Reaction score
The return of the Pompey story

View attachment 461015

Hello everyone this is the return of my Portsmouth story this time on
Football Manager 2014, last year some of you may remember my Portsmouth story where i one League 2 in my first season with Portsmouth and started off life in League 1 but it didn't last as long as i was hoping but maybe this year i can go that step further and get us back to the big time with help from the magnificent support of the Fratton faithful. I hope many of the people who followed my last Pompey story will following this one and maybe some newcomers.

I hope you enjoy and
PUP !

good luck mate im in 2nd season as them and its solid .

sittin outside league 1 playoff place with 8 games left

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Whittingham Walks !

View attachment 460997

After a Press-conference held at Fratton Park today, Portsmouth chairman, Iain McInnes confirmed that ex Portsmouth player and Manager Guy Whittingham has left the club by mutual consent and the club will be hoping to appoint a successor in the next week.

View attachment 460996
Sky Bet odds for next Portsmouth manager

Ian Dowie 20/1
Sol Campbell 18/1
Paolo Di Canio 12/1
David James 8/1
Andy Awford 4/1

Transfers & Pre-Season
View attachment 460958

Key Players

'Super' Jed Wallace

View attachment 460956

Im expecting big things from Jed and hopefully he can guide us up the table and maybe up the leagues.

Andy Barcham
View attachment 460955

A pacey winger who im hoping will bang in a few goals and also get us a shed load of assists.

Pat Agyemang
View attachment 460954

His experience up top will be vital also his partner in crime Connolly will help us out a lot but there is a lot of competition for that striker spot; Pat, Connolly, Bird, Jervis and a few new signings.

Transfers

In

Anthony O'Connor loan from Blackburn
-
Stuart O'Keefe loan from Palace
-
Tom Lawrence loan from Man Utd
-
Kieran Agard loan from Rotherham

+ a few youngsters coming in on frees Dan Thompson returned after Guy released him also coming in on a free ex-Man United keeper Dean Santangelo and former Spurs striker Victor Zapata.

Out
Lewis Horsburgh loan to Wealdstone
George Branford loan to Bromley
Jack Maloney loan to Hayes & Yeading

----------------------------------------------

Pre-season

Gosport 0-5 Portsmouth
Goalscorers: Bird x4, Connolly

Stevenage 2-1 Portsmouth
Goalscorers: Bradley

MK Dons 3-2 Portsmouth

Goalscorers: Bird, Agyemang

Portsmouth 2-2 Leyton Orient
Goalscorers: N'Gala, Ferry

Havant & Waterlooville 1-3 Portsmouth
Goalscorers: Bird, Barcham, Wallace

------------------------------------------

Overall i feel we had a pretty decent pre-season and i for one am looking forward to the start of the League 2 campaign.

Play Up Pompey

Player Of Pre-Season

Ryan Bird

View attachment 460949

His form during pre-season shocked me as i was planning on loaning him out but he showed me that he deserves to be given a chance in the team.

Goals: 6
Assists: 2

-----------------------------------

So that concludes the first real update i hope you enjoyed it and will continue to follow my Portsmouth journey.

Good Night
:)

Last edited:
good luck mate im in 2nd season as them and its solid .

sittin outside league 1 playoff place with 8 games left

cheers wanna try and go up but wont be easy tough league this one

i will follow

considering doing a Portsmouth save in the future actually. good coaches and i like the look of Ashley Harris

i will follow

considering doing a Portsmouth save in the future actually. good coaches and i like the look of Ashley Harris

cheers mate love your stories especially the Bilbao ones of course yeah Harris looks a beast again this year had a tester save on the demo with Pompey he scored 24 in 33 for me but i used editor as he has been loaned out to Chelmsford in real life so did that but he isnt looking the best in real life at the mo unfortunately

August

View attachment 460470

6 games this month
-
Mixed results
-
Pat, Bradley & Wallace prove their worth

----------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 460468

View attachment 460467
Goalscorer: Painter (30)

View attachment 460465
Goalscorers: Ferry (10), Agyemang (55,74), N'Gala (65)

View attachment 460464
Goalscorer: Wallace (33)

View attachment 460463
Goalscorer: Barcham (28)

View attachment 460462
Goalscorers: Agyemang (3), Bradley (38), Wallace (77), Lawrence (88)

View attachment 405863

View attachment 460461
Goalscorers: Agyemang (15), Ferry (25)

----------------------------

Monthly Review

Overall i feel it was a good month considering it was my first month in charge and we put up a great fight vs a League 1 side, MK Dons only losing on penalties after taking 9 penalties each before crashing to a 8-7 defeat on spot-kicks. The result against Plymouth was poor but we thrashed both Torquay and Southend.

Table

View attachment 460460

So after 5 games into august we sit in a respectable 10th with Mansfield surprisingly topping the table after winning all 5 of there games.

Player Of The Month

Pat Agyemang

View attachment 460458

This beast claims the player of the month award after scoring 3 goals this month and getting 1 assist matching his goal tally for the whole of last season.

----------------------------

Hope you enjoyed and please comment what you think so far
PUP !

will be following, best of luck I'm also doing a portsmouth story. came second in league 2 first season. ashley harris was scoring for fun!

league 1, no transfer budget, no wage increase. so be warned I hope you make it as I'm completely stuck as to what to do with my team now!!

will be following, best of luck I'm also doing a portsmouth story. came second in league 2 first season. ashley harris was scoring for fun!

league 1, no transfer budget, no wage increase. so be warned I hope you make it as I'm completely stuck as to what to do with my team now!!

cheers thanks for following yeah that happened to me in my story last year just tried to get around it by getting loans and frees also try to get a parent club

I'm in 4th seasons with Portsmouth atm.The team has some amazing youth players Dan butler,Adam Webster, Ashley Harris,Jed Wallace are all ready for some first team action and progressed really well. Especially Dan Butler has been my first choice LB for 3 seasons in a row. Padovani actually played as a starter in L2 and rotation L1 well . N'Gala is not rated highly but somehow play very well too. Don't renew Painter contract when you already have Butler, not to mention he demands a bit too much.
Simon Ferry is the star of the team tho, sold him for 750k going in 4th season.

iFortunatus :maybe try to offload some dead weight? I did get a transfer kitty of 200k and 60k wage budget to work with the second season in L1. If you manage to stay afloat the first season in L1 tho, the 2nd season will be much better .

Will be following this topics. Loan and free transfer are always the way to go in LLM anw :) . Good luck

(edit coz of typo in name)

Last edited:
thanks for the advice, glad to hear from someone who is ahead of me, yes I've kept all the star players above, dan butler I didn't play much but I got rid of painter so he will be first choice. I also sold ferry for 300k just so I could get his wage back. god rid of a lot of players though it's good to know second season will get better though

September

View attachment 460107

Only 4 games
-
Tough fixture list
-
Former loanee to return on permanent

--------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 460098
Goalscorers: Bird (17), Wallace (32), N'Gala (75)

View attachment 460096
Goalscorers: Tarbuck (16), OG (21), Ferry (49)

View attachment 460095
Goalscorer: Bird (44)
Ferry red card (22)

View attachment 460055
Goalscorer: Bird (49)

----------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

This month was a short month, only having 4 games winning 2 losing 1 and drawing 1. I was disappointed at our loss to Newport but what can you do. Also im pleased to announce that striker Wes Thomas of Bournemouth will be joining us on a permanent in January after agreeing a fee of 250k.

View attachment 460050
Hopefully Wes can help us score a few more goals as our strikers aren't scoring as much as i would like he had a spell on loan at Fratton Park last season scoring 3 goals in 6 games.

TABLE

View attachment 460049

So we have moved up one place to 9th and it is looking pretty tight so anything can happen, But our goal difference looks decent. However Mansfield are still flying high at the top of the league.

Player Of The Month

Jed Wallace

View attachment 460044

He may have only scored one goal this month and Bird got three but what a goal it was and he also managed to get three assists so that swung it for me.

---------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed and
Good Night
PUP

Last edited:
keep playing wallace hes class for me

btw how did u manage to get 250k ? iv had zero cash in 3 seasons with pompey lol

keep playing wallace hes class for me

btw how did u manage to get 250k ? iv had zero cash in 3 seasons with pompey lol

im shocked aswell i asked for more wages as i wanted ebanks-blake on a free and the board said no so like a month later i asked for a increased transfer budget and they gave me a million which i was delighted with but im sure the cash from my feeder club Man Utd helped but i wasnt expecting that much and then i decreased that so i had like 400k transfer and my wage would then be improved and thought i'd sign Thomas :)

Matt Derbyshire looks the better player to me, up to yourself though!