Want New Challenge vs People...competition?

• Thread starter Thread starter woper316
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 242
  • Views Views 16K
rickowens...of course! We're a couple of rounds, but had some other new joiners lately so you'll be in good company.

The current round is Paris FC for three seasons, points awarded on a previous post.

Let us know how you get on and on Wednesday 13th May I'll update the league table.

Oh well... everyone seems intent on making me lead by even more points :P

computer just crashed and have lost my game argh... was top by about 15pts and didnt sign anyone so assume Paris are just head and shoulders above the rest in that league.

Will have to start all over again!!!

computer just crashed and have lost my game argh... was top by about 15pts and didnt sign anyone so assume Paris are just head and shoulders above the rest in that league.

Will have to start all over again!!!
Ouch...

EDIT - Done it, gonna post it at the end. :)

View attachment 274990
First season is in the books. Being a semi-professional team made it hard to buy players who could strenghten the squad, but the squad of Paris FC was rock solid and we won the league with ease.
The cup run was disappointing, was hoping to make a little more noise, but we were knocked out by one of the worst teams in Ligue 2 in the eight round.
10 points in the bank though, good season:)

View attachment 834998
First season is in the books. Being a semi-professional team made it hard to buy players who could strenghten the squad, but the squad of Paris FC was rock solid and we won the league with ease.
The cup run was disappointing, was hoping to make a little more noise, but we were knocked out by one of the worst teams in Ligue 2 in the eight round.
10 points in the bank though, good season:)

Nice, I turned pro in Ligue 2, so may not have as many problems this year coming!

Hi rickowens. Yeah the idea is that each round we all do the same challenge and compete to see who's most successful for that challenge. This round obv the team is Paris and we have three seasons to see how successful we can be (points scoring on a previous post)

View attachment 274552
Dembele on fire:O In all my years of playing FM and CM i dont think i've ever had a player score 8 goals in one match. It was a cup tie against a non-league side, but i still think it's pretty crazy.

View attachment 274502
Absolutely devastating. Was on the cusp of something so special, but it wasn't to be. An incredibly close match ended in a 0-1 loss to Bordeaux, and we're out of the league cup in the semis. Great run, but right now i'm just empty inside

So how is everyone else doing? I'm in the run-in of the second season, in a very tight 4-team race for the League 2 trophy. Pretty much changed the entire team before the season, so was understandably very inconsistent in the first half of the season, but in top form now

I'm a third of the way through first season. Top of the league out in cup very early.

I'm about 4 games into the first season XD (running a BaP atm so having to make all the players) but we're first so...

I'm having mad issues with my FM and no new save is going past some date in October! So annoying, hopefully i'll get it sorted before the end of this challenge

View attachment 274428
Good to hear you've gotten started woper, best of luck :)
Here is the summary of my second season, which i found to be one of the most enjoyable in quite some time. The league position tab, shows our improvement through the season which was immense. In the second half of the year we were absolutely flying, and was able to pull out the wins in clutch time to secure the trophy and promotion. With 7 games to go, the top 4 teams were separeted by 2 points, but the opposition crumbled under the pressure.

Season 1:
National league winner: 10 pts

Season 2:
Ligue 2 winner: 20 pts
Reach semi final of Coupe de le Ligue: 10 pts

Total after 2 seasons: 40 pts

Next season you're in big trouble Zlatan(6)

Back