Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Cro

Reaction score
I believe you saw many football talents who made great career. Today I am writting about talents who didn't have that luck... If you know more, just right it down...

1. Sebastian Deisler (AMRC) - many people predicted great career for him. Unfortunetly he had too many injuries, such as crucial ligaments. His end was in 2007
2. Ruben de la Red (MC) - product of Real Madrid's academy, extremely talented midfielder. He had some problems with heart wich prevented him to play 2-3 years
3. Marko Livaja (ST) - big croatian talent. He decided to go Inter Milan with only 16 years, that's why he was banned from his club Hajduk... Now he is without club, training...
4. Arturo Lupoli (ST) - I still remember FM 2007 when I was trying to sing him, but Arsenal wouldn't let me... Current situation is much different. He changed too many teams and now he is trying to find his place in Ascoli...

I believe you saw many football talents who made great career. Today I am writting about talents who didn't have that luck... If you know more, just right it down...

1. Sebastian Deisler (AMRC) - many people predicted great career for him. Unfortunetly he had too many injuries, such as crucial ligaments. His end was in 2007
2. Ruben de la Red (MC) - product of Real Madrid's academy, extremely talented midfielder. He had some problems with heart wich prevented him to play 2-3 years
3. Marko Livaja (ST) - big croatian talent. He decided to go Inter Milan with only 16 years, that's why he was banned from his club Hajduk... Now he is without club, training...
4. Arturo Lupoli (ST) - I still remember FM 2007 when I was trying to sing him, but Arsenal wouldn't let me... Current situation is much different. He changed too many teams and now he is trying to find his place in Ascoli...

Sebastian Deisler actually retired due to depression for many reasons, family and football reasons.

i still not know what happen to ruben de la red,can you explain it more details?

Thanks,so sad,i think de la red is good player if he don't get that desease:(

Last edited:
Stefano Fiore - He may have won both the UEFA Cup and the Coppa Italia twice, but Fiore never truly realised the terrific potential he displayed in his early days at Udinese. Having flopped at Valencia, Torino, Livorno and even Serie B side Mantova, he is now consigned to the Lega Pro at the age of 34, with home town club Cosenza.

Alvaro Recoba - The absolute epitome of wasted talent, the fact that El Chino is seeing out his career with Panionios is a tragic joke. Blessed with a deft touch and unrivalled imagination, Recoba seemed to lack the desire to perform consistently and become the legend he should have been at Inter. Scored 63 in 183 Nerazzurri appearances, but saved his best form for a brief loan spell at Venezia.

Paul Gascoigne - Undoubtedly the most naturally talented player England has produced. Danny Baker once said the young Gascoigne was the best footballer in the world, because he made crowds gasp, in a way that they hadn't in years. However, his love of all things alcoholic(as well as Chris Evans, Danny baker and Five-bellies) led him down the wrong path.

Denilson - World Cup 98 saw the emergence of another Samba superstar. However, the huge money move to Real Betis is regarded as the downturn in the career of Denilson. Betis relegated, and Denilson never found a club to settle down at. Since leaving Betis in 2005, Denilson has played for seven different teams, and wound down what should have been a glittering career at Kavala in Greece.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Tomi Petrescu - Finnish of Romanian descent, he signed for Leicester City in 2003. Widely regarded as a huge talent, he never got the chance at leicester to show his undoubted potential. Moved back to Finland with Inter Turku, and then joined Tampere. Was called up to the Finnish team in 2009, but never made the bench,

Marco Delvecchio - Delvecchio played a prominent role in Roma’s 2001 Scudetto win and earned 22 Italy caps. However, he gradually faded into the background at the Olimpico, and his career collapsed at an alarming rate with brief, disappointing spells at Brescia, Parma and Ascoli.

reyes he was epic in his first few games for Arsenal, then lost it :S

How about Mendieta..He was incredible with Valencia.However his bad character and many injuries made his talent waste.

reyes he was epic in his first few games for Arsenal, then lost it :S

Still playing at the top level for a good team. Can't be wasted talent really.

micheal owen if he never left liverpool he still be one the best strikers in the footballing world real madrid wasted his talent

How about Mendieta..He was incredible with Valencia.However his bad character and many injuries made his talent waste.

Forgot about him. Absolute genius, even whilst at Boro he showed real quality. Kept getting injured, and really ended his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.