We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

Kerguelen

Reaction score
Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur

About The Club

Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur (KR) are a semi-professional club in the Icelandic premier division. They are the most successful club in Iceland and have accumulated a total of 45 trophies in their history including 25 premier division titles. In recent years however the club has found success difficult to come by, winning only 1 premier division title in the last 10 years. The club play their home games at the KR-Vollur which has a capacity of 2781.

View attachment 461032

About Me Anton Curtisson (The Manager)
I have taken over as the manager of this club after 'Runar Kristinsson' decided to take a break from the game. I go by the name of 'Anton Curtisson' (Not my real name lol) Just what my name could possibly be in Icelandic :p. I set my age at 37, which seems like a good age for a young up and coming manager :D.

Expectations
The expectations I have been given are very high. I am expected to win the league (and wasn't given any other option). I'm also expected to win the Icelandic Cup & the Icelandic Super Cup, while the board do not regard the Icelandic Upper League Cup as an important competition. However I doubt the board will be happy to see me crash out of that competition early either. I was given a transfer budget of ?40K and a wage budget of ?10.6kpw. We are currently spending ?10.3kpw so not much to work with here. I will also be participating in the 'Europa League' this season. I'm not sure what stage we will enter but I assume it will be the 1st or 2nd qualifying round.

Squad
Having thoroughly looked through my squad I am happy that we seem to be fairly strong with a very good amount of depth. The only weakness I feel is in 'right back' where we only have 1 player who can play naturally that position. I will have to address this.

Key Players

View attachment 461021 View attachment 461019 View attachment 461018
I will need my 3 key players to be performing to the best of their abilities if I am to achieve what the board expect of me.

Star Youth Players

View attachment 461016
My 'under 19 squad' has a few players with potential to be first team regulars, but this 15 year old stood out above everyone.

What To Expect In The Next Update
Next update will be pre-season, an overview of my tactics and much more :D.

Story is looking good mate. I will follow. I am guessing your dad is called Curtis?

View attachment 460940
Pre-Season
A good pre-season.
Very satisfied with what I've seen so far.

Pre-season Fixtures

Bi/Bolungarvik 1 - 5 knattspyrnufelag reykjai?kur

Haukar 1 - 5 knattspyrnufelag reykjai?kur

Volsungur 0 - 3 knattspyrnufelag reykjai?kur

Selfoss 0 - 4 knattspyrnufelag reykjai?kur

We played away games against 4 teams in the Icelandic first division, and I am very satisfied with the results. We appear to have alot of goals in us which obviously is a positive.

Tactics

View attachment 364210 View attachment 364209
I have decided to go with 2 fairly narrow tactics. We have some pretty good players in central & attacking midfield, but we are short of options on the wings. I've actually never used narrow formation before, well a formation without wingers anyway, so it will be interesting to see how this plans out.

Players In

View attachment 460937
I brought in Goalkeeper 'Lasse Jorgensen' on a non-contract deal, as I needed an experienced backup keeper. I have a few young keepers with potential who I plan to send out on loan this season. I doubt this player will be here longer than a year.

View attachment 460936
As stated earlier bringing in a Right Back was my priority, and I have managed to bring in one with alot of quality. 23 year old 'Johann Laxdal' cost a club record of ?19K to bring in but I feel he will be worth every penny. He will go straight into the starting XI.

View attachment 460931
The only player going out so far is one of my young keepers on loan to newly promoted 'Vikingur O.' Hopefully he will get the experience required.

The 'Icelandic Upper League Cup' group stages start.
Possibly some more movement in the transfer window.

Last edited:
Good story and a nice amount of detail too. Are you going to set any goals for yourself in terms of progress in Champions/Europa Cup or youth team development?

View attachment 460737

February
A good start to the 'Upper League Cup Group Stage'
Our formations seem to be working quite well so far.

February Fixtures

Knattspyrunflag Reykjavikur 3-0 Selfoss (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 460736
Our first game in the 'Upper League Cup' was at home Selfoss, who we beat 4-0 in a pre-season friendly only 3 days ago, so I was very confident of a win. We battered them left, right & center, and fully deserved our 3-0 win.

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 1-2 Knattspyrunflag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 460731
Our second 'Upper League Cup' game was away against 'IBV' who I expect will be one of the teams challenging for trophies this year. We managed a fortunate 2-1 win. Delighted with the result, not so much with the performance.

Icelandic Upper League Group B Table

View attachment 460725
With only 2 games played so far, we are the only team to take every point available. I know it's early days but I'm confident we will progress to the knockout stages without much trouble.

4 more games in the 'Upper League Cup Group Stages'. Will we have our place in the knockout stages secured early?
One of my first team players want out :(, can I convince him to stay?

Last edited:
Good story and a nice amount of detail too. Are you going to set any goals for yourself in terms of progress in Champions/Europa Cup or youth team development?

I don't have any goals this season in the Europa league. The club have never got further than the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa League, so in a couple of seasons time it would be nice if we could make the group stages.
In terms of youth development i'd definitely like to produce my own players. Our under19's have some potential so hopefully a few of them can break into the first team.

View attachment 460558

March
Good form continues.
Progression to the 'Upper League Cup' knockout rounds achieved early.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 3-1 Fram (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 460557
This was a fairly even match and looked like ending 1-1 until I took a risk with my tactics and changed to counter attacking. It worked like a treat and we dominated the last 20 minutes and ran out 3-1 winners. 'Baldur Sigurdsson' scored a wonderful volley in what proved to be his final game for us, as he left for Norwegian giants 'Stromsgodset' a couple of days later.

Volsunger 1-2 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 460556
I had hoped for a more comfortable win against 'Volsunger' who play in the 'First Division' but after we went down to 10 men just before the hour mark, I can't really complain at all.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 4-2 Thor Akureyri (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 460554
A comfortable 4-2 win against 'Thor Akureyri' means we have qualified for the knockout stages of the cup with 2 games remaining. Only 1 point required to confirm we will top our group.

Bi/Bolungarvik 1-1 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 460553
A disappointing 1-1 draw against a 'First Division' team sees us confirmed as winners of our group. Even though I played a few fringe players I had expected to win this game having battered this team in pre-season.

Icelandic Upper League Group Table

View attachment 460552
As expected we have not had much trouble in this group. We have 1 fixture left against 'Vikingur R' who will be hopeful of sneaking through to the knockouts.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 460550
The 'player of the month award' goes to central midfielder 'Alti Sigurdjonsson' who has been outstanding so far. There was no award for the month of February, as only 2 games were played but 'Sigurdjonsson's' midfield partner 'Gunnar Gunnarson' would probably have claimed it.

Transfer News
The only permanent departure was 'Baldur Sigurdsson' leaving us for a record transfer of ?47K to Norwegian giants 'Stromsgodset'. He had asked for a transfer and although I would have preferred he stayed with us, I don't keep players who don't want to be here.
We also let another young keeper go out on loan. 'Ebenzer Dingong' (what where his parents thinking naming him that?) will spend the rest of the season at 'First Division' side 'Haukar'.

How do we fear in the knockout rounds of the 'Upper League Cup'?
Can I claim my first piece of silverware?
We may have a new chairman by the end of next month... Interesting times ahead, possibly.

View attachment 460354

April

Our finishing ability deserts us at the worst possible time.
Not so happy with this months performances.

April Fixtures

Vikingur R. 1-4 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 460352
We end the group stages with a convincing win over 'First Division' outfit Vikingur R. A very good performance all round.

View attachment 457984
The final group stage table sees us end 6 points clear of 2nd place, with a goal difference of +12. An almost perfect group stage for us, as we await the quarter final draws.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 1-0 Bi/Bolungarvik (Upper League Cup Quarter Final)
View attachment 460350
We were drawn against Bi/Bolungarvik (who i'm getting fed up of playing) and we got off to a great start with a goal within 2 minutes. Unfortunately that was the only goal we scored, and the second half was quite nervy. We await our semi-final draw.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 1-2 Stjarnan (Upper League Cup Semi-Final)
View attachment 460348
I'm still trying to work out how we lost this game. We battered this team all over the pitch for 90 minutes but somehow failed to score. Then came extra time and our defense crumbled and we conceded 2 cheap goals. We managed to get 1 back but it wasn't enough. It should have been us in the finals. So disappointing.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 460344
Central defender 'Gretar Sigurdarson' was as solid as a rock for us this month.

New Chairman
Yup, we have a new chairman (Or president as they are called in Iceland) Elections took place on the 24th April. I didn't even know this was going to happen until the end of last month when a news report mentioned it. No immediate investment is going to be made, so we won't see 'Lionel Messi' in Iceland anytime soon XD.

We play in the 'Icelandic Champions Cup' against current 'Premier League' champions 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar'. Can I get my hands on some silverware?
The 'Icelandic Premier League' begins. Can we get off to the best possible start?

Last edited:
View attachment 460123

May

A pretty good month, but still some work to be done.
A first piece of silverware for me :).

May Fixtures

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 2-1 Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 460121
We started off on the back foot and conceded just after 15 minutes, but improved and equalized with a brilliant half-volley from striker 'Kjartan Finnbogason' 7 minutes before half-time. We were second best throughout much of the second half, but got the winner late in the game, via an own goal. I'm delighted to pick up my first trophy. FH will probably be feeling very disappointed, but they will just have to 8-|Deal With It8-|.

Valur 1-1 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 460118
I would have taken a draw before the game, but having got a draw I am bitterly disappointed. We had nearly 65 minutes of the game with a man advantage but we couldn't make the most of it. Despite my disappointment I decided against giving my players the hairdryer treatment.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 4-2 Breioablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 460116
I think this 'Breioablik' side are Iceland's answer to 'Stoke City' as all they done was hoof the ball forward and kick lumps out of my attackers. No surprise they were reduced to 10 men early in the second half. A 4-2 win is a not a bad result, but i'm not happy at conceding 2 late goals.

Vikingur O. 1-2 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 460114
Despite only winning 2-1 we were very comfortable for large periods of the game against relegation favorites 'Vikingur O.' We dominated the 90% of the match, but a lapse in concentration allowed them to get a goal. Another lapse in concentration at the back could have cost us the win, but fortunately we got away with it.

Fram 0-2 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 460113
We absolutely destroyed a fairly strong 'Fram' side in their own ground. We won 2-0 but it really could have been 12-0. Definitely our best performance this month.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 460109
After 4 games we are joint top with current holders 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar'. Both teams have won 3 & drawn 1. Recently promoted 'Thor Akureyri' have started off very well, unbeaten in 4 games, and still unbeaten.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 460108
Winger/ Forward 'Oskar Hakusson' has been brilliant in the league so far, with 1 goal and 2 assists and 1 'POM' award. Hopefully his form will continue.

4 league fixtures played. Will we still be top?
We play in the 'Icelandic League Cup'. Will we progress?

Last edited:
I am from Iceland, and play for Fylkir. And actually, KR won the Icelandic Premier League this summer, and broke the points record.

I am from Iceland, and play for Fylkir. And actually, KR won the Icelandic Premier League this summer, and broke the points record.

Didn't know KR done so well this year.. I know FH won it last year while KR done poor.
If your stats are good I might have to try and buy you next season :D.

View attachment 459758

June
A fairly average month
We do flatter to deceive at times.
Still unbeaten in the league.

June Fixtures

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 0-0 Thor Akureyri (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459756
We should have won this game as we were the dominant side, but our finishing let us down badly. Despite the fact 'Thor Akureyri' are also still unbeaten I still consider this as 2 points dropped.

Leiknir R. 0-3 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 459754
I rotated my squad for this game against the 'First Division' side. We were comfortable throughout and deserved our 3-0 win.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 2-2 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459753
Our second home draw in a row in the league, and i'm not happy. We probably had the better of the game but 'Stjarnan' scored with with both their 2 shots on target.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 4-1 IBV Vestmannaeyjar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459740
We managed a 4-1 win after a spell of dominance in the latter stages of the second half. Our first half performance was not good and we went behind after just 1 minute.

Ithrottabandalag Akraness 2-4 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459738
A good derby win to end the month. Again we didn't start of very well and conceded first. However we destroyed them in the second half although they did lose a man in the last minute of the first half, so that was definitely a factor.

View attachment 459737
Despite not being all that convincing we are 2 points clear at the top, with a game in hand over most teams. 'Thor Akureyri' are currently in 2nd place and doing very well which is considered a shock.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 459736
Striker Kjartan Finnbogason has been my best player this month, constantly finding the net, and causing havoc to opposition defenses.

A Lot!
We start in the first round of the 'Europa League'
We have a very busy fixture list so i'm hoping my players don't tire too much.
How far can we get in the 'Icelandic Cup'?

View attachment 459410

July
Very packed fixture list
Unlucky with the 'Europa League' draw
Lost my first league game

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 1-0 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459409
A decent performance against mid-table 'Fylkir'. The only goal of the match came from my right back 'Johann Laxdal' after 18 minutes.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 0-0 Astana (Europa League 1st Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 459407
A 0-0 draw at home to Kazakhstan side 'Astana' is not a good result. We dominated but our fringe players could not do the job. Now we need to win the away leg.

Keflavik 1-4 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459406
A good attacking performance sees us run out deserved 4-1 winners. 'Kjartan Finnbogason' was again brilliant with 2 goals, but young midfielder 'Egill Jonsson' won man of the match with his brilliant creative play.

Astana 2-4 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Europa League 1st Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 459404
I again went with a weakened team, and this time we got the job done. 15 year old attacker 'Gabriel Agnarsson' scored his first professional goal, and became the clubs youngest ever goal scorer. I'm delighted for him.

Breioablik 3-2 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459396
We lost our first game of the season, and we deserved to. We just didn't turn up. despite going 2-1 up at one point, we never looked comfortable. Very disappointed.

Rubin Kazan 1-0 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 459390
First off, what an earth are 'Rubin' doing in the early qualifying rounds? Secondly why did we have to be the unlucky one's that have to play them. Surprisingly we only lost 1-0. I had expected an annihilation.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 2-0 Breioablik (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 459385
We got our revenge on 'Breioablik' knocking them out of the 'League Cup'. They went a man down just after the hour mark, but we were in control before that incident and would have won anyway.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 0-3 Rubin Kazan (Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round / 2nd Leg)

View attachment 459381
This time we did get battered. I had expected to lose, but not as badly. We were never going the get through this tie, so I can't be too disappointed.

Ithrottafelag Hafnarfjaroar 0-4 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Final)
View attachment 459376
We smash the 'Second Division' side in the quarter finals. Our first hat-trick of the season was scored by 'Gary Martin' (the only Englishman at the club) We are through to the semi's :D.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 1-2 Knattsyprnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 459374
A dominant performance against another 'Second Division' team. We were lacking in the finishing department but a 2-1 win sees us through to the finals.

View attachment 459369
We end July joint top with 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar' but with a game in hand. Currently only 4 points between us, and 5th place 'Thor Akureyri'.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 459367
For the second month running 'Kjartan Finnbogason' is the player of the month for us. He just continues to destroy opposition defenses.

The Development Of Gabriel Agnarsson
View attachment 459366 January 2013 View attachment 459365July 2013
The youngster has developed so much, and he's still only 15. Gabriel is going to be a key player in the future, not only just for me, but for the 'Icelandic National Team'.

How do we fear in the 'Icelandic Cup' final.
With 6 league games played can we put some space between us and our title rivals?
Youth intake is next month. Hopefully some potential quality.

Last edited:
Didn't know KR done so well this year.. I know FH won it last year while KR done poor.
If your stats are good I might have to try and buy you next season :D.

All right man, check out H?kon Ingi J?nsson in the youth team probably. :D

View attachment 459082
August
An almost perfect month.
Another trophy in the bag
8-|.

August Fixtures

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 4-3 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459081
What a game!!! We went 2-0 up very early, but just as quickly as we scored 2 goals they came back with 2 of their own and equalized. They then lost a man for a fly kick on one of my forwards. An entertaining 2nd half saw is score 2 more goals before they pulled one back in the 90th minute.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 2-1 Vikingur R. (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459080
An OK performance against relegation threatened 'Vikingur R'. Oskar Hauksson with both of our goals.

Thor Akureyri 1-1 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459079
A 1-1 draw away to an over achieving 'Thor Akureyri' is not a bad result. Had hoped to steal a win, but i'm not too disappointed.

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 1-5 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Final)********FINALS**********
View attachment 459076
I had expected a close game, but we completely destroyed our 'Second Division' opposition. 'Kjartan Finnbogason' with a hat-trick and scored 'Gary Martin' with a wonder goal. A perfect way to win the finals.

Stjarnan 2-4 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459074
A good away win, if my players were tired from the finals, they didn't show it. 'Oskar Hauksson' was brilliant today.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 2-1 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459072
A good performance sees us run out 2-1 winners against a fairly strong 'Fram' side. Another 2 goals for the unstoppable 'Kjartan Finnbogason'.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 0-1 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 459071
Our first home loss in the league was deserved. Infact we were lucky to only lose as we just didn't turn up. We could have had the league pretty much wrapped up if we had won. Bitterly disappointed.

View attachment 459070
We are 5 points clear at the top, with only 5 games left. If only we had beaten 'Valur' we would have pretty much guaranteed ourselves the title. With a couple of very difficult fixtures left, we need to perform well next month to claim the title.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 459069
Yes, it's him again. 'Kjartan Finnbogason' with his 3rd player of the month award in a row. Sometimes he's just unplayable.

Youth Intake
Unfortunately there's nothing to report here. No player coming through the system has a potential of more than 2 stars. I will most likely let them all leave once their youth contracts run down, or even release them early.

Can we win the league title and complete the Treble?

Last edited:
View attachment 458376

September
We win the league with 3 games to spare.
*****That Means We Win The Treble!!!!!!!!*****

September Fixtures

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 2-0 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Icelandic Premier League)

View attachment 458587
A good 2-0 win, with that man 'Kjartan Finnbogason' amongst the goals again. Our end goal was an absolute stunner from 'Gary Martin'. We edge closer to the title.

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 2-3 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 458584
Due to players on international duty, I was forced to play a weakened side. Our opposition were not missing many key players, so I knew this would be a difficult task. We looked like losing until the 90th minute when we equalized. I was happy to take a draw, until we scored a winner with the last kick of the game. I could not hide my delight. We could have the title in the bag before our next fixture.

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 3-1 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 458578
THE LEAGUE IS OURS!! Well I knew it was ours before we played, as 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar' lost earlier in the day. Still, we put in a dominant first half performance to run out comfortable 3-1 winners against already relegated 'Keflavik'.

Fylkir 1-0 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 458574
I played a weakened team, against a 'Fylkir' side needing a win to avoid relegation. We under-performed, but this is one of the rare occasions where a loss doesn't annoy me. 'Fylkir' are safe for another year.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 458568
I had hoped to end the season with a win over our rivals, but it wasn't to be. I was disappointed to lose this game, but after a brilliant season, i'm willing to brush this defeat under the carpet. 'FH' finish in 2nd in the league, 7 points behind us.

View attachment 458567
A brilliant year for us. The league was tougher than the table shows, and I didn't expect to win it by 7 points. Bring on the celebrations!!!

Player Of The Month

View attachment 458566
Young central midfielder 'Egill Jonsson' wins this months player of the month award. He's currently on a non-contract deal, but i'd like to give him a long team contract over the summer.

A review of this season.

Last edited:
View attachment 458371

Season Review
Review of a brilliant first season8-|.

Stats

View attachment 458367
We didn't have anyone in the top 4 goal scorers. 'Kjartan Finnbogason' was our top scorer in the league with 12 goals.
Egill Jonsson, Kjartan Finnbogason & Jonas Gronner were all in the top 4 for player ratings.
'Kjartan Finnbogason' was in the top 4 for the highest amount of assists.

Fair Play award

View attachment 458363
We were the winners of the leagues 'Fair Play Award'. None of my players were sent off in the league.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 458370
Delighted to have 6 of my players in the Icelandic Premier League team of the year. It just shows how well we have performed over the past year.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 458357
After winning the treble, I won the award for manager of the year (H).

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 458356
No surprises that 'Kjartan Finnbogason' was our player of the year.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 458355
Jonas Gronner was by far our best young player (under 21) this year. He has been on loan to us from Norwegian giants 'Brann' this season. I would love to bring him here permanently, although weather I can afford him of not remains to be seen.

Icelandic Trophy Winners
Icelandic Upper League Cup - Valur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur

A preview of the upcoming season.

View attachment 457338

Pre-Season
A good pre-season
We look ready for the season ahead.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Leiknir F. 1-3 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur

Bi/Bolungarvik 1 -6 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur

Throttur R. 0-4 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur

Throttur V. 0-5 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur

Kari 2-2 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur

Ithrottafelag Hafnarfjaroar 0-3 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur

6 games played against, teams from the Icelandic First Division & Icelandic Second Division. Except for the 2-2 draw with 'Kari' I was happy with how our pre-season friendlies went.

Players In

View attachment 457337
As I was unable to afford 'Jonas Gronner' on a permanent deal, a new defender was a must. I have brought in a good replacement on a free transfer in the shape of 'Kristjan Hauksson' (I now have 3 Hauksson's on my team). I still haven't given up on bringing back 'Jonas Gronner' to the club in the future.

View attachment 457336
Our 2nd and only other signing so far is 'Brynjar Guomundsson' on a non-contract deal. I wanted him on a permanent contract but couldn't afford his wage demands, but he was willing to accept the non-contract deal. He come's in on a free after refusing a new deal at rivals 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar'.

View attachment 457335
No permanent out-going transfers so far. Just 2 young players going out on loan. 'Ebenezer Dingong' goes on a season long loan to fellow premier league side 'IBV Vestmannaeyjar'. The other player going on loan is 'Oli Friothjofsson' to second division side 'Grotta'. While I can see 'Ebenezer Dingong' becoming a good player for us in the future, I'm unsure on 'Oli Friothjofsson's' ability.

The start of the 'Icelandic Upper League Cup'
Will there be any more movement in the transfer market?

View attachment 457049

February
A good start to the 'Upper League Cup Group Stage'
Our new signings seem to be settling in well.

February Fixtures

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 2-5 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 457047
We were very good on the attack, but a bit shaky in defense at times. One of my new signings 'Brynjar A. Guomundsson' scored on his debut :).

Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur 2-0 IBV Vestmannaeyjar' (Upper League Cup Group Stages)
View attachment 457000
A good performance, and a much better defensive performance against fellow premier league side 'IBV Vestmannaeyjar'.

Icelandic Upper League Table Group A
View attachment 456999
Top of the group after 2 games as expected. Just like last year, I expect to go through to the knockout rounds comfortably.

**No player of the month award for this month as we only played 2 games**

4 games in the 'Upper League Cup'. Will we get through to the knockouts comfortably?
Big news transfer wise for us, unfortunately its not positive
:(.

Last edited: