Wenger angry at Mancini comments

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 5K
For starters, being asked a question of what do you think of Samir Nasri? and answering with "hes a great player and i would like him here" is acceptable to a level, But saying "I expect to sign him within 2 weeks" is completely disrespectful.

Can you actually prove that Nasri wants out? He's holding out for more money at Arsenal and if offered it he will stay.

P.S. I brought up Chelsea with your team being a serial offender of this very recently? Recall?

So?? thats my club not me?? If i believe in something i will say it whether it benifits my club or not. He didnt say i expect to sign him he said i hope to sign him which is totally different. If a player is loyal and totally happy at his current club then it wont even bother him if another club says yer we would like him.

That you are only one of many and you sometimes have rather different opinions from other people.

Thats because i dont follow the crowd all the time and see things as the only alternative. The way you said it was as if i only say things that goes for my club which is totally false.

Football is a business, Nasri's job is a footballer working for Arsenal. He is unhappy and wants to leave, another company wants him and has said "yer we would like him". Seriously not taking a pop at you but what the **** has this got to do with me supporting Chelsea seriously grow the **** up people!

Because of the whole Ashley Cole saga I imagine, people will always associate tapping up with Chelsea, because of the high profile tapping up they have done in the past.

Either way, it's rather disrespectful. Would you like it if United came out and said, hypothetically speaking, 'We want to make John Terry our next signing, and expect to complete it in the next month', and then Terry handed in a transfer request, which as far as I know Nasri hasn't, but still could.

I think, at the end of the day, transfers should be dealt with outside of the public eye, and only should the buying club comment once they have signed the player. That's how I see it anyway, it's allot more respectful to both the club and the player.

Because of the whole Ashley Cole saga I imagine, people will always associate tapping up with Chelsea, because of the high profile tapping up they have done in the past.

Either way, it's rather disrespectful. Would you like it if United came out and said, hypothetically speaking, 'We want to make John Terry our next signing, and expect to complete it in the next month', and then Terry handed in a transfer request, which as far as I know Nasri hasn't, but still could.

I think, at the end of the day, transfers should be dealt with outside of the public eye, and only should the buying club comment once they have signed the player. That's how I see it anyway, it's allot more respectful to both the club and the player.

Again Chelsea have been caught and punished only once for tapping up and the way it was done i dont agree with no and think it was way too far. However Mancini never used the word "expect" did he. "I hope that we can buy because we need other players and I hope that this player can arrive before the end of the month." Huge difference if you ask me, if Utd came out and said we want JT then i would fully expect JT to laugh it off, but if he was not 100% happy then i'd back the club to sell him simple as that.

I personally don't see much wrong doing in what Mancini said, I think Wenger should let this slide as it really isn't a very big deal at all.

Again Chelsea have been caught and punished only once for tapping up and the way it was done i dont agree with no and think it was way too far. However Mancini never used the word "expect" did he. "I hope that we can buy because we need other players and I hope that this player can arrive before the end of the month." Huge difference if you ask me, if Utd came out and said we want JT then i would fully expect JT to laugh it off, but if he was not 100% happy then i'd back the club to sell him simple as that.

So you would have wanted Chelsea to have sold Terry then when City came in and he didn't say anything about it for about 3 weeks, suggesting he wasn't '100% happy'?

So you would have wanted Chelsea to have sold Terry then when City came in and he didn't say anything about it for about 3 weeks, suggesting he wasn't '100% happy'?

Honestly if JT had came out and said "I want to leave" then yer if we got a good offer then i'd drive him myself. An unhappy unitrested player is not needed at any club no matter the person in question. Corse i'd be upset because of what he has achieved at this club etc but it would be the right thing to do.

Honestly if JT had came out and said "I want to leave" then yer if we got a good offer then i'd drive him myself. An unhappy unitrested player is not needed at any club no matter the person in question. Corse i'd be upset because of what he has achieved at this club etc but it would be the right thing to do.

Nor has Nasri said 'I want to leave', now let's keep this topic going with FACTS.

I tend to agree with CJ on this.
People get far too butthurt over anyone saying anything about another footballer.

So what if he wants to sign him? Arsenal still have to accept the offer and if the player is willing to hand in a request then in my eyes he can **** off.
It's not really "tapping up" sure if he was taking him out for a nice meal and buying him a sweet new car i'd be pretty worried but saying he expects to sign him withing so many days isn't, it's just a sign of intent on his behalf. Sure it could of been phrased a little better but even so it's far from the dirty backhand tactics that used to go on.

Joss, where are U? ;)

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

bah mancity. first was AW (and also Liverpool) qustion on teh 400m sponser deal, and now over nasri.

Dont see the big deal, Mancini didnt say he WILL sign Nasri, only said he would LIKE to sign him in 2 weeks... Makes me glad we are keeping our noses out of transfer talks with the media.

Nor has Nasri said 'I want to leave', now let's keep this topic going with FACTS.

Fair enough but what Mancini has said is completely fine simple as that. Talking about facts people were saying Mancini said he expected when he didnt. Dont just lambasture me.

You just don't do that. It's not moral and not good practice for a club. Here's to hoping they get kicked out the CL.

It's quite ironic the timing of this when the same thing happened to me in FM on Friday, when said the same about Rodwell-4 days later (gametime) he was gone :@. Had the last laugh though when the City board sacked him for finishing 5th-o yes i had a quiet chortle to myself.

But I do think it is disrespectful imo as others have said. But I do laugh when it's said Man City are going to win the biggest trophies and blah blah blah. If last season is anything to go by, it's a very pre-mature statement. They showed at times they haven't got the balls to go out and try to win the games they are supposed to, mainly because they are so disrespectful to some clubs, they think they just have to show up and win. Pure arrogance-sometimes, but not all the time. Look at the way Liverpool dismantled them. They don't need mega-paid superstars to win things. They need to work more as a dam team. Thats how Liverpool beat them, thats how Everton beat them. TEAM work.

Wenger has every right to be annoyed. Why shouldn't he? Free country isn't it? Mancini would do the same thing. Mancini might be an excellent manager, but he needs to show more humility. The way he's gone about this will taint him a little bit. There's a reason why Everton fans don't like the way Man City go about things, and it's surfacing again.

Bet you've all said you'd wanted to sign players on fm before to unsettle them.

HYPOCRITES!!

I'm not trying to cause an argument, but didnt Wenger do this to Alex Chamberlain in January?

I'm not trying to cause an argument, but didnt Wenger do this to Alex Chamberlain in January?

Not only that but CJ who likes to bring up that i support Chelsea with every point i make which makes no sence at all because Mr Redknapp is a man that loves to talk about and declare his intrest in other teams players on a daily basis.

After he already had permission to talk to the player, and talks had started between the clubs over a fee

Not the same as here

Not only that but CJ who likes to bring up that i support Chelsea with every point i make which makes no sence at all because Mr Redknapp is a man that loves to talk about and declare his intrest in other teams players on a daily basis.

Different situation entirely, and believe me I am not happy with it.

Redknapp is always asked about Parker and others and says answers like "I rate him he's a twiffffic lad" but doesn't say "I hope/expect to sign X by the end of the month".

Different situation entirely, and believe me I am not happy with it.

Redknapp is always asked about Parker and others and says answers like "I rate him he's a twiffffic lad" but doesn't say "I hope/expect to sign X by the end of the month".

He said it about Neville and Adam. We will see what we can do we would like him etc. Mancini said we hope to sign him. I dont see much if any difference at all.

Back