Weird Creatures

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 9K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
I have just been down in my garden, and was startled by this quite large creepy looking insect. Being the inquisitive type, I googled 'European burrowing insect' and found it. It was a European Mole Cricket - Wiki Page
Gryllotalpa_gryllotalpa_vorne-oben.jpg

Pretty Creepy looking thing to find in the garden at night, huh?

Not really a great thread, but thought I would show you guys what insects inhabit my home in Spain.

I'd **** myself if I saw that in my garden.

That is pretty strange and scary looking. Mind you, they probably eat these in South East Asia.

I think it's the ear/flap things that scare me most.

Used to get stung by these bastards all the time on holiday in my parents Spanish villa.

wasp.jpg

Seems Spain doesnt harbour many friendly insects.

I will now show you some other creepy crawlies that I have seen, or live in my area -

Mediterranean Recluse Spider. This is one of three venomous spiders in Spain, and I have had a few of these in the garden.
3481408056_3cafe6c5ac.jpg

Wolf Spider. Another posionous Spider. I saw one of these fellas up in the mountains whilst hiking.
Garage%20Wolf%20rez.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

So you didn't stomp the **** out of it?

Of course not. It's harmless(yes, really), and it burrowed into the soil.

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

I thought I had watched Alien vs Predator too much.

Just remembered this one when I was lifting some rubble from the garden.
Megarian Banded Centipede
3159088031_6113b0065d.jpg

Grow a good 6 inches in length, and sting like mad, and I can account for the sting. It left a scar on my hand.

Camel Spiders

camel-spider.jpg

Have you seen some of the wounds off those? Serious little feckers.

HERE - a bite 20 days after

HERE

they are gruesome pics, so dont click unless you have a strong stomach.

Have you seen some of the wounds off those? Serious little feckers.

HERE - a bite 20 days after

HERE

they are gruesome pics, so dont click unless you have a strong stomach.

Little? oO)

Oh and, disgusting.

Man, I really regret looking through this thread, and clicking on the images above, I'm squeamish, I didn't see the line below that read 'So don't click unless you have a strong stomach. ' !

Man, I really regret looking through this thread, and clicking on the images above, I'm squeamish, I didn't see the line below that read 'So don't click unless you have a strong stomach. ' !

Should have put it above really, but what ya gonna do?:P

I have a phobia of spiders and just shat a brick when i saw those pictures :O I have to say my brother is a strange one :S

3159088031_6113b0065d.jpg

That's the one that scares me most, as I have been stung by it.

these animals i have neither seen or heard of until i looked on this thread and ******* **** if i saw any in real i would run for my life

Back