Wales vs England 26/3/11

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 261
  • Views Views 12K
Any chance of Capello giving Wilshere the Gerrard role from the left? Would suit every other player in the team, moving Young out wide and Rooney in the centre

I hope not? He's not a winger/wide midfielder - completely nullifies his ability to drive from midfield and play balls from deep.

Please not Rooney on the left. :( Hasn't played well there at all for United, prefer him playing just behind the striker where he's been in form.

I agree - but it makes more sense than having zero width at all as with a 4-3-1-2

Why do England managers try to fit round pegs in square holes all the time? However we play today, someone in that team will be in an unfamiliar / ineffective position

I hope not? He's not a winger/wide midfielder - completely nullifies his ability to drive from midfield and play balls from deep.

I agree - but it makes more sense than having zero width at all as with a 4-3-1-2

I'd rather have seen Rooney behind Bent. Or even Rooney as a lone man and Lampard playing just behind him. 4-2-3-1 with Parker/Wilshere in the middle, with Young and Lennon on the wings. Or something along those lines.

I'd rather have seen Rooney behind Bent. Or even Rooney as a lone man and Lampard playing just behind him. 4-2-3-1 with Parker/Wilshere in the middle, with Young and Lennon on the wings. Or something along those lines.

but with that line-up..

Maybe Young will play as striker as if i remember he said he would like to play as a striker for England? and Rooney will play behind him which would be the best :S

but with that line-up..

Indeed, why I'm sort of disappointed. Or mixed emotion because I like the midfield. I wouldn't mind Rooney proving me wrong though, especially since it gives us a new dimension for United too if he proves his ability there. He certainly has the attributes to create and run from that position.

Hopefully, if we play a really narrow formation, Parker will sit to allow both Cole and Johnson to bomb forward at will. It could work if we dominate possession as you'd expect

Indeed, why I'm sort of disappointed. Or mixed emotion because I like the midfield. I wouldn't mind Rooney proving me wrong though, especially since it gives us a new dimension for United too if he proves his ability there. He certainly has the attributes to create and run from that position.

I think we all are - was just saying to GC how weird the line-up is. Just think that my formation makes most sense with those players. As I said, though Rooney will drift inside anyway and leave room for Cashley.

I personally would have played Milner as he will fancy his chances against their full backs, and i think he works much harder than Young. But overall pleased to see no barry in the team. Also Glen Johnson being in the team is an embarassment. Why not Micah Richards or Kyle Walker.....

I personally would have played Milner as he will fancy his chances against their full backs, and i think he works much harder than Young. But overall pleased to see no barry in the team. Also Glen Johnson being in the team is an embarassment. Why not Micah Richards or Kyle Walker.....

Milner? When deployed on the wing he's a workhorse, but although a harder worker than Young he hasn't got an ounce of Ash's quality.

Richards is injured and Walker is inexperienced.

for starters Micah Richards played for U-21s other night and picked up an injury but i agree, would like to see young Walker in the team ahead of Johnson,

too be honest, this is a game England should win but don't be suprised if we don't, i'm going for a cagey 1-1 with lots of full blooded tackles etc.

Milner? When deployed on the wing he's a workhorse, but although a harder worker than Young he hasn't got an ounce of Ash's quality.

Richards is injured and Walker is inexperienced.
Johnson cant defend, walker can..........

Johnson actually cant defend at all, Walker is a better defender.

You're resorting to hyperbole now. Walker is a good player and has had a good season for us, but I can tell you first hand that he's prone to mistakes. Whilst Johnson is too, Walker makes far more of them than Johnson, and at international level that just won't wash. He can get away with it in the Prem, but against the likes of Craig Bellamy? Also, in the Prem Walker is being covered by the energetic Downing, who helps him out a great deal. Johnson's had a decent season by his standards on the left for Liverpool, and frankly with the lineup that we have with either Young or nobody in front of him I'd trust in him rather than Walker against Bellamy. Johnson knows when to get forward, whereas Walker is far too impetuous at times.

You're resorting to hyperbole now. Walker is a good player and has had a good season for us, but I can tell you first hand that he's prone to mistakes. Whilst Johnson is too, Walker makes far more of them than Johnson, and at international level that just won't wash. He can get away with it in the Prem, but against the likes of Craig Bellamy? Also, in the Prem Walker is being covered by the energetic Downing, who helps him out a great deal. Johnson's had a decent season by his standards on the left for Liverpool, and frankly with the lineup that we have with either Young or nobody in front of him I'd trust in him rather than Walker against Bellamy. Johnson knows when to get forward, whereas Walker is far too impetuous at times.
My tactic then would be to play Milner in front of Walker as thats experience, work rate and a good tackler. I am also really disappointed to see Lampard in that team, we should be playing more youth.

That bird's alright.

****** ****, the Welsh really are dickpoles when it comes to the English national anthem aren't they?

Back