Was the ManU Chelsea game worth watching?

curtis290

Reaction score
Hi, the game was on at 5am my time so I missed it...was it an exciting match worth watching? I was expecting a dull, defensive, tactical battle...is that how it turned out more or less? I would prefer a Chelsea result, so if ManU won that would make me want to watch it less, and also I don't want to watch it if it wasn't an exciting game. What do you guys think, is it worth my time watching it?

Edit: I do NOT know the result in any way, shape, or form. So don't tell me who won or what the score was.

Last edited:
IMO it was a much more attacking match then expected.
do you know the result ?

there is the official match thread, however, as a United supporter, it was a very good open attacking game of football... I was surprised! good game to watch

The crying / intimadating of the Ref was worthy of a listen too! Something Alex Ferguson does every time his team loses. The guy is a egocentric narcicist! Every time United bite the bullet he has an emotional breakdown and has to blame the referee. I mean in his eyes it just can't be possible that his team might lose to Chelsea at the Bridge ! It must be a conspiracy against his red devils. Man I do passionately hate Man united, and Sir Alex is probibly a huge factor in that. The guy had to eat a slice of humble pie last night but for him it went down like Buckleys cough medicine!

Definately worth a watch, Both teams sprung tactical surprises IMO and was well worthy of a watch no doubts. You won't be dissapointed.

There was one BIG shock and some Brazilian magic - definately worth a watch! (H) Ohh yeah and a lot of whining after the match XD

Last edited:
The crying / intimadating of the Ref was worthy of a listen too! Something Alex Ferguson does every time his team loses. The guy is a egocentric narcicist! Every time United bite the bullet he has an emotional breakdown and has to blame the referee. I mean in his eyes it just can't be possible that his team might lose to Chelsea at the Bridge ! It must be a conspiracy against his red devils. Man I do passionately hate Man united, and Sir Alex is probibly a huge factor in that. The guy had to eat a slice of humble pie last night but for him it went down like Buckleys cough medicine!
He did say he doesn't want to know what the result was...I think you pretty much gave it away :p

Luckily I didn't see blues man's post, I downloaded the game and just finished watching it. Was pleasantly surprised, it was a very good game! Much, much more open than I expected and it was very exciting. Probably the best game I've seen between top Premiership teams in a while. What was the whining about after the match? The penalty? I thought the ref was very strict to call it a penalty, I wouldn't have, but at the same time it was close enough that I don't think you can complain too much. I thought the game was called well actually.

good game for the neutral for sure, United attacked well in the 1st and chelsea did well in the 2nd. Referee decisions aside it was definitely not defensive, end to end stuff

Luckily I didn't see blues man's post, I downloaded the game and just finished watching it. Was pleasantly surprised, it was a very good game! Much, much more open than I expected and it was very exciting. Probably the best game I've seen between top Premiership teams in a while. What was the whining about after the match? The penalty? I thought the ref was very strict to call it a penalty, I wouldn't have, but at the same time it was close enough that I don't think you can complain too much. I thought the game was called well actually.

The complaining was about the soft penalty and how David Luiz managed to stay on the pitch. :p

It was a good game, just ashame the ref had to spoil things with his outrageous decisions.

You don't want to know the score? (6)

David Luiz was impressive never seen him play before but looks good

Look , I am not trying to start the whole Man Utd fans v The Rest argument up again , but every person what has complained about the refereeing decisions has been a Utd fan , so what if Luiz kicks Rooney now and again? At least he didn't elbow him eh?...........
What goes around comes around.

so you are trying to start it up again? because that's exactly how it sounds and exactly why the thread was closed in the first place. drop it

if you want to see david luiz get away with murder then watch it, if you are a manc then dont bother.... im not saying rooney was innocent last week against wigan (he should of been punished for it) but so should david luiz this week!!

see what you have done curtis? :p