Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe keirrison... he was one biggest singings for barca last year... where is he now :S

Javier Saviola?
Everybody predicted great things from him, and now he's playing for Benfica.

Yeah, never lived up to his immense potential.

Also, Remember Javier Portillo? Started at Real, many tipped him as the natural successor to Raul/Morientes, but never lived up to the hype. Still plays at a high level, but his goalscoring record is woeful.

Yeah, never lived up to his immense potential.

Also, Remember Javier Portillo? Started at Real, many tipped him as the natural successor to Raul/Morientes, but never lived up to the hype. Still plays at a high level, but his goalscoring record is woeful.

Yeah I remember him. Wore number 11. Same with Aganzo and Bueno

David Nugent is a big talent wasted

Was he that big of a talent really? I don't think he was.

maybe keirrison... he was one biggest singings for barca last year... where is he now :S

Still young. barca have been loaning him out so he can get used to European football before throwing him in at the Camp Nou.

Roque Santa Cruz
Shaun Wright Phillips
Antonio Cassano
Klaas Jan Huntelaar
Craig Bellamy

SWP - His move to Chelsea wrecked his career.
Cassano - I don't think so, has been showing huge class for two seasons, just the Italian manager has failed to pick him, preferring other players.
Huntelaar - Definitely. Moved to Real a season too early for me. Ajax to Real is way too big a step to make for many players.
Bellamy - I don't think he was wasted talent. he is quality, but it is his temperament that ruined any chances of a big club going after him.

I think many people don't understand what wasted talent is. Players who have achieved lots and are now old and decling/retiring are NOT wasted talents. Wasted talents are players who displayed lots of ability at a young age, but never reached their expected potential.

Nii Lamptey was a good example, and you can check Ben's thread on him if you don't know who he is.

Louis Saha - Injury Ravaged throughout his career, showed promise when at fulham, never played for years at united, and now at everton he is often injured, and when he is fit, he just looks like he cant be bothered, such a shame, the lad has the quality to be a superstar, but has turned into abit of a flop.

Would i be right in saying Julio Baptista he showed he had potential and only shows glimpses of his talent now and again

Would i be right in saying Julio Baptista he showed he had potential and only shows glimpses of his talent now and again

Not really, 47 games for Brazil isn't exactly wasted talent. I would say more inconsistent than wasted.

Louis Saha - Injury Ravaged throughout his career, showed promise when at fulham, never played for years at united, and now at everton he is often injured, and when he is fit, he just looks like he cant be bothered, such a shame, the lad has the quality to be a superstar, but has turned into abit of a flop.

Hmm...interesting choice. Saha has quality, but would he have been a world-class finisher if he hadn't been injured? i remember him ate Newcastle on loan, and he wasn't that great, and that was before the injuries started.

Freddy Adu.

Nope. Still only 21, still has time to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.