We are the Super Eagles: A Nigeria Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting story. I qualified for ANC with Madagascar.

I'll have an update done soonish, distracted by FIFA (A) Will do all group stage games in one update

The African Cup of Nations gets underway...
Nigeria are in Group C, and in the first game face Tunisia at the Estadio Nacional de Tundavala in Lubango. The team is as follows:

Martins Yakubu Obasi
Etuhu Mikel
Ajilore
Taiwo Apam Yobo Omozusi
Enyeama

HALF TIME: Tunisia 0-3 Nigeria (Mikel PEN 36 and 45, Etuhu 39)
FULL TIME: Tunisia 1-3 Nigeria (Chaabani PEN 70)

We performed very well today, if we play like this through the rest of the tournament we can go very far in the competition and pleased we got some 8+'s

View attachment 83563

Nigeria vs Morocco, Estadio Nacional de Tundavala, Lubango, this is how we line up:

Martins Yakubu Obasi
Etuhu Olofinjana
Mikel
Taiwo Apam Yobo Omozusi
Enyeama

The only change being Olofinjana in for Femi Ajilore otherwise its the same side that beat Tunisia 3-1.

HALF TIME: Nigeria 2-0 Morocco (Yobo 37, Obasi 41)
FULL TIME: Nigeria 3-0 Morocco (Obasi 56)

Played well again today, great result and kept a clean sheet, Enyeama saved a penalty too :D We're guaranteed a place in the next round now

View attachment 83546

South Africa vs Nigeria, Estadio da Cidadela, Luanda

Martins Yakubu Obasi
Etuhu Olofinjana
Mikel
Taiwo Apam Yobo Omozusi
Enyeama

We use the same side that beat Morocco 3-0, we're already through so I'm not too bothered about the result, but I want a decent performance

HALF TIME: South Africa 0-2 Nigeria (Yakubu 39, Martins 45+2)
FULL TIME: South Africa 0-2 Nigeria

Got another win in the group so we're undefeated and only conceded one goal

View attachment 83562

Next update will be tomorrow, want to play some more fifa so I'll continue the ACON tomorrow

Nigeria to play Ghana in the ACON Quarter Final
Yes, the draw has been made for the Quarter Final after Nigeria finished top in Group C. The draw sees runners up in group D, Ghana, who finished behind Cameroon, take on The Super Eagles. The other games are as follows:

Ivory Coast vs Angola
Burkina Faso vs Benin
South Africa vs Cameroon

10508911-ghana-vs-nigeria-soccer-live-streaming.jpg

African-Cup-of-Nations-2010-Ghana-vs-Nigeria-Watch-Video-Live-Online-Streaming.jpg

Two of the many games between these African Giants

Nigeria bow out to superb Ghana
Nigeria never turned up today, in what seemed to be a one sided affair. Ghana were 2 goals up at half time, then quickly made it a third after 50 minutes, but the spurring words at half time of manager Chris Waring wasn't enough to get Nigeria a come back, only 2 goals back against a brilliant Ghana side who deserved to win it. Will this be the end for Waring?

View attachment 83928 View attachment 83929

Ghana will go on to face Benin in the semi final, while Nigeria's next game is Greece in a friendly, who will provide very stern opposition. But will Waring still be there come the 3rd of March?

_46833972_adeleye.jpg

A Nigerian player after the defeat

African Cup of Nations Special
After Nigeria exited the competition, we catch up with the remaining teams in the tournament and how they get on.

Semi Finals
Ivory Coast 3-1 Cameroon
B. Koné 25, Gervinho 42, A. Boka 58; Emana 9
Cameroon's Alex Song's wonderful display wasn't enough to stop Cameroon succumbing defeat to the hands of one of the tournament's favourites, as Cameroon head to the 3rd place playoff while Ivory Coast play in the final

Benin 1-3 Ghana
Poté 28; Gyan 6, Muntari 8+39
Sulley Muntari vastly improved Ghana's performance as the influential central midfielder scored two key goals and assisted Gyan's. Ghana will go through to play Ivory Coast in the final while Benin take on an expectant Cameroon crowd

Third Place Playoff
Cameroon 1-1p Benin
Webo 15; Adénon 79
In what all Cameroon fans thought would be a walk in the park, it wasn't, and Benin return to their country finishing a brilliant third in the African Cup of Nations, beating the likes of Burkina Faso on the way

Final
Ghana 3-0 Ivory Coast
Essien 27, Adiyiah 58, Asamoah 60
Ghana hammered joint favourites Ivory Coast in the final, making Nigeria's 3-2 loss look somewhat a plus. Asamoah was man of the match for his rock solid performance and a goal that contributed to the win

ACON 2012 hosts announced
Hours after Ghana lifted the ACON trophy, Gabon were announced as the hosts of the African Cup of Nations 2012. Their population is under 1 million and Libreville will play host to the final.

Nigeria 'understand'
The Nigerian FA have kept faith in Chris Waring, having told him they were disappointed with the performance, but understood and would keep him since they lost narrowly to eventual winners Ghana in the Quarter Finals. "Roll on South Africa," he had to say

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Nigeria announce FIFA World Cup 2010 kits
After a decision with kit maker, Toddzy®, the Nigerian board and manager have came up with an agreement on the kits. There is wide speculation that they could enhance performance with tiny details such as cooler material. Here is the finished product, home and away:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks to toddzy for making these wonderful kits (K)

attachment.php

Nigeria announce 26 man squad to face Greece
Goalkeepers
Vincent Enyeama
Carl Ikeme
Greg Etafia

Defenders
Joseph Yobo
Taye Taiwo
Onyekachi Apam
Elliot Omozusi
Uwa Echiajile
Isaac Okoronkwo
Dele Adeleye
Chidi Odiah

Midfielders
John Obi Mikel
Femi Ajilore
Dickson Etuhu
Wilson Oruma
Sekou Oliseh
Lukman Haruna
Onyekachi Onkonkwo

Strikers
Nwankwo Kanu
Yakubu
Obafemi Martins
John Utaka
Victor Obinna
Victor Anichebe
Chinedu Obasi
Peter Odemwingie

Last edited:
Really like the Story i am going to follow the story but y did u hve to lose to ghana

Really like the Story i am going to follow the story but y did u hve to lose to ghana

A demon possessed me and made me lose I didn't do it on purpose I promise (A)

Update soonish with the Greece game

attachment.php

Super Eagles turn on the style against Greece
Nigeria produced a classy performance at Abuja Stadium to claim a 1-0 victory over Greece.

The game was much in Nigeria's favour, and this paid off when manager Chris Waring brought 21 year old Victor Anichebe on who scored the winner after 83 minutes. Anichebe's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Attendance: 41975

Our captain, Yobo, had yet another brilliant game in the heart of defence, and if he keeps up this international form he will be able to cope with the best players from around the world. He's been consistently getting man of the match awards and ratings above 7.5 which is proving the Everton centre back is an invaluable asset to Nigeria.

View attachment 83944 View attachment 83943

View attachment 83954
Dickson Etuhu celebrating the win with some of the Nigerian staff and players

attachment.php

Eagles lose in last friendly before World Cup
Nigeria fought hard against a well organised Scotland side, and although Nigeria lost 1-0 they were the better side for much of the game. The Nigerian fans will be very disappointed to come away with a loss in the last game before the World Cup, but the hard work starts now as Nigeria take on Spain in less than 10 days time.

View attachment 84004
Enyeama disappointed with manner of defeat

World Cup Squad
1) Vincent Enyeama
2) Joseph Yobo
3) Taye Taiwo
4) Onyekachi Apam
5) Elliott Omozusi
6) John Obi Mikel
7) Dickson Etuhu
8) Femi Ajilore
9) Victor Obinna
10) Yakubu
11) Chinedu Obasi
12) Peter Odemwingie
13) Victor Anichebe
14) Seyi Olofinjana
15) Lukman Haruna
16) Dele Adeleye
17) John Utaka
18) Uwa Echiejile
19) Carl Ikeme
20) Wilson Oruma
21) Onyekachi Okonkwo
22) Isaac Okoronkwo
23) Greg Etafia

Notable exclusions include Chidi Odiah and Obafemi Martins, who both miss the tournament with injuries.

attachment.php

Historic day for Nigeria!
People of Nigeria will be celebrating for some time, because their national team have beat Spain, a top 3 team in the world, by 2 goals to 1 in the FIFA World Cup Group H.

View attachment 84007

That's to confirm, the same Nigeria that lost to Scotland 11 days ago beat one of the world's best teams, and never looked underdogs.

Real Madrid striker Chinedu Obasi opened the scoring against Spain after less than one minute, then after 13 minutes Taye Taiwo made it 2 from the penalty spot. Nigeria kept a 2 goal advantage until 78 minutes when another Real Madrid player scored... this time for Spain, as Raul got Spain a consolation

View attachment 84011 View attachment 84008 View attachment 84012
Left, the Nigerian players before the game and right, jubilant Nigeria fans after the game and centre, the team that beat Spain

Good result, good luck with the other games

Thanks guys, does anyone know how to change the title? I want to change it from this to We are the Super Eagles: A Nigeria Story because this one is just really boring

EDIT don't worry now I figured out how too :)

Last edited:
attachment.php

Nigerian's through to Second Round with a game to spare
After a historic victory against Spain, Nigeria have thrashed Japan by 4 goals to 0, thanks to an outstanding performance by Joseph Yobo

Nigeria scored all 4 goals in the second half, and are now through to the next round of the FIFA World Cup

View attachment 84023 View attachment 84024
Left, Obasi looking for a penalty and right, Nigeria working in unison to finish the job against Japan

View attachment 84037
View attachment 84038
View attachment 84039

Status
Not open for further replies.