We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

View attachment 452009
June
Still struggling.
Looks like we will struggle to put in any sort of title challenge.

June Fixtures

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 452005
Our 3rd round tie was against the team we have beaten in the finals of this cup twice in a row, and we managed to beat them while resting a few key players.

Breioablik 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 452003
A draw away to the current champions is not a bad result at all, and out of the 2 teams we looked more likely to get the winner.

Ithrottabandalag Akraness 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 452000
We won 2-0 but we could have won by about 6 or 7 with some more composure in front of goal. 'Bjorn Jonsson' scored a stunning 25 yard strike which looks like a contender for goal of the season.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-4 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451999
Oh Dear! :(

Valur 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451998
After being dominated for 90 minutes, i'm still trying to work out how we escaped with a draw. Then again it makes a change from me having most of the game and coming away very little.

Icelandic Premier League

View attachment 451996
5 points off the top already. It doesn't look like being a positive season for us at all.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 451995
'Gunnar Gunnarsson' who is usually a backup player got a run in the first team, and done a good job.

What To Expect In The Next Update

We play in the Europa League, how will we fare?
Will our league for improve?

View attachment 451471

July
A month of ups & downs.
I need to get my team playing like we were playing in my first season.

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 9-0 La Fiorita (Europa League 1st Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 451470
This is a record win for the club, the previous record was 9-1 which happened many years ago. Our opposition from 'San Marino' were weak, but I didn't see this result coming.

La Fiorita 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League 1st Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 451469
We were just as impressive as we were in the first leg, and won 15-0 on aggregate. If only we could do this in the league..

Fram 2-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451468
A 2-2 draw at 'Fram' is a good result. We were 2-0 down at half time, and I showed my team my displeasure with their performance. We came out looking like a different team in the 2nd half and were probably unlucky not to take all 3 points.

AA Gent 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 451467
We held the Belgium giants to a 0-0 draw, although we probably didn't deserve anything out of this match.

Vikingur R. 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 451466
We made it through to the quarter finals of the 'Icelandic League Cup' but it took longer than expected. We finally scored 2 goals in extra time, thanks to a 'Brynjar Guomundsson' double.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-2 AA Gent (Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 451464
I feel with better finishing we could have made it through to the next round, but it wasn't our night.

Valur 3-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 451463
I guess I won't be winning this competition for the 3rd season running. We were awful today, and if it wasn't for 'Alti Sigurjonsson' scoring 2 sublime free-kicks the scoreline would have really looked dire.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 IBV Vestmannaeyjar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451461
I demanded a better performance, and we did play fairly well against a struggling 'Vestmannaeyjar' side. We would have won more comfortably if we were a bit more ambitious in the final third.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 451460
We are nowhere near where I expect us to be right now. Being stuck in 6th place is unacceptable, and we must improve dramatically if we are going to have a chance of the title. At the moment it looks like being a barren year, as we are out of all cup competitions. Surprisingly the board are still satisfied with my performance.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 451454
'Atli Sigurjonsson' has been quality as usual. I'm actually surprised no bigger clubs are after him yet, not that I actually want him to go. He's the first name on the team sheet right now.

Hopefully an amazing month and we shoot up the table. Probably won't happen though.

View attachment 451317

August

A pretty good month. It's been a while since I've had one of them.

August Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-2 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451316
I had expected to win against relegation threatened 'Fylkir' and managed it, despite going behind twice.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451315
A solid performance here, and my 2 best players this season 'Gary Martin' & 'Atli Sigurjonsson' were on the score-sheet.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451314
Our best result of the season. I didn't expect to get anything out of this game, but we were brilliant throughout.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451313
Another very good performance, and a brilliant hat-trick from 'Gary Martin' seals 3 points for us, as we climb up the table.

Vikingur R. 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451312
A tougher than expected game against relegation battlers 'Vikingur R'. While we didn't perform as well as in our previous 2 games we were not that bad, and managed the 1-0 win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-1 Breioablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451310
Our good spell comes to an abrupt halt, as we were completely dominated by last years champions 'Breioablik'. We didn't even produce 1 decent attack in the whole match. Awful!!

Stjarnan 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451309
We didn't deserve to only come away with 1 point as we were the dominant team, and we hit the bar 3 times which was very frustrating.

View attachment 451308
Despite a fairly good month we are not any closer to the top of the league as we were previously. All the good teams seemed to have a good month. Looks like 'Fram' are going to take the title this year.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 451307
7 goals in 6 games this month for our star striker. 'Gary Martin' was by far our best player this month.

Youth Intake

View attachment 451296 View attachment 451295 View attachment 451294 View attachment 451293 View attachment 451289
This year we had a brilliant youth intake, and here are my best 5. 'Steingrimur Egilson' & 'Leonard Saevarsson' are the best 2 and they have the potential to be brilliant. However I think all 5 have the ability to make it into the first team in the future.

The final 4 games of the league season.
We won't finish top so, where will we finish in the league?

Last edited:
Good read mate, the new youth intake players names just roll of the tongue, shame about the league but im sure you will get 2nd!

intresting story from a country i dont think i could do lol gd luck

View attachment 451070

September
Not a bad final month to the season.

September Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-4 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451069
I lost this game because I had no keeper. Literally every keeper was on international duty. Even my 17 year old who has never played a league game was away with the U19's. I was forced to put a midfielder (Andri Olafsson, the captain had to take 1 for the team) in goal, and well, I don't really need to say how that worked out. To be honest I don't even think this game should have gone ahead, it should have been rescheduled for a later date.
Yes, i'm fuming inside, but i'm trying to keep composed.

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451067
Our fury at the previous game was taken out on a 'Vestmannaeyjar' side looking to avoid relegation.

Haukar 2-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451066
A superb hat-trick from 18 year old 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' gave us victory in an even match against 'Haukar'. I have such high hopes for 'Gabriel' and believe he is destined to play for a top European club in the future.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Vaur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 451065
We managed a win in our final game of the season, against 'Valur' who we usually struggle against. 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' got the only goal of the game with a brilliant finish. 'Valur' somehow managed to get 3 players sent off in injury time. It didn't matter as we barely had time to make anymore of our numerical advantage.

View attachment 451064
We end up finishing 3rd, and 4 points of winners 'Fram'. I don't think anyone expected 'Fram' to challenge for the title, let alone win the league. Anyway this year has been a poor one for us.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 451063
This could be the month that 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' becomes a man. He scored 5 goals in 4 games, and surprised me with his overall performance. I think he deserves a new improved contract over the summer.

A review of a very disappointing & barren season.

View attachment 450785

Season Review

A very poor season overall.
No silverware this year.
Surprised my job has remained stable throughout the season.

Stats

View attachment 450783
We had 'Gary Martin' in the top 4 for goals scored over the league season.
No one was in the top 4 for player ratings or assists. Not surprised by this.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 450781
We only had 1 red card in the league all season, and I don't remember any more yellow cards than usual yet we were not in the top 3 for fair play. I can only assume we gave away alot more fouls than usual.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 450780
The 2 players I expected to see here were here. 'Gary Martin' & 'Atli Sigurjonsson' make the team of the year.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 450778
Obviously I wasn't in the top 3 for this.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 450763
'Atli Sigurjonsson' wins it this year. It was always going to be between him and 'Gary Martin'.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 450762
'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' only played in 9 league games this season due to injury, but when he did pay he impressed & his hat-trick against 'Haukar' outlined his potential.

Icelandic Trophy Winners
Icelandic Upper League Cup - Breioablik
Icelandic Champions Cup - Breioablik
Icelandic Cup - Valur
Icelandic Premier League - Fram

A preview of the upcoming season (Which better be an improvement on this one)

Last edited:
View attachment 450504

Pre-Season
An somewhat indifferent pre-season.
We did play some higher reputation teams though.
3 new additions to the squad.

Pre Season Fixtures

Hamar 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Selfoss 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 Astra Giurgiu

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-3 Petrolul

Hottur 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Volsungur 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

3 wins and 3 losses, although I probably shouldn't have expected much out of the home games against 'Astra Giurgiu' & 'Petrolul' as they were considered to be higher reputation teams. Losing to Selfoss was disappointing.

Players In

View attachment 450488
Our first signing is striker 'Vioar Kjartansson'. I felt we needed 1 more striker to give me options in attack. He come's in on a free from recently relegated 'Fylkir'

View attachment 450487
I decided a 3rd keeper was required, as I don't ever want to end up in that situation again where i'm unable to field a keeper. He probably won't play much, but will get a few games in easy cup games.

View attachment 450486
This is the key summer signing. Central defender 'Brynjar Gauti Guojonsson' who cost a record ?22K from' Stjarnan'. While our defense wasn't a priority this year, I just couldn't let this one pass. He's on a big contract ( ?1,300pkw ) but when you bring in someone of this quality you have to pay big wages.

Players Out

View attachment 450484
Alot of players (mainly youngsters) went out on loan, and i'm not finished sending payers out. A couple of players in the first team who haven't been impressing me much may be leaving soon either on loan or permanently.

The group stages of the 'Upper League Cup' starts.
We have a difficult group this year, how will we fare?

View attachment 450081

February
A short month.
2 games & 2 wins.

February Fixtures

Grindavik 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 450079
A good start with an expected win over newly promoted 'Grindavik'. What I didn't expect was such a good performance from new signing 'Vioar Kjartansson'. A hat-trick on his debut is a great achievement for any player.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Ithorttabandalag Akraness (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 450078
A good performance against another 'Premier League Team'. 'Vioar Kjartansson' was again on the score-sheet & he's looking like being a very good signing.

Icelandic Upper League Group A Table

View attachment 450071
We were supposed to play 3 games this month, but our game against 'Vikingur R' was postponed due to heavy snow. As always I expect to comfortably get through to the knockout rounds.

**Only 2 fixtures so no player of the month award for February***

4 games in the upper league group stages.
We expect to have secured our knockout round place by the end of next month.

View attachment 449687

March
We're looking good.
Easily through to the knockout rounds.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-2 Haukar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 449686
Despite the fact we conceded 2 penalty's & 'Hauker' conceded a penalty and lost a man, this was far from a dirty match. I just believe the ref was high on crystal meth. Anyway we got the winner in stoppage time thanks to 'Gary Martin' scoring a well timed finish.

Vikingur R. 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 449685
We dominated an barely let our opponents see the ball but left it late to score our 2 goals. In the end it was our left back & defensive midfielder who got on the score-sheet. We're already on the verge of making the knockouts.

Stjarnan 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 449677
This was our toughest group match, and we came out on top in what was a fairly even game. 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' scored the only goal of the game just after half time. Knockout qualification is sealed.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Bi/Bolungarvik (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 449673
A comfortable 3-1 win could have been even more comfortable had 'Atli Sigurjonsson' not missed a penalty.

Icelandic Upper League Group A Table

View attachment 449670
We have battered this group. I expected a comfortable journey to the knockouts, but didn't expect it to be this comfortable. 1 game left in the group against 'Tindastoll'.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 449667
Our new central defender 'Brynjar Gauti Guojonsson' get the player of the month award after a very impressive start to his career at the club.

How far can we get in this competition?
Any more news on the transfer front?

View attachment 449410

April
Another good month.
A new signing has been made.
We get our hands on the 'Upper League Cup'.

April Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Tindastoll (Upper League Cup group Stage)
View attachment 449409
The final game of the group sees us win 3-0 in a easy fixture against 'First Division' side 'Tindastoll'. I obviously rested a few key players for this game.

View attachment 449408
What I had expected to be a fairly tough group with 4 other 'Premier League' teams turned out to be not so tough after all, as we win all 7 games and storm through to the knockouts.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Fjolnir (Upper League Cup Quarter Final)
View attachment 449407
We dominated this match, but it took a bit longer than expected to find the net. Once we did there was only going to be 1 result, and were off to the semi-finals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Valur (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 449405
I don't usually like playing 'Valur' as we seem to always struggle against them. Today was no different and we had to work very hard for our victory, but in the end we deserved our 2-0 victory. Unfortunately we lost our first choice left-back for 3 month's with ligament damage, and I may be forced to bring in a replacement with that area looking very thin now.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 IBV Vestmannaeyjar (Upper League Cup Final)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 449404
GET IN THERE!!! We beat fellow 'Premier League' side to lift the 'Upper League Cup'. We took the lead with a brilliant finish from 'Gary Martin', but our opponents managed to equalize with an well timed effort. With extra time looking likely, 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' scored a wonderful first time effort from a tight angle to secure us the deserved win.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 449403
'Brynjar Gauti Guojonsson' continued his fine form, and showed me I was right to splash out the ?22k to sign him.

New Signing

View attachment 449402
I needed to bring in a new left-back after I lost my first choice in that position to long term injury. I have brought in 'Kristinn Jonsson' from title rivals for ?5K. He is a player I had looked at previously, and had thought about signing last season.

Transfer Centre

View attachment 449401
Not much else to report. Last month I did let 'Thorsteinn Ragnarsson' go on loan to 'Breoiablik' as he wasn't going to get much playing time here.

The start of the Icelandic Premier League.
Can we continue our good form?

View attachment 449058

May
A fairly indifferent start to the league campaign.
Luck wasn't on my side.

May Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-3 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 449057
After going behind in the 1st minute, then missing a penalty 6 minutes later, I knew this game just wouldn't go as planned. In the end I suffered probably my most undeserved defeat in this save. My opponents had 3 shots on target and scored all 3 of them, and all of their goals were wonder strikes :mad:.

Haukar 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 449056
In a pretty even match we managed to take all 3 points, thanks to our slightly superior finishing. 'Gary Martin' with the goal.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 449055
A solid win against our local rivals is always good. Our second goal was an amazing 35 yard free kick from 'Jonas Saevarsson'.

Fjolnir 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 449045
Another solid performance, this time against relegation favorites 'Fjolnir'. 'Atli' Sigurjonsson' scored 2 goals, with the 2nd being a lop from a fairly tight angle.

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 449042
'Vestmannaeyjar' managed to get revenge on me for their cup final defeat, and dent my title hopes with a 1-0 win. Very annoyed to lose, and even more annoyed that their goal came in the 89th minute.

View attachment 449040
Currently sitting in 5th, after the first 5 games. Surprisingly 'Stjarnan' have started off very well and are top at this early stage.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 449038
I can always rely on 'Atli Sigurjonsson' to impress on a consistent basis (except when taking penalty's) and this month he was our best player, with 3 goals & 1 assist in 5 matches.

June is usually a poor month for me, will that change?
Our Europa League campaign starts. How will we do?

View attachment 448783

June
A fairly good month.
A couple of high scoring games.

June Fixtures

Tindastoll 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 448780
A good win, especially as we played a weakened squad. Two of my youngsters (Grimur Atlason & Trausti Magnusson) make their professional debut's and they both impress.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448772
A very good win. Normally we struggle against this team, but that was the 2nd time we've played them this season and won comfortably.

Fram 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448759
We just didn't show up today against current league champions 'Fram', and we concede a very late goal to deny us a point which annoys me alot.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448752
We get a 1-0 win against high flying 'Starjan' in a game which was probably a bit boring for the fans to watch. 'Einar Einarsson' with the goal.

Grindavik 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448744
We smash a 'Grindavik' side who look destined for relegation this season. 'Gary Martin' & 'Atli Sigurjonsson' were playing like they were Lionel Messi & Andreas Iniseta.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-3 Racing FC (Europa League 1st Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 448738
We were drawn against 'Racing FC' from Luxembourg in our first qualifier & played out a very entertaining game. I fielded a team mainly of fringe players & youngsters, and i'm very happy with our attacking performance. 17 year old central defender 'Grimur Atlason' scored a double, in only his 2nd ever professional game. 17 year old central midfielder 'Trausti Magnusson' was also on the scoresheet, and this was also only his 2nd ever professional game.

Icelandic Premier League

View attachment 448736
We are currently 3rd after 9 games, and 3 points off the top.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 448735
'Finnur Margeirsson' was our player of the month this time. The defensive midfielder was brilliant with his defensive duties, and also managed to get 2 goals this month.

A couple of difficult league fixtures, how will we do?
Can we progress in the Icelandic Cup & the Europa League?

Last edited:
View attachment 448354

July
A brilliant month.
Very proud of my team.
9 games this month & we were unbeaten this month.

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Breoiablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448352
A good performance here has we controlled the game against our title rivals. Their only shot on target was a penalty we gave away after a silly challenge which they scored. We won 2-1 but we could have won by more.

Racing FC 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League 1st Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 448350
A good performance from my fringe & young players. We were always going to go through as we had won the first leg comfortably. We win 8-4 on aggregate.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448349
Probably our best performance under my management. We absolutely murdered our title rivals. I would have been very happy with a scrappy win, but I didn't see this coming at all.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Aktobe (Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 448344
We were drawn against 'Aktobe' from Kazakhstan, and were pretty comfortable throughout the game. The 3-1 scoreline was about right. 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' got 2 of our goals.

Ithrottabandalag Akraness 2-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448343
We should have won this game comfortably, but our finishing was not good enough. It looked like we were going to lose this but we equalized 2 minutes before the final whistle.

Aktobe 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 448342
Through to the 3rd qualifying round with a pretty good performance. We win 5-1 on aggregate.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 448340
Through to the quarter finals of the Icelandic Cup after a good win against my 'Second Division' opponents.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Belshina (Europa League 3rd Quaifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 448339
We dominated possession, but the amount of chances created were fairly equal, and we probably didn't do enough to win this game. I am confident we can win the away leg if I put out a stronger team.
Haukar 2-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 448336
I think my central defenders wanted 'Haukar' to get to the semi-finals as both of them managed to score own goals. Fortunately our strikers were on my side and both 'Gary Martin' & 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' scored doubles as we win the match 4-2.

View attachment 448335
It's tight near the top with ourselves, 'Fram' & 'Valur' looking likely to be battling for the title. Surprisingly 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar' are struggling in 9th. I expect they will pick up, but can't see them challenging for the title this year.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 448334
After an injury plagued start to the season 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' finally gets a consistent run of games. He's been brilliant this month, especially so in the European games.

Another month with a busy fixture list.
We are in the semi-finals of the Icelandic Cup, can we go all the way and win it?
Youth intakes next month, will we have any potential superstars?

View attachment 448156

August
A good month, but not as good as July.
Unfortunately injuries are starting to pile up.
A massive 10 fixtures this month.
We win the Icelandic Cup.

August Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 448155
We looked tired this match and didn't really create much, but done just enough to make in to the finals. 'Atli Sigurjonsson' scoring a penalty after 7 minutes seals the victory.

Belshina 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 448154
I was confident of getting through this tie, and veteran defender 'Gretar Siguroarson' sealed the victory with a close range finish. We win 2-1 on aggregate.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448153
3 words. 'Gabriel Igni Agnarsson'. Yes, the young forward gets another hat-trick.

Knattspyrnufekag Reykjavikur 1-1 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448151
I'm always given a tough game by 'Haukar' and today was no different. I can pretty much guarantee 'Hauker' will challenge for the title next season, as they seem to have got alot of quality players out of nowhere.

Leiknir R 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 448150
Did my opponents even try to win this game? I destroy them and they don't even register a single shot in 90 minutes, not that i'm complaining lol. Another trophy in the bag :D. The only disappointment is 'Einar Einarsson' is now out for the rest of the season with fractured ribs.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 IBV Vestmannaeyjar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448149
For the 2nd game in a row, we don't let our opponents register a shot on goal. A very easy win here. Another injury though, as 'Gary Martin' is out for up to 7 weeks with a sprained ankle. I'm surprised he was able to continue playing this match carrying the injury, but i'm glad he did as I had used up all my subs by the time he got injured.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-1 SC Heernveen (Europa League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 448145
My plan was to disrupt the flow of the game against my much bigger opponents and hit them on the counter, and it almost worked as we hit the bar twice during the latter stages of the game. The stats are deceiving as most of my opponents shots were from 35/40 yards out which my keeper easily dealt with.

Valur 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448144
This was a game I couldn't afford to lose, but we lost it. We didn't deserve to lose & we were the better team despite going down to 10 men early in the second half. If we had avoided the sending off i'm sure we could have taken something from this game.... 'Valur' go top.

SC Heernveen 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 448143
We didn't play badly at all and our counter attacking play almost got us through to the group stages, but unfortunately it want't to be as we lose 2-1 on aggregate. Had we managed to get into the group stages it would have been a first for any Icelandic club. I'm still pleased with our 'Europa League' run.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 448141
This game was a must win against our title rivals, and we managed to win 3-0 although it wasn't as comfortable as the scoreline suggests. 'Atli Sigurjonsson' missed another penalty in this game, and now has lost his penalty taking duties (He has only scored 5 of his last 9 penalty's). 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' will take penalty's from now on.

View attachment 448139
It is so tight going into the final month of the season, and mathematically anyone in the top 6 can win the league, although i honestly think it will be either us, Fram of Valur who lift the trophy.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 448136
'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' wins our player of the month award for the second month running. If he had been fit all season, I think we would have the league pretty much wrapped up by now.

Youth Intakes

View attachment 448135
This year's youth intakes have been a disappointment, and this keeper looks like the only 1 who has a chance of being any good, although I doubt he will ever be a first choice keeper for me.

Us, 'Fram' or 'Vlaur'... Who wins the league?

Last edited:
View attachment 447833

September
A good month for us, so do we win the league?
However an unfortunate injury upsets me
:(.

September Fixtures

Keflavik 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 447851
A good win away to a mid-table side. 2 goals from the amazing 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' helps seal victory.

Breoiablik 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 447850
I had a bit of help from an old boy, as 'Oskar Hauksson' got sent off for 'Breoiablik'. In the end 'Breoiablik' ended up with 8 men on the pitch due to a series of reckless challenges. I decided to just sit on my 1-0 lead for the rest of the game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Grindavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 447849
This game was going well until the 82nd minute when 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' went off with an injury, and the commentary said we looked worried for him. After the game I find out he broke his foot and would be out for up to 7 months :'(. NOOOOOO!!!!! That's the kind of injury that could ruin a player!!

Stjarnan 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 447848
A tough fixture, and one that looked like being a bore draw until Stjarnan lost a man. With the man advantage we started to dominate the game, and got 2 late goals to win the game. We just need a point from our last game to guarantee the league is ours, will we do it.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 447846
IT'S OURS!!!!!! IT'S OURS!!!!!! We didn't play that well but it doesn't matter because the title is ours. 'Valur' also drew their last game so even if we had lost it wouldn't have mattered too much.

View attachment 447841
It was a tough year in the league, but we done it. We only conceded 12 goals during the season, an amazing feat by anyone's standards. So this means we complete the treble for the 2nd time in 4 years.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 447834
Not usually a starter, but due to injuries managed to get a good run in the starting XI and managed 3 goals this month, to win our player of the month award.

A review of our brilliant season.
Things are going to change a bit next year, so what will be the changes?

View attachment 447499

Season Review
A brilliant Season.
We complete the treble
:D.
Probably a more successful season than my first season, due to doing well in Europe.

Stats

View attachment 447498
None of my players in the top 4 for goals scored. Not too surprising as 'Gary Martin & Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' were injured for large periods of the season.
'Atli Sigurjonsson' was in the top 4 for player ratings.
None of my players were in the top player ratings for assists.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 447497
We were the 2nd fairest team in the league this year. Only 1 sending off for us in the league & I think we are generally a clean team.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 447494
4 of my players in the team of the year. Our keeper young 'Runar Runarsson' obviously in the team as we only conceded 12 league goals all year. The other 3 were 'Finnur Margeirsson', 'Brynjar Gauti Guojonsson' & 'Atli Sigurjonsson'.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 447492
I felt I should have won it considering we won the treble, but it went to 'Olafur Johanesson' of Haukar & I came 2nd.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 447491
This year it went to 'Brynjar Gauti Guojonsson'. He was bought at the start of the season for a club record of ?22k & proved to be worth every penny.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 447502
Keeper 'Runar Runarsson' was our best young player this year, keeping 13 clean sheets in 20 league appearances & only conceding 11 goals.

2 Rising Stars Of The Future

View attachment 447501 View attachment 447500
'Grimur Bjorn Atlison' & 'Trausti Magnusson' joined the club last August in our youth intake and I said they could become stars in the future, but I didn't expect them both to develop so much in the space of 14 months & play so many games in the 1st team this season.

Stadium Expansion Planned

View attachment 447488
I didn't ask for this but I'm glad the club are expanding the stadium. We will be ground-sharing with 'Fram' for the majority of next season while the expansion work takes place.

Planned Youth Facilities

View attachment 447486
I asked for this, and the board were happy to agree it :).

Overview Of Myself

View attachment 447483
Currently have a win rate of 66% which I feel is brilliant. My reputation increased from National to Continental earlier in the season, probably due to doing well in Europe. I have recently signed a new 3 year contract :).

Icelandic Trophy Winners
Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Valur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

A preview of the season ahead.

Last edited:
View attachment 446809

Off Season Update
I planned on waiting until pre-season for the next update, but a few things have taken place that needs reporting now
:).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur Go Professional

View attachment 446808
That's right :D. We are now a professional club, and the only Icelandic club to turn professional. I'm delighted it's finally happened. I'm looking forward to seeing my youngsters progress (hopefully rapidly) now that they can train full time.

Scouting Range Increased

View attachment 446807
We can now scout anywhere in Europe. I'm delighted by this, however I won't be bringing loads of foreigners as I still want to keep the core of the team Icelandic. Hopefully I can being in some of the big name Icelandic players plying their trade around Europe. Who knows, maybe in a few years time Tottenham's Gylfi Sigurosson' would be inetrested in joining us.

Contract Changes
Now we are professional I have signed a new full time 4 year contract. I will need to give all my backroom staff & players new full time contracts in the near future. I'll do this during the course of next season.

It will be the pre-season update & if there's anything new to report it will be in that update.

View attachment 446390

Pre-Season
A very positive pre-season.
Not much happening on the transfer front.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Sindri 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Tindastoll 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Bi/Bolungarvik 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Hamar 1-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Astra Giurgiu

Volsgunar 0-7 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Selfoss 3-7 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Njarovik 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

We played 8 friendlies an won all of them. I arranged a fixture against Romania's 'Astra Giurgiu' who are a more reputable team and we beat them 3-0. Last year in pre-season we lost to them 2-0.

Transfers

View attachment 446387
No incoming transfers so far, and there probably won't be any. I was barely given any money and little I have will all go on wages as I need to move my players onto professional contracts. Alot of youngsters again going on loan for some first team experience, A few of them I don't plan on keeping so hopefully their value can rise & I can make some decent money from them next season.

The start of the upper league cup group stages.
I have an easy group this year with the only other good team being 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar'.

View attachment 445963

February
We start off well in the upper league cup group stages.
2 games played & 2 wins recorded.

February Fixtures

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 445962
An easy win against a newly promoted team, who I doubt will have much of an impact anywhere this season. I didn't many of my usual starting XI players here.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 IBV Vestmannaeyjar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 445961
The fact that 'Vestmannaeyjar' went down to 10 men didn't matter much as we were dominant before their sending off. A good win, but a win I had expected.

Icelandic Upper League Group C Table

View attachment 445960
So far nothing happening that I haven't expected in our group.

3 more games in the group.
I plan on giving my fringe some players a run out next month so will any impress?