So.. 4-3-1-2? Rooney and Bent up front, Young in the hole (really?) and Lampard and Wilshere in the centre, just ahead of Parker in a 1-2 pivot.

Hart
Johnson Dawson Terry Cole
Parker
Lampard Wilshere
Young
Bent Rooney

Oh christ...

Hart
Parker
Lampard Wilshere
Young
Bent Rooney

Oh christ...

My thinking exactly - if we're going on form, then why on earth is Ashley Young (presumably) in the hole?

4-2 to England,

England to dominate the majority of the time, but to unfortunately suffer from a few errors and bad timing to allow Wales to grab the two goals

For England goals - Rooney, Bent, Cahill, and Crouch to nab a scuffy one at the end

For Wales - Bellamy and Ramsey

Last edited:
Is the only other possibility -

Hart

Johnson Terry Dawson Cole
Parker
Lampard Wilshere
Young ------------- Rooney
Bent​

??

Or maybe:

Hart
Parker Lampard/Wilshere
Young --- Wilshere/Lampard --- Rooney
Bent​

My thinking exactly - if we're going on form, then why on earth is Ashley Young (presumably) in the hole?

I have no idea, but I'm actually worried that he'll do well and continue convincing himself that he can play in the hole. Where's the width? Sure, we'll have our fullbacks, but the Welsh wingers can just keep them pinned back.

^R.e your point about Rooney on the left. It might just work... a Cassano-esque striker/winger role?

4-2 to England,

England to dominate the majority of the time, but to unfortunately suffer from a few errors and bad timing to allow Wales to grab the two goals

For England goals - Rooney, Bent, Cahill, and Crouch to nab a scuffy one at the end

For Wales - Hennessey and Ramsey

A defender who isn't starting and the Wales goalkeeper are going to score, are they?

Want a couple of quid on that? I'll give you hilariously good odds.

A defender who isn't starting and the Wales goalkeeper are going to score, are they?

Oops, lol i got my welsh players mixed up, my bad, but yea i do think that certain defender will have to come as a sub, i have a feeling :P

I have no idea, but I'm actually worried that he'll do well and continue convincing himself that he can play in the hole. Where's the width? Sure, we'll have our fullbacks, but the Welsh wingers can just keep them pinned back.

^R.e your point about Rooney on the left. It might just work... a Cassano-esque striker/winger role?

Yeah. Really don't like Young in the hole - not played well there all season, bar 30 mins for England..

Rooney might work - would allow Cole to bomb forward.. Still rather see him playing off Bent directly though

Doesn't it say Ramsey? (And Hennessey) - Did he edit it?

Yeah. Really don't like Young in the hole - not played well there all season, bar 30 mins for England..

Rooney might work - would allow Cole to bomb forward.. Still rather see him playing off Bent directly though

Agreed on both, especially the first. Young doesn't have the vision and passing ability of a true trequartista. Every time Bent makes a run and Young actually spots it he overhits it by a country mile...

Rooney will be very interesting. Would nullify the Welsh right back with his work rate and energy too, not that that's a particularly big threat.

Doesn't it say Ramsey? (And Hennessey) - Did he edit it?
Yeah, but he said Cahill for England. :$

Should be an easy England win imo,

3-1
Bent
Rooney
Johnson
-------------
Ledley

Any chance of Capello giving Wilshere the Gerrard role from the left? Would suit every other player in the team, moving Young out wide and Rooney in the centre

Please not Rooney on the left. :( Hasn't played well there at all for United, prefer him playing just behind the striker where he's been in form.

Back